Single Parent Cruising/WDW Christmas Time

Kimberly9701

DIS Veteran
Who has done this? Any tips? We are doing a combo Fantasy Very Merrytime Cruise and WDW stay for 2 weeks starting Nov 26th. I'm hoping that I won't be the only single parent on my cruise, and that I will be able to find a few people to do a brunch (Palo) and dinner (Remy) with..

I'm not on your cruise but will be cruising Mexico as a sole parent in November as well :D I'm well used to traveling solo with the kids but a cruise is a whole different thing. I'm hoping there will be some easy going singles or couples (or anyone) to talk to on my cruise when the kids are in kids club. Otherwise, it is going to be a week of catching up on reading :rotfl2:

I'm not on your cruise but will be cruising Mexico as a sole parent in November as well :D I'm well used to traveling solo with the kids but a cruise is a whole different thing. I'm hoping there will be some easy going singles or couples (or anyone) to talk to on my cruise when the kids are in kids club. Otherwise, it is going to be a week of catching up

Last edited:
My son and I always travel together, and normally no big deal.. I have also travelled to Turkey alone for 28 days 8 years ago..that was my only experience traveling alone, and I did love it. All of that being said, you're correct, cruises are a bit different...but I am hoping that on a ship this size there will be other women traveling with children!

My dd and I just did our 5th cruise on DCL last month. This time we traveled with friends and family but prior cruises we didn't. I would suggest joking your cruise meet thread. Two cruises we've done this and I connected with other single moms ahead of time. We ended up linking reservations and sitting together for dinner. Kids got along great and it was nice to have another adult to chat with. Even if there aren't any other single parents, I bet you could find someone to join you for Palo or Remy.

Have fun!!

I have been on 6 cruises and they have always been great about having us eat with other single parents with kids close to the same age. I think DCL is a great place for single parents and kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter