Sister Wives

I was just thinking. I have always thought that the way that they all try to keep their relationships completely separate is also leading to the downfall. They really are, all trying to have a monogamous relationship ever since moving to Vegas. The way they have always talked about how they don't kiss or show any affection in front of each other and they don't discuss their private lives with the others is something that I think would promote more jealousy. Jealousy in not knowing. That is why the wives are like totally separate entities and don't get along. They choose to not know anything about the other woman other than letting the siblings play together. You can't have any kind of bond between women if you can't be candid with each other. That's too much like having to keep secrets or side step certain topics and that leads to having to lie and all that jazz. I think they NEED the big house.

This is going to sound really judgey and it is lol...but I have thought from day one that Kody is way out of the league of every one of his wives if we're going on looks and he did at one point seem to have a really decent personality."

I don't see that at all. I don't think he's all that attractive, and I think the wives are pretty. Janelle is kind of plain but she's not unattractive. I don't think anybody thinks he's as attractive as Kody thinks he is.

I don't think he seemed interested in any of them other than from the standpoint that this was who was available to become his wives. Every time he talks about one of them and how they met, it sounds like a business deal to me. With the exception of Robyn maybe.

This is going to sound really judgey and it is lol...but I have thought from day one that Kody is way out of the league of every one of his wives if we're going on looks and he did at one point seem to have a really decent personality. That sends a message of insecurity in him IMO. And it may not be that at all, but I've always wondered why this good looking dude wasn't able to find wives that seem a bit more in line with what he looks like? Seems like in his community it must have been slim pickins. We see these other polygamist friends of theirs and those wives aren't bad looking. I would have thought that Kody, in that religion, would have been the total catch and he could've had his pick of ladies. Even Robyn, who is considered to be the most attractive isn't really THAT attractive. I'd like to think that he saw deeper than skin deep, but I can't give him that much credit lol.
IDK, :confused3 I’m no beauty queen myself and I was hotly pursued by my tall, dark and handsome DH - there are other qualities men appreciate. It has been mentioned on the show by all of them, including Kody, that he likes heavier women, it’s just his type I guess. The term they always use is “curvy girls”. Makes sense that Robin has gained quite a bit of weight since they married. The others have lost some but I attribute that to having seen themselves on camera.

Their appearances have all changed quite drastically over the years. When we were first introduced to them there were all seriously frumpy and went through certain growing pains with weird clothing combinations and clown make-up. At this point they all look like your basic suburban soccer mom to me - not great and not terrible.

First off a huge ROFLMAO at Sobyn. :rotfl2:

Poor Kody he has to deal with 3 women entering/or in menopause and 1 in peri that’s trying as a last ditch to have a baby and cling onto youth.

Honestly I don’t think Kody knows how to handle all 4 women going through this major changing phase of their lives. What we are seeing is women who don’t give a flip anymore voicing their very strong opinions especially when it comes to Kody. They are reflecting upon how this man has severe commitment and communication issues. How he has abandoned them and their children. How these children are now speaking up as adults to their mothers and their mothers are listening with ears wide open. How they all had more independence in Vegas vs. Flagstaff. Throw in menopause/peri to the mix and these women are eating him alive.

It seems Meri is out for revenge, yet she’s just throwing back all the pain Kody put her through for decades. Christine wants to kill him. Janelle is patiently waiting of hurry up and die Kody so I can be released. Robyn is overly clingy and attention seeking because her youth is slipping away. Kody is always looking for what’s next vs. the here and now.

Honestly Kody is a horrible example of what it means to be a man and a polyhusband. It’s all about me, me, me and I, I, I. His selfishness. It worked when his wives were younger, busy raising kids, and their minds occupied with all that entails. Now though, it’s crumbling apart because they are calling him out of his💩. Kody won’t reflect upon himself of what he’s doing wrong. Instead he always say they’re all attacking me.

Curious what the next couple of years will bring. With covid in the mix a lot of people in general are reflecting on their lives and deciding to make major changes.

First off a huge ROFLMAO at Sobyn. :rotfl2:

Poor Kody he has to deal with 3 women entering/or in menopause and 1 in peri that’s trying as a last ditch to have a baby and cling onto youth.

Honestly I don’t think Kody knows how to handle all 4 women going through this major changing phase of their lives. What we are seeing is women who don’t give a flip anymore voicing their very strong opinions especially when it comes to Kody. They are reflecting upon how this man has severe commitment and communication issues. How he has abandoned them and their children. How these children are now speaking up as adults to their mothers and their mothers are listening with ears wide open. How they all had more independence in Vegas vs. Flagstaff. Throw in menopause/peri to the mix and these women are eating him alive.

It seems Meri is out for revenge, yet she’s just throwing back all the pain Kody put her through for decades. Christine wants to kill him. Janelle is patiently waiting of hurry up and die Kody so I can be released. Robyn is overly clingy and attention seeking because her youth is slipping away. Kody is always looking for what’s next vs. the here and now.

Honestly Kody is a horrible example of what it means to be a man and a polyhusband. It’s all about me, me, me and I, I, I. His selfishness. It worked when his wives were younger, busy raising kids, and their minds occupied with all that entails. Now though, it’s crumbling apart because they are calling him out of his💩. Kody won’t reflect upon himself of what he’s doing wrong. Instead he always say they’re all attacking me.

Curious what the next couple of years will bring. With covid in the mix a lot of people in general are reflecting on their lives and deciding to make major changes.
So much to agree with in there, especially all the bolded.

I was thinking the same thing about the aging women. The 3 nearing menopause plus the one trying to hang onto her youth. It's a lot for one person to deal with, especially one who can't think past himself. Argument number 3,458 on why polygamy is a bad idea.

IDK, :confused3 I’m no beauty queen myself and I was hotly pursued by my tall, dark and handsome DH - there are other qualities men appreciate. It has been mentioned on the show by all of them, including Kody, that he likes heavier women, it’s just his type I guess. The term they always use is “curvy girls”. Makes sense that Robin has gained quite a bit of weight since they married. The others have lost some but I attribute that to having seen themselves on camera.

Their appearances have all changed quite drastically over the years. When we were first introduced to them there were all seriously frumpy and went through certain growing pains with weird clothing combinations and clown make-up. At this point they all look like your basic suburban soccer mom to me - not great and not terrible.
Look at the Duggar family. Remember when they were first in tv? They legitimately wore Little House on the Prarie dresses.

Please tell me this is scripted. The way Kody set Christine up to fail and took delight in knowing no one would side with her. That is low level mean-spirited. I was proud of Meri - acting like a big sister to her even with her own problems. But, I kept thinking, you are too close to one another!!

Okay. It’s 100% possible I’m extra sensitive to this because I had medical struggles as a kid, but did anyone else think Kody was a bit... insensitive/tone deaf when he said he didn’t want to “spoil [Janelle’s] (at lest I think I got the right wife...) fun” with her trip? She’s going to support her daughter and granddaughter through a medical procedure! And to say he wishes she wasn’t going? I mean I get not wanting to be apart from her for that long, but she’s not going on a vacation.

Okay. It’s 100% possible I’m extra sensitive to this because I had medical struggles as a kid, but did anyone else think Kody was a bit... insensitive/tone deaf when he said he didn’t want to “spoil [Janelle’s] (at lest I think I got the right wife...) fun” with her trip? She’s going to support her daughter and granddaughter through a medical procedure! And to say he wishes she wasn’t going? I mean I get not wanting to be apart from her for that long, but she’s not going on a vacation.
Yes!! I caught the word "fun" too and was taken aback. Everything Maddie's baby is going through and he acts like it's a trip to the beach. On a side note, we have the same disorder on my mom's side of the family so maybe I too am a bit sensitive.

I’m watching it now (late). How on earth can Kody suggest that a teenage girl go across the country by herself for surgery! He didn’t even apologize when he saw how upset she was. Christine started much calmer than I could have. Once Ysabell went into the house, I would have gone after him.

Edit: And now I’m watching him think only of himself when Janelle needs to go help her daughter while her granddaughter has surgery. Yeah, she’s going out to have fun and an enjoyable experience. I just can’t stand him at all anymore.

Please tell me this is scripted. The way Kody set Christine up to fail and took delight in knowing no one would side with her. That is low level mean-spirited. I was proud of Meri - acting like a big sister to her even with her own problems. But, I kept thinking, you are too close to one another!!
Another painful part to watch. Kody gleefully through Christine under the bus and then says he has no idea what just happened?!?! I really hope this is drama for television. My dvr just cut off in the middle of Meri’s and Christine’s conversation.

Last edited:
Kody should have just hunkered down with Sobyn for the duration of Covid and let the other 3 households get on with making their own decisions.

It seems that the moms were being cautious with what they were doing, but their older and young adult kids needed very different things than Sobyn and her household.

And to deny any child medical attention or a parent to be with them is unheard of and extremely short sited.

It was good to see Meri's mom and Meri take Christine aside.

I was surprised that was the season finale. I wonder how long before the next season will be broadcast. Another year from now would be way too long for this part of the covid storyline to drag on.

I felt so bad for Yasbell. Kody was being a jerk. I was waiting for Christine lay into him after Yasbell went in the house. And then I got really pissed when he was ok with Janelle going.

I felt for Christine at the end of the episode when they were talking about the move. I was glad that Mari took her aside and talked to her. She needed someone in that moment. Though I did keep thinking they were too close.

This was all around a rough episode to watch.

Seriously, Kody was such an a**hole through that entire episode. It looks to me like he just wants out.

I will say that it's fascinating TV though. For the first time in a while with that show. It's really highlighting the issues polygamy is bringing to the table. This pandmic stuff is complicated. And very hard to reach consensus on. But doing that in a polygamous family is exponentially harder. By its nature, you have not only just more people, but a broader range of ages of people, with different reasons to be out of the house risking exposures.

That stuff with Ysabel was horrible. Just the worst. Then the stuff with Janelle. That was awful too. Lovely little slip calling it "fun". Seriously Kody. What the hell?

It very much feels like he's just DONE with the 3 of them and wants to be in a monogamous marriage with Robyn. But I'm sure his pride will never allow him to "fail" at polygamy.

I like Christine. Always have. And I feel so bad for her being disappointed in the reaction to her plan. But dang. Just stop it. Stop with the upheaval. Stop with constantly uprooting all those people for no compelling reason. Did she really think everyone would just pull up stakes again and move when she's the only one with family back there? You're in a plural family. That sort of thing is hard to get everyone to agree on when it's just 2 adults and a couple of kids.

I finally watched the episode and it was definitely a hot mess! one of Kodys many issues is that he always wants to be seen as the hero. He said that “he” wanted to be there to nurse his daughter back to health after her surgery. that’s what upset him. “he” wasn’t going to be the hero. I think it’s a serious surgery and he should go. He can quarantine for 2 weeks when he gets back. That’s the kid that needs him the most at that time.

Wow, I used to watch this show, took a break then in the last four months got caught up. I used to think of Kody as a buffoon. After the episode I'm currently watching I think he is truly the most self centered, morally defunct piece of crap.

I have scoliosis that has gotten really bad. I'm 56 and never had an issue until about five years ago. I have a 42% curvature on a body that is o longer growing like poor Ysabel with her 50%+ curvature. I am in excruciating pain much of the time. I took an early retirement and can plan my life around my issues. A teenage girl with school, friends and a lifetime ahead cannot do that. I was seriously screaming at my TV. The look on that girl's face listening to her dad was heartbreaking.

I will say the show feels more real than it used to.

It's so obvious to see that he only cares about Robyn. He uses Janelle because she earns money. Meri and Christine are of no use to him.

Yeah his experiment is a failure because he's a failure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter