"Shrinking" to meet Tink?

BamaFan121s

DIS Veteran
Someone mentioned in another thread that they "shrink you" so that you can meet Tink. I'd been wondering how they were going to swing letting you meet a fairy. Could someone spoil it for me and give me the details?

Someone mentioned in another thread that they "shrink you" so that you can meet Tink. I'd been wondering how they were going to swing letting you meet a fairy. Could someone spoil it for me and give me the details?
As you are walking down the tunnel to meet Tink and the fairies, the paintings of the flowers, butterflies, trees get bigger and bigger, thereby making you seem smaller and smaller.

We went with another couple and their son was terified of the shrinking btw. He did not want to be shrunk!!!! LOL.

I was actually a bit disappointed in this... I had my kids all pumped up for the "shrinking" effect and the CMs who led us through didn't even mention it... and it's not obvious unless you know it or it's mentioned, IMO.

What I did find neat about the hallway was how they had the light effects that looked like pixie dust flying.

I was actually a bit disappointed in this... I had my kids all pumped up for the "shrinking" effect and the CMs who led us through didn't even mention it... and it's not obvious unless you know it or it's mentioned, IMO.

What I did find neat about the hallway was how they had the light effects that looked like pixie dust flying.

I didn't feel like I was "shrinking" when going down the hallway. :confused3

My son loved watching for the "fairies" flying overhead. He would get so excited when he spotted one!
;)

I totally agree with PP. It's really not obvious at all that you are shrinking in any way, but the faeries flying around is cute.

Hence my disappointment... I mean, don't get me wrong I'm not complaining. But I do feel they could play that up more to enhance the experience.

Here was our experience - it took so long standing in the slowly moving line that we got tired of looking at the murals on the wall and the other folks in line... The murals depict larger and larger flowers. Its hard to think you are 'shrinking' as you progress along the hall because it takes you so very long. Concept might work better if the lines were much shorter (like that is going to happen!)

The backdrop where you do actually meet the fairies was nice and it shows up nicely in the photos. The fairies were beautifully dressed and they were all so nice to meet with. But no real feelings of anyone shrinking in the experience.

Some CM's play it up more than others, unfortunately. Also, if you ever see a photopass photographer in the hallway, they can do "fairy wing" pictures. It's pretty cool...a fun little trick. :goodvibes

If you go at a really busy time, you'll get old and lose an inch or two.;)

How busy was meeting Tink for everyone? Does anyone know when this opens in teh morning?
When I went to January and the parks were relatively empty, I was at Toon Town for rope drop-is scheduled for 10:00am but I had heard it was more like 9:45 and we waited for 45 minutes.

We went back another night-we saw the doors close behind us and waited about 30 minutes. You'll have to check the schedule to see when they close-we were out for the fireworks.

We went on March 6, 2009 at around 10:30, about a half hour after the fairy meet and greet opened. It was in ToonTown Tent. We were so excited when we got there, because I heard it could be a long wait and when we go there we were standing in line inside the tent, about 10 people from the entrance to where we thought the fairies were. HUGE misunderstanding on our part...where we were was about an HOUR WAIT from the fairies. You are led very slowly down a path until you reach the end of a rope...there, they ask you how many there are in your party. We were let in (2 adults, 1 child) with a family of five (2 adults, 3 children) in front of us. THIS was the reason for the wait, as they only allow a small group in at a time and completely take their time and do not rush you....

Once beyond the rope we were led into a well lit hallway with beautiful paintings of trees and a forest, with a lit path along the top of the walls where the fairies supposedly flew. The paintings of trees/forest become larger in perspective the further you walk down the hall, therefore making you feel smaller. This is NOT scary - the CMs make barely any mention of it and it is again well lit so you don't even notice the changes in perspective unless you are looking at the walls. You are then led into a separate room where the fairies are. You get to take pictures and get autographs without a line of impatient parents/children right behind you.

The only drawback - there are at any time only three fairies present, and it could be any of them. When we were waiting in line, we were told that Tink was in there, but they weren't sure for how long. This is the whole reason we stood in line. Our daughter was 9 and only knew of Tink, never knew the other fairies because she was beyond this when they all came out. We wanted to get Tink's autograph because they did not do this the first time we came and she was really hard to find (when our daughter was 6). We were really glad she was still there when we went in.

Other posters may have more to say about this - whether Tink is always there or not - but we would have found the wait to be completely worthless had she not been there (even though she was, we were still fairly bummed to have to wait for a whole hour for this, not knowing it would take that long when we first got in line, and even after - nearly half way through a CM told us it was only about 15 minutes from a certain point when it was really about 45 minutes from that point). It is really a huge time investment. You may want to seriously consider this before devoting that much time to getting just a couple autographs, unless you or your children are really into the fairies, in which case it may totally be worth it. FYI, the wait at Epcot for Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy was about half this amount of time, and we definitely got more bang for our buck. But again, we weren't really fairy-focused.

But...if you are...this is a pretty cool meet and greet and I wouldn't miss it!

I was told that it's pretty much always Tink & 2 of the fairies. The other 2 are unpredictable, but Tink is a staple. It took us about an hour to get through the line, with the sign saying wait time was about 45 minutes. We went through the Princess line, also saying it was 45 minutes, but we were in & out in less than 20. I guess with the Fairies spot being relatively new, it's quite popular! So it took us an hour to meet Tink & a brand-new Limited Edition Stitch pin that fell off my lanyard in that line. :confused3;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter