• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives

The weird part is that he refuses to dump anyone. He waits for them to leave.

I get it. But I just don't buy the religious angle any more. He doesn't go to church any more, never found a church after the move and really doesn't mention it very much.

it's an ingrained mindset in his former faith. it was part of both his lds and aub faith. thing is he may claim to no longer be associated with the aub but some sources have claimed otherwise. an article from earlier this year reports-

the Browns are still very much part of the church. According to the source, the family only claimed they were “kicked out” by the church after going public because the AUB wanted to separate themselves from the Brown family publicly. The AUB was allegedly split on the idea of the Browns documenting their plural marriage experience on Sister Wives but never kicked out the family.
Meri Brown’s mother, Bonnie Ahlstrom, was a “registered agent” for the church until her death. If the Browns were truly apostates, then Bonnie wouldn’t have been allowed to be associated with the family or appear on the show. The contact between active church members and them would have ceased. The source claims that the Browns maintain open friendships and relationships with many church members because, secretly, they’re still members.

The blogger claims the only reason the family isn’t attending AUB church services is simply due to location, as there isn’t a community for polygamists in Flagstaff, Arizona, where the family currently resides. So while they claim they were kicked out, their beliefs and status within the church remains the same.
Christine shocked fans when she revealed that she left the AUB. As a granddaughter of the founder, Rulon C. Allred, After leaving her 27-year-long marriage to Kody in 2021, she also left her faith.

so christine did not officialy leave the church until AFTER she left kody (and this would have resulted in cutting off most if not all of her extended family b/c she is a granddaughter of the founder, Rulon C. Allred).

Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Kody, Meri, Janelle, and Christine all lived in a 3 BR trailer at one time. I just can't imagine that!

Somehow I never picked up on the fact that Kody, Meri, Janelle, and Christine all lived in a 3 BR trailer at one time. I just can't imagine that!
Yeah, I think it explains some of their issues from the early years. From the show on Sunday it does seem that things changed drastically after Robin joined the family. Instead of assimilating into the family she changed it, whether on purpose or not. She destroyed what she says she wanted. But it is funny how Kody tries to rewrite history and the other wives are like, nah... You're wrong.

I remember them saying you could hear everything. EVERYTHING since the walls were thin. Three newlyweds. No wonder they wanted to kill eachother back then.

So I just watched last nights episode and wow... I do feel kinda bad for Robin in that she so wanted Kody to fix things with Meri but that is obviously not happening. I know she kinda caused some of the issues and is always playing the victim but I blame Kody more than anything.

I was happy to see Meri saying that it wasn't fair and she deserved more as she very much does. And Kody trying to act like it shouldn't be about what he says is his narcissism coming out. He led her on for years and now is acting like he did nothing wrong.

Finally I am so excited for the tell all. I wish they had them all together at once but either way it looks to be a doosy. Kody claiming he never loved Meri... Ridiculous! He just wants to re-write history so that he is the aggrieved party. I can't wait for what Meri, Janelle & Christine say! And 4 parts, wow!!

Robyn was ridiculous last night. Making something that was about Meri all about her and how upset she was. Seriously, she is the one crying and sobbing when Meri is the one Kody doesn't want to be married to anymore.
Seriously. It was hard to even watch. She doesn't call Meri. She didn't invite Meri over for second Christmas. She just wants Meri to hang on over on the periphery so she can technically still be in a plural marriage. She doesn't care even the slightest for what's best for those other women. She only wants Robyn's world to be just like she imagined in her selfish naive dreams.

Robyn between sobs:
"I just:sad: want to sit on a:sad: porch with my:sad: sister wives!:sad::sad:"

Definitely all about her.

I finally got a clue as to why Meri was hanging around so long when she talked about their anniversary date when they first moved to Flagstaff. She said Kody took her for dinner and to the Grand Canyon and spoke encouragingly of their future together and even cheered to “new beginnings”!

I finally got a clue as to why Meri was hanging around so long when she talked about their anniversary date when they first moved to Flagstaff. She said Kody took her for dinner and to the Grand Canyon and spoke encouragingly of their future together and even cheered to “new beginnings”!
Yet I have heard Kody explicitly say it is over multiple times, and in Meri's next sentence it is like she didn't even hear it or reworks his words into something completely different. And this is on camera she does this, so I can not imagine what happens in private, when he says "Not interested anymore" fifty different ways and it does not sink in over years & years.

I suspect this is one of the aspects of Meri's personality that he was talking about on Sunday's episode, that he can not deal.with anymore.

(And yes of course I think Kody is an *** & Meri will be blessed to be out of there.)

Last edited:
Seriously. It was hard to even watch. She doesn't call Meri. She didn't invite Meri over for second Christmas. She just wants Meri to hang on over on the periphery so she can technically still be in a plural marriage. She doesn't care even the slightest for what's best for those other women. She only wants Robyn's world to be just like she imagined in her selfish naive dreams.
Just adding -

They've all dropped Meri. Over many seasons they make the strangest comments like I have not seen Meri or I have not talked to Meri, when at that point they were all supposed.to.be 'family'. And of course she can reach out too, but she is the one alone.

I understand there is a back story that we only get snippets of - Meri and abusive ways. But it is sad all around regardless.

I believe I am a strong person, but I am afraid all that might break me. That is a whole boatload of rejection. Crazy amount. Her husband wants nothing to do with her, the older kids want nothing to do with her. And despite them acting like they are the ones caring about her predicament Janelle & Christine have openly said they want nothing to do with her. And she is still mourning the loss of her mother. I mean a mother is a mother, despite age it is such a void.

It is beyond sad.

'Grace' is not living in that family.

Last edited:
It seems to me that Meri dropped the bomb of her leaving and Kody was not expecting that to be done while recording. He wanted to keep this all private but looks to me that Meri was fed up. Good for her.

Robyn needs to Shutup and stop speaking for Kody. He knows what he’s saying and he means what he says. Stop making excuses for him.

It seems to me that Meri dropped the bomb of her leaving and Kody was not expecting that to be done while recording. He wanted to keep this all private but looks to me that Meri was fed up. Good for her.

Robyn needs to Shutup and stop speaking for Kody. He knows what he’s saying and he means what he says. Stop making excuses for him.
She kept trying to speak for both of them. It was infuriating. Leaving a marriage after 30 years had to be an extremely difficult decision and no matter what we think of her it was very brave on her part. Did the show focus on that? Nooooo. It was all about Robyn.

Did anyone catch the matching ring to Kody’s on Robyn’s right hand? Those two made choices but it’s everyone else’s fault. Then in the previews for the tell all she has a pretty fancy wedding ring on. She can cry she never wanted it to be that way but she sure doesn’t mind the rewards. Don’t even get me started on them screwing Meri out of her fair share of Coyote Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter