Silver Lake Resort...

Suzyq9241

DIS Veteran
First off... WOW...

When dh and I walked into the resort lobby... We were surprised... walked right up to the counter and checked in 5 minutes total... Was put into 9103 but asked for a higher room... and :banana: was given 9403 top floor.. were able to see fireworks every night :banana: the staff at Silver Lake were very friendly and nice Anyway... we had a one bedroom unit... washer and dryer the works... the grounds at Silver Lake what can I say... beatiful...the pool both pools were great... the main pool was the greatest ....no slide but very big... there is an island in the middle of it.. the pool bar had good food... 675 for chicken fingers (no fries) thats the only thing that I wasnt too happy about.. the food prices were very high.... good specials though.... the hot tub... be very careful... hot hot hot.... no place to eat on site there but plenty of places close by... Oh and by the way we took the tour and hubby bought into RCI....

I dont know if I should be happy or not...

Silver Lake is about 2 minutes from 'Disney Roads'. About 5 minutes to AK. It's right off of Sherbeth Road, basically head towards the AK lodge, and take the LEFT before you get to AK lodge grounds. That road takes you to the back entrance of Silver Lake, a gated area. It's also right next to another Disney area, looks like their gym, daycare?

Thanks for the review ... we are thinking about Silver Lakes in the fall. Do you know if you booked Silver Lakes or Silver Lakes Points with RCI? From what I understand, they are the same resort but different rooms. It sounds like you were in one of the newer rooms. THanks a lot!

Can you tell me if I will need to buy any supplies like dish washing detergent, saran wrap etc....?

Do they have towels at the pool?

Thanks in advance!

The pool towels you get at the activity building (you walk out back by the pool and you go to the left... right in between 2 trees there is a door go through those doors and the towel place is there) sign out as many as you think for the week... you have them the whole time that you are there but you have to sign them back in...before you leave...

Yes you do have to buy stuff for the condo....

We have found that walmart is the cheapest place to shop money wise for food...

Did Silver Lakes give you any comps (park tickets etc) for taking the tour? I know you bought in, but was it high pressure? TIA Grammy

no pressure at all....and no tickets ...but they were offered to us and we turned them down....They are pretty good...

We'll be at Silver Lake later this month.

Which building(s) could you see fireworks from? I assume you were in 900, but are there others do you think?

How up to date was the room?

Is there a lot of construction at the resort?

Specifically, What tickets did they offer for touring? I still need to cover a few people in the party for one of our park days.

Is walking to all the pools a problem? At some resorts, we've had to drive to the pools.

Which restaurants were closest to the resort...and which would you recommend?

TIA!:goodvibes

We'll be at Silver Lake later this month.

Which building(s) could you see fireworks from?

I assume you were in 900, but are there others do you think? 9403

How up to date was the room?

They are up to date... building 900 ask for that building... but ask for top floor....

Is there a lot of construction at the resort?
no not at all down the road by orange lake ... they are building a super target

Specifically, What tickets did they offer for touring?

They offered a couple but i believe they were for the dinner shows... I think...

I still need to cover a few people in the party for one of our park days.

Is walking to all the pools a problem?

no not at all... you will have no problem at all walking to a pool.... You also have to get towels from the Activity room area... (go out the back to the main pool... look to your left.. in between 2 trees you'll see a door go in there and you will have to sign them out ... but keep them for the time you are there... you can wash them in the condo...and return them before you leave the resort... we were able to get 6 towels - 3 for hubby and 3 for me....

At some resorts, we've had to drive to the pools.

Which restaurants were closest to the resort...and which would you recommend?

My dh and I liked Colorado Beef... We cooked alot at the condo... We also like Cracker Barrel.... Key W Kools is good... Oh and Carbbannas is there as well... They have drink specials for early dinners... check into it...

WE LOVE SILVER LAKE:lovestruc

Thank you for all the info. We're looking forward to our stay.

Hi. We are staying in a 2 bdrm. in 3 1/2 weeks. We did our research on tripadvisor and it looks really nice.

Question ~ what time did you check in? Did you go early to request a better room? If I ask them for a top floor, to see fireworks, do you think they will know which one that might be?

Also, did you have to put down a deposit on the room for security? I don't see it listed on my voucher...

Thanks!

We stayed there last october and we were very happy with everything. This place is much nicer than the pictures they show on there website.

I did forget to mention that they are very strict with the 4:00 check in. I think there is very little hope for getting in any earlier, several of my family members have tried on different occasions.

This place sounds great...just wondering what is the best way to book with them to get the cheapest rate?

We're considering Silver Lake Resort and on skyauction.com they have 1 and 2 bed condos available most months for a start bid of $1 plus $295 in taxes/fees so $296 for a week which I think is pretty good! I've seen lots of bids go for only $1 so a very affordable rental I think for a nice resort.

We are owners at this resort and love it there. Never had any problems. The first time we went we got our room off a guy selling them on ebay. Only catch is we had to go to the timeshare presentation, hence we are now owners! Only do this if you have no problem saying no! HA! It saved us quite a bit though for the week compared to like 700+ at a hotel for the week, we only spent 200 and a few hours of our time! Depending on how many are going, the one bedroom was cramped for two aduts and two kids though manageable! And we always check in late so not sure about the check-in stuff! :)

We stayed here in December in a 2 bed and there was 4 adults, we loved the place and will definitely be going there again. The pool was great and we used it every evening after the parks.

We booked through sky auctions when they had an offer on last year so ended up paying $180 for the week! bargain!!!

Can someone tell me about Skyauction. I need Skyauction 101. I know nothing about Priceline, but I did get a hotel off of Hotwire once and that worked out okay. TIA.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter