Sister Wives

I still can’t get over Ysabel sobbing about being in pain and needing the surgery and Kody telling her something like she hasn’t given him a reason why she can’t wait 6 months. And then it’s somehow OK for Janelle to go help with her granddaughter’s surgery, but Christine can’t go to help Ysabel recover after hers.

I still can’t get over Ysabel sobbing about being in pain and needing the surgery and Kody telling her something like she hasn’t given him a reason why she can’t wait 6 months. And then it’s somehow OK for Janelle to go help with her granddaughter’s surgery, but Christine can’t go to help Ysabel recover after hers.
Kody is a complete jerk. I think part of the reason that he didn’t push back against Janelle is that he knows she’s strong and there was no way she wasn’t going and that she’d never even factor in his opinion. He did get a couple of digs in, but she just doesn’t give him a reaction. He knows he can press Christine’s buttons.

I always read this thread, but never post...I wanted to add a couple things after this episode.

First, I was shocked that he drove Robyn's daughter and family to the graduation and not Christine's. I don't know why but, that bothered me so badly.

Also, I think Robyn is the reason he is being so weird about everything. I think Robyn told him he can't go for the surgery or other things, but he is taking the fall. I think she is pulling strings behind the scenes and what comes off on TV is Kody is a huge jerk, but Robyn is sweet, nice, so caring, and taking the pandemic so seriously, while these other rebel rousers are running around everywhere. I'm really not sticking up for him. He does come off as a huge jerk, but I have to think there is more to the story. It's a little out of character for him to be that awful, which makes me think he is laying it on extra thick, then they are so mad at him they don't think about anything else.

I think he wants to have 1 wife and that is Robyn. I 100% think Robyn wants him to have only one wife, and it's her.

I feel bad for the other wives and kids. I can't imagine putting 30 years into something and being brushed aside for someone who hasn't been in the family for that long. As a wife I would be upset and as a kid I would be upset. I'm not blaming everything on Robyn, I promise, but that was a major change that may sink the ship. They created a family that is very unique. I could never do it, but I enjoy watching it. I could be way off with all this, but that's what I see when I watch :)

I always read this thread, but never post...I wanted to add a couple things after this episode.

First, I was shocked that he drove Robyn's daughter and family to the graduation and not Christine's. I don't know why but, that bothered me so badly.

Also, I think Robyn is the reason he is being so weird about everything. I think Robyn told him he can't go for the surgery or other things, but he is taking the fall. I think she is pulling strings behind the scenes and what comes off on TV is Kody is a huge jerk, but Robyn is sweet, nice, so caring, and taking the pandemic so seriously, while these other rebel rousers are running around everywhere. I'm really not sticking up for him. He does come off as a huge jerk, but I have to think there is more to the story. It's a little out of character for him to be that awful, which makes me think he is laying it on extra thick, then they are so mad at him they don't think about anything else.

I think he wants to have 1 wife and that is Robyn. I 100% think Robyn wants him to have only one wife, and it's her.

I feel bad for the other wives and kids. I can't imagine putting 30 years into something and being brushed aside for someone who hasn't been in the family for that long. As a wife I would be upset and as a kid I would be upset. I'm not blaming everything on Robyn, I promise, but that was a major change that may sink the ship. They created a family that is very unique. I could never do it, but I enjoy watching it. I could be way off with all this, but that's what I see when I watch :)
I see exactly the same. And I too was bothered that he went with Robyn's kid in the car for graduation and not his kid with Christine.

I wonder if it wasn't for the show would he just run off with Robyn and not tell the others? Technically he's not married to the others so he could just ghost them, the only thing is the kids I guess.

I finally watched the season finale last night. I think if the producers got together and said, "Let's make a 2-hour episode that makes Kody look like an all-around horrible person," this is exactly what they would have come up with. I don't think they set out to make him look awful. He did that all by himself.

A couple of things especially stood out to me. First of all, asking Ysabel if she could go to New Jersey alone for major surgery was just beyond ridiculous. It's bad enough that she was in pain. Then he suggests she go alone? He did admit later to the camera that he shouldn't have said that, but it was too late. The damage was done.

In another scene he was shown sitting in the backyard with Robyn and her kids. In a voiceover, he said something like, "Here I am, trying to quarantine with Robyn and her kids. But I can't enjoy my time with Robyn because I'm expected to also visit three other women." I could not believe he would choose to have four wives and then say something like that! It's more obvious than ever that he really just wants to be with Robyn. It's like he kept getting married until he found the one he really wanted.

I felt badly for Janelle when she showed him the calendar and said they would be spending a month apart due to her traveling. She wanted him to say, "I love you, we'll be fine, we'll work it out." She had to explicitly tell him what she wanted to hear so he could repeat it back. Clueless.

Speaking of Janelle, I respect the way she's trying to hold the family together by working on their communication skills. She's taking initiative to make things better for everyone. During the conversation about Utah, she said to Christine, "I want to honor your feelings while asking how we can help you be happy here." She really was trying to help Christine feel better. I also don't see why Christine expected Kody to support her during that conversation. Unless there was a lot more to their private conversation about moving to Utah, I didn't take away that he would support her when she talked to the other wives. He was kind of wishy-washy about a potential move. I think she took his lack of complete negativity as a positive and she ran with it. It will be interesting to see what happens next season.

I wonder if it wasn't for the show would he just run off with Robyn and not tell the others? Technically he's not married to the others so he could just ghost them, the only thing is the kids I guess.
Plural marriage is such a big part of who he is. I just don't see him letting himself "fail" at it.

Not while he can make money off of it. The second they're cancelled it'll be sayonara to the other three so he can just be with Sobbyn and her kids.
It will be interesting to see for sure. I still think his ego is too big for him to fail at it. And to become the bad guy to all those he leaves in his wake. I think he's trying hard though to get one or more of the wives to leave him.

Plural marriage is such a big part of who he is. I just don't see him letting himself "fail" at it.
He won't fail but what he will do is make it so the 3 other wives might move on and leave then he can put it on them for quitting. So he will make it utterly miserable for those 3 until they walk away.

Last edited:
That was the season finale?! There were only 11 episodes... I feel like this was one of the better seasons, way less scripted than before. I wonder if it's going to get renewed?

with Robyn and her kids. In a voiceover, he said something like, "Here I am, trying to quarantine with Robyn and her kids. But I can't enjoy my time with Robyn because I'm expected to also visit three other women." I could not believe he would choose to have four wives and then say something like that! It's more obvious than ever that he really just wants to be with Robyn. It's like he kept getting married until he found the one he really wanted.

I forgot all about that priceless scene. :laughing:

No Kody that is called your personality, can't settle your *** down to be in the moment with anything.

i love Kody in the sense he says such crazy, bizarre things that half of the fun of the show is the viewer going, "Wait! Did he just say what I think he said!?!"

Here's what I find off in their one big family want -

Everyone's use of pronouns. I have already talked about Kody always saying things like Janelle'e kids, her son etc. Never our daughter, my kids with Christine, our child or some choice that doesn't point out separate families.

This week when Janelle said, "I know you have your kids there, but there is nothing/no one for me in Utah Christine."

Huh? I get wanting to be with your own children and even not going to Utah. But hello! Janelle has family there - Mariah, Mykelti, Aspen and one of *their* boys. Their not because she gave birth to him, but because they are one big family.

(I wonder is Kody uses different speech patterns when referring to his children with Robyn.)

Last edited:
I'm actually feeling like the three original wives are making progress with their own selves and each other. The scene between Meri and Christine was touching. I have lost respect for Robyn. Her kids are all younger and at home. Her husband actually loves her, wants to be with her and will sacrifice everything and everyone else to be with her. So she's kind of in an ideal place during Covid. And her kids seem to like not having everyone over for birthdays etc.

The other three wives meanwhile have grown kids, older kids who may not be still at home but also those older kids grew up together, either in the same home in Utah, or in the Vegas cul de sac. Of course they want to see each other and their moms. Robyn's 3 older kids can't relate to that which is understandable. Kody and Robyn either don't see or don't care. Either way they both need a good slap across the face.

I'm actually feeling like the three original wives are making progress with their own selves and each other. The scene between Meri and Christine was touching. I have lost respect for Robyn. Her kids are all younger and at home. Her husband actually loves her, wants to be with her and will sacrifice everything and everyone else to be with her. So she's kind of in an ideal place during Covid. And her kids seem to like not having everyone over for birthdays etc.

The other three wives meanwhile have grown kids, older kids who may not be still at home but also those older kids grew up together, either in the same home in Utah, or in the Vegas cul de sac. Of course they want to see each other and their moms. Robyn's 3 older kids can't relate to that which is understandable. Kody and Robyn either don't see or don't care. Either way they both need a good slap across the face.
100% agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter