• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Skating at the Poly?

Gamer

Earning My Ears
We went to the Poly last month, and had the BEST TIME EVER!!
We are already saving so we can go back next year.
Something I noticed though, there was never much use on the paths around the buildings. I was wondering if you are allowed to Roller Blade (not insane, stunts, Just the speed of walking) around those paths? I think it would be really fun to blade from the room to the beach, hang out, then skate back. I never saw any signs.

If anyone knows, it would be great! I'd buy a new pair of skates next spring to break in for the summer trip :D

Florida has laws about where you can and can't skate/rollerblade. WDW asks that you check at the front desk of your resort to find out more information on where you can skate at WDW.

Anne

Like Anne mentioned, this is right from "Harbari", the AKL newsletter. I remember reading the same thing in the Polynesian's newsletter.
"Florida law does not permit in-line skaing on roadways or parking lots. Please see a Resort Recreation Cast Member for information concerning in-line skating and scooters, as well as appropriate locations."

I wish more people were as caring about the notes on the check in material about inline skates and scooters. There was one kid in concierge who kept riding his scooter off the elevator and out the lobby doors. I was almost run down by him twice. After the second time I was going to say something to the concierge staff but I didnt see him again. Either they checked out or someone else complained to the staff.

I wouldnt think inline skating would be allowed on the paths because it could be dangerous to other walkers and also there are a lot of those little clubcars that use those paths. I would call the Polynesian and ask the resort manager.

Thanks.
I was just curious mostly. But if it was ok, I would of course not go faster than walking speed, and make sure i'm out of the way of other people. I know how annoying it can be.

Thanks for the info :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter