Votes: 58 54.7%
  • We have dinner at a restaurant

Votes: 13 12.3%
  • I don’t celebrate Easter

Votes: 16 15.1%
  • Other - and there will be others - please post your answer

Votes: 16 15.1%

• Total voters
I’ll make ham, as gratin potatoes, spinach and a baked apple for dinner on Sunday. I don’t know if it is celebrating Easter really. It’s just an excuse to make a the meal.

My daughter and I will also have Daiya Key Lime Cheezcake with blueberry compote because it is her birthday.

I will go to the stations this evening, and sing in the choir so Easter Sunday will be a big day. Dinner at someone else's home.

Never knew of a church that had Mass on Good Friday? When I went to a catholic church it used to be service with reading of the passion, veneration of the cross, and communion that was from a previous service.
You are absolutely right.
I should have called it a service.
I'll actually change that now - thanks for telling me about this.
I'll blame it on early morning brain fog - LOL!

Good morning all.

Marie, Natalie and I will be going to Easter service at church tomorrow. Her boys are with the dad tomorrow. And then Natalie and her boys over on Sunday for brunch and whatever. Vince and his gang are on a cruise in the Caribbean somewhere.

Thanks for another great week of polls, Sandy. My best to you, Kevin, Katie, all your parents and family for a wonderful Easter Sesson. And to all the folks here on the boards.

View attachment 846295
Thank you very much for the thank you and Happy Easter wish :goodvibes
I hope you and your entire family have a very Happy and Blessed Easter :hug::goodvibes

Growing up Jewish with parents tied to two different faiths, I’ve never celebrated Easter in the religious sense. We still went to my paternal grandparents’ for Easter dinner after everyone on my dad’s side finished up at church. So it was mainly the secular traditions we enjoyed.

DH’s mom wasn’t overly religious during his childhood, so most of his observances background is also secular in nature. So, that’s really all we do…along with a big dinner. One of the cheap turkeys I picked up around thanksgiving is thawing in the fridge…and if I’m lucky, I’ll get these Easter tulips 😂

IMG_1569.jpeg

:goodvibesI checked a lot of the boxes on this one! Easter is the most solemn and happy celebration of our faith - it's a pretty big deal. Today we're feasting at our house, which feels a little weird for Good Friday, but that's just the way everyone's schedules worked out. We're having 8 guests for an early dinner and will head over to church for evening services right after.

:cake:Tomorrow is my birthday, so we're getting together with friends for that too but will likely go to a restaurant.

Sunday will start with a raucous and joyful morning service with another feast at mid-day. We'll be hosted by friends. Overall, it's going to be a simply LOVELY few days. Hallelujah - He is risen indeed!! :worship:
Happy Birthday!!!! party:
I hope you have a great birthday Easter weekend :goodvibes

This year will be low-key.

I'll be visiting my mom at her house. And I will be cooking ribeye steaks in an air fryer (they come out fantastic). We'll have some collard greens and some fresh sliced radishes as sides. I'm probably going to cook a cast iron cornbread too.

Last edited:
Nothing religious, just a couple of days for my Godson. Tonight he'll get to color eggs with his cousin who's visiting until Saturday afternoon. Saturday night we'll fill plastic eggs with little trinkets and quarters (maybe the odd dollar bill) and hide them around the house after he goes to bed. He'll have an Easter basket filled with savory things like Pringles and pretzels for Sunday because he doesn't like candy of any kind. That's it, really. I'm not cooking or anything this year.

Growing up Jewish with parents tied to two different faiths, I’ve never celebrated Easter in the religious sense. We still went to my paternal grandparents’ for Easter dinner after everyone on my dad’s side finished up at church. So it was mainly the secular traditions we enjoyed.

DH’s mom wasn’t overly religious during his childhood, so most of his observances background is also secular in nature. So, that’s really all we do…along with a big dinner. One of the cheap turkeys I picked up around thanksgiving is thawing in the fridge…and if I’m lucky, I’ll get these Easter tulips 😂

View attachment 846311

Hey, those are pretty cool!

I know there’s already been some threads about Easter, but I can’t let Easter weekend come and go without doing an Easter poll.

With Easter Sunday being in a few days, I’m wondering today…..

What are your plans for this Easter weekend? (include today as part of the weekend)
(multiple choice)

*However you celebrate - I hope you all have a Happy and Blessed Easter ✝️🐰🌷

For Me…….I will be going a church service this afternoon (I’ll leave work long enough to go to church and then return back to work). Easter Sunday I will be Lectoring/reading at the 9:30am Mass and then my DH and I will go straight to brunch. We’ll be there with both sets of parents - they like Easter brunch. Then my DH will go home and just have a relaxing rest of the day.

View attachment 846277
Have a blessed holy weekend @slo . 😊 ✝️ ⛪🇻🇦

My dad gets discharged from rehab (nursing facility) on Easter so that's a blessing. M e, DH, my brother, SIL, and niece (3 yrs) are going to my parents' house. Mom picked up her free spiral ham from the grocery store and some asparagus. I'm bringing the sweet potato casserole (just needs to be warmed up) and an ice cream cake. Brother is bringing a pasta dish that will just need to be heated as well (most likely penne ala vodka) and whatever my niece is eating this week (LOL). Keeping it simple and flexible since rehab hasn't given us an exact time they are releasing my dad. DH and I are going early to help my mom. Brother will be working around niece's nap. Hopefully we eat by 4 but we shall see.

Good Friday Mass this morning and Easter mass Sunday followed by Sunday School that I help with at our parish. Easter egg hunt at our house with the grand children followed by afternoon Easter dinner next door at my SIL & BIL house with our children, grandchildren, niece and other BIL. Looking forward to the feast!!

:goodvibesI checked a lot of the boxes on this one! Easter is the most solemn and happy celebration of our faith - it's a pretty big deal. Today we're feasting at our house, which feels a little weird for Good Friday, but that's just the way everyone's schedules worked out. We're having 8 guests for an early dinner and will head over to church for evening services right after.

:cake:Tomorrow is my birthday, so we're getting together with friends for that too but will likely go to a restaurant.

Sunday will start with a raucous and joyful morning service with another feast at mid-day. We'll be hosted by friends. Overall, it's going to be a simply LOVELY few days. Hallelujah - He is risen indeed!! :worship:

Happy Birthday RonandAnnette. :bday:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter