Single and loves Disney....

dizneefreak29

Mouseketeer
I am single and like most of you on this board a little bit of a disney fanatic :goodvibes One of my girlfriends and I decided (we are tired of the men you meet in bars) decided to try the whole internet dating thing. I met a really nice guy (or so I thought) and we chatted for a couple of days. When we finally exchanged pictures, I sent recent ones of myself and my brother at Disney. As soon as he saw my pictures and inquired about the whole Disney thing....and I told him how much I loved it...he decided we shouldn't talk anymore. He felt that anyone "at my age" (I'm 31) who likes Disney that much can't be mature enough for a relationship. Anyone else get this??

some people don't understand WDW. they think the MK is all of WDW. they have never experienced WDW and really don't want too.

My older brother is one of these people. but thank goodness my younger brother loves WDW as much as I do. So does his family.

I certainly don't understand my older brother. He went a couple of times in the 70's - my grandmother made him. He owed her and had to come.

but he hasn't been back since.

He didn't even show up for mother's birthday (she turned 80). this year she will be 83.

So I don't understand these people. but some people just don't get WDW.

oh from the DVC board - try the medical professional. there are a bunch of doctors, nurses and other medical care people who love WDW. It gives them a chance to escape from their real lives.

some lawyers and firepeople like it to - probably because of the same reasons.

find someone who has a high stress job - I know probably not the right person to have a relationship with - but they seem to love WDW for the escape value.

I dont think many people get it. I am a single dad, who at 36 loves going to WDW. Yes, I bring DS (9) most of the time, but I can honestly say I enjoy the trips as much as he does and have even done a solo trip.

IF (and its a big IF), I ever date again, someone better be comfortable with going to WDW as I dont plan to stop going.

to the OP, hang in there, there are plenty of the "young at heart" out there.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who just doesn get it! :rolleyes: I have friend who tease me about my disney obsession....but I haven't ever had someone actually not want to get to know me because of it!

ya, I find this to. so I do tend to hold off a bit before saying anything. I kind of slowey go into it. but lately I am finding several men who like disney!

Keep your chin up, us Disney loving guys are out there. You might want to check out dismates.com, the guys there, (myself included) love all things disney. Also, don't settle for less when it comes to this, you need to find someone who shares the same enthusiasm for Disney as you do. Good luck!!! (and maybe check out my profile while your there...?) :rolleyes1 ;)

lynn71092: Thanks! :) I have to say I agree with you! lol

SpaceMonkey: Thanks for the great site! Who knew such a place existed?? And such a cool place! I will check out your profile! It is nice to know there are a few "disney men" out there! And ones that live pretty close to home!

Personally, I always enjoy meeting such people, because I always think, as I stand on the deck at California Grill, watching Wishes, with the lights dimmed, and the music playing, "I am SO MUCH HAPPIER being here by myself, than with some loser constantly complaining that this is childish and stupid."

But then again, that may be why I continue to be _Lone_gungirl. Everyone has to pick what makes them happy. Chacun a son gout! :tilt:

Ditto - I'm a single disney lover and I'm perfectly happy that way - with or without a disney-freak mate :)

dizneefreak29 said:
I am single and like most of you on this board a little bit of a disney fanatic :goodvibes One of my girlfriends and I decided (we are tired of the men you meet in bars) decided to try the whole internet dating thing. I met a really nice guy (or so I thought) and we chatted for a couple of days. When we finally exchanged pictures, I sent recent ones of myself and my brother at Disney. As soon as he saw my pictures and inquired about the whole Disney thing....and I told him how much I loved it...he decided we shouldn't talk anymore. He felt that anyone "at my age" (I'm 31) who likes Disney that much can't be mature enough for a relationship. Anyone else get this??
I would question his maturity. Consider in relationships that you do things together that you both like, you go to events that your partner likes to show that you support your partner even though you may not be interested particularly in those events, and then there are events and time spent by yourself. Without more information, he sounds like he only wants a relationship based on his wants and needs yet it is a two-way street. Move on, it will be better for both of you.

dizneefreak29 said:

Whether or not he thinks that Disney is a kid thing-- that is really shallow-- just because he doesn't like one of your interests, you can't talk anymore?? It's one thing if he doesn't like Disney, but you can do much better than that!!

PS-- how did you go about the Internet dating thing??-- I'm thinking of doing that (considering nothing else is working :-), but I don't want to find a crazy-psycho (not that you can't find crazy-psycho's in a bar or anything!! :-))

I am a 35 single guy and WDW is one of my escapes. I am lucky to have a good job with a lot of vacation so I can get away to decompress from the stress. I get the strange looks and "you are going there again" comments but I just don't care. I love to share Disney with friends and family even though they don't understand me going so often until they go with me and I show them more than they could imagine.

dizneefreak29 said:
He felt that anyone "at my age" (I'm 31) who likes Disney that much can't be mature enough for a relationship. Anyone else get this??

OK...that's just plain wrong. Enjoying the "magic" surrounding Disney does not equate to someone not being able to have a mature relationship. Not much logic there to follow now, is there?

I'll even admit to running through the sprinklers when I water the grass...wonder how immature that makes me...

SpaceMonkey...we're neighbors! Hi There!

I am going to just say that the aquarium is full. I am 38, I have never been to WDW and I am going for the first time it 28 days. My DW :love: is 28 and has been to WDW x5. I found her/She found me late in life (at least in mine) and she was well worth waiting. If you love disney, you love it for a reason. My DW and I don't share all the same interest, but we delight in the adventure of learning each others motivations. Your soulmate :love2: is out there, never give up or settle. You'll know when you meet them. :wizard:

I'm 35 and single, and I bought DVC in 2002. I don't regret it one bit.

I've traveled solo to WDW quite a bit, but I've also managed to travel with
friends. Either way, it's all good. :banana:

Would I want to date someone who enjoys Disney as much as me?
Absolutely! Do I care if I don't find anyone who does? Not really.
I'll still have WDW. :teeth:

And if the guy likes the Adventurers Club, all the better. :banana:

Well golly Rosie, you wouldn't happen to be heading to the world early September would ya? :rolleyes1

Love Disney, love the Adv. Club, DVC member...though I'm low on points currently!

As for Disney and maturity...I would wonder if it's just the opposite. Adult and Disney tells me here's someone who enjoys letting go and being a kid, having fun and enjoys and believes there still some magic in the world. And isn't ashamed to admit it! Kinda seems like someone in touch to me.

Alacrity said:
Well golly Rosie, you wouldn't happen to be heading to the world early September would ya? :rolleyes1

Love Disney, love the Adv. Club, DVC member...though I'm low on points currently!

As for Disney and maturity...I would wonder if it's just the opposite. Adult and Disney tells me here's someone who enjoys letting go and being a kid, having fun and enjoys and believes there still some magic in the world. And isn't ashamed to admit it! Kinda seems like someone in touch to me.

LOL! Nope, just the Food and Wine Festival in October. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter