• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Siesta Key Village or where FL?

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
I’m looking for a resort right on the beach in FL. I’d like it to also be within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

Is Siesta Key Village good? It seems like there aren’t any resorts but motel type. Is this true?

I’d love other ideas. Not Clearwater as we have been there several times.

Thank you

I love Siesta Key and have stayed there twice in the last five years. You are right, though, that there are no resorts. Each time I have rented a condo (Siesta Dunes and Royal Palm) right on the beach. I have rented a car, but there is also a free little trolley that picks up people on the main road (Midnight Pass) and takes them to the restaurarants, bars, shops, and grocery stores that are in the Village. It is a lovely little island but very close to Sarasota ( a few minutes drive) where there are many other places to go and things to do).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter