Sitting in private transportation

connie254

Disney fanatic
This is going to seem like an odd question. It'll be just my son(32 years old, developmentally delayed/autism) and myself and I booked a private transportation service to and from the airport. I did this many years ago and the driver wanted me to sit up front with him and I wanted to sit in the back with my son and the driver made me awkward. My son has a "spot" in cars, the seat behind the driver. Should I explain that I want to sit in the back? Is having an adult sit upfront normal?

That sounds odd. With who was this? You’re paying for the service, unless you are requesting to hang out the window, why should the drive tell you where you have to sit.

I don't remember the company but it was way before Disney started Magic Express. After that driver put the luggage in the trunk, he opened the door for me in the front seat-I ignored that motion and opened the back door for myself.
I'm just wondering if it's something that I need to explain.

I really doubt you'll have that problem today, most want you to sit in back. Just decline to sit up front and get in the back. If you want check with the service you book and let the know.

That's really weird. I have always had drivers assume that the passenger would sit in the back (unless there were so many passengers that one of them needed to sit in the front.)

It would make me uncomfortable if a driver wanted me to sit up front. I can't think of any reason the driver would want that, unless it was for a very bad reason.

I don't remember the company but it was way before Disney started Magic Express. After that driver put the luggage in the trunk, he opened the door for me in the front seat-I ignored that motion and opened the back door for myself.
I'm just wondering if it's something that I need to explain.
Hmmm Did he need to release part of the back seat in order to hold all the luggage?

regardless, you are the paying customer. As long as you book a car big enough to hold X number of passengers, you can surely sit anywhere you want if you have less than that maximum amount.

if you aren’t happy with the driver, immediately contact the company and utilize other ride share Transport. There’s a cab stand at the terminal, easy peasy.

This is going to seem like an odd question. It'll be just my son(32 years old, developmentally delayed/autism) and myself and I booked a private transportation service to and from the airport. I did this many years ago and the driver wanted me to sit up front with him and I wanted to sit in the back with my son and the driver made me awkward. My son has a "spot" in cars, the seat behind the driver. Should I explain that I want to sit in the back? Is having an adult sit upfront normal?

The only time I've sat in the front of an Uber is when someone wet sat in the backseat after it had rained. I've never been asked to sit up front otherwise, private car or Uber/Lyft, and find that he asked you to very strange.

I think you can expect to just sit in the back and not have them question it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter