*Show Me Your Best Polynesian Photo Session Portrait**

rao363

Mouseketeer
My family and I are having a photo session at the Polynesian next week (with a non-disney photographer. Their prices are insane :scared1: ) I have seen some really great photos that have the castle clear as day(and close) in the background, but I am unsure as to where at the Polynesian the photo was taken. If you could share some, that would be great! Also, please include an idea location as to where the picture was taken at.:tink:

never seem able to upload photos onto here but if this helps we had a photo session last year at Poly and about half were taken inside next to the planted area downstairs near the water feature. The other half were taken 'in front of' the castle. When you go outside to the Poly beach and turn right (away from Spirit of Aloha venue) you go up on some grass. Only problem was we got there the same time as a wedding was being photographed and quite rightly they took priority. Would have been more miffed if I had been paying current rates and not the $100 I paid last year.

We got them taken by Disney in 2009 when you go out of the poly like you are going to the pool turn right and walk up the path (the beach is on the left) and there is a hammock there too....you walk out there (he had us on grass still ) and the castle was in the background---not clear as day...but good.

The ones in my siggie are all from the Poly session last year. I will post some more for you when I get in from work but if you don't see me online, you may need to PM me to remind me :rolleyes1 We only just got back and I came right back to work ... reality with a bump!! :rotfl2:

I have also posted some pics on the Photo Session thread from our recent photo session at the GF :goodvibes

We got them taken by Disney in 2009 when you go out of the poly like you are going to the pool turn right and walk up the path (the beach is on the left) and there is a hammock there too....you walk out there (he had us on grass still ) and the castle was in the background---not clear as day...but good.

That is a lovely location. The only thing that spoilt it was the crane at the castle - which is still there while they continue to put up the xmas lights. They take it down in the late afternoon/early evening so depending what time you booked your session, you may get to escape it

Castle in the background:
DSC_0056.jpg

The hammock referred to in an earlier post:
DSC_0041.jpg

But I think my favorite ones were the ones with the waterall and foliage in the background:
DSC_0003.jpg

Some of ours from our session at the Poly a year ago... (most of our pics around the beach/wedding area, but some were inside and throughout the resort. Our photographer was excellent - in 20 minutes she made 129 shots!) We had the crane issue, as well.

(sorry so large! Didn't get a chance to resize them...)

With the castle in back:
DSC_0074.jpg

My son in the hammock (one of my faves):

DSC_0071.jpg

On the grounds:
DSC_0125.jpg

Parents near the entrance waterfall:

DSC_0054.jpg

Parents at the wedding spot:

DSC_0104.jpg

Son and I near entrance waterfall:

DSC_0036.jpg

Wow, Amy those are beautiful! I love the striking effect of the orange too. I would never have thought of a bold color but it works so well! :thumbsup2

Wow, Amy those are beautiful! I love the striking effect of the orange too. I would never have thought of a bold color but it works so well! :thumbsup2

Thanks - we were extremely pleased with them! And although the prices have changed, we'll probably do it again the next time we go back.

Thanks - we were extremely pleased with them! And although the prices have changed, we'll probably do it again the next time we go back.

I have the same view on it. I was gutted when I dithered about calling to book for this year and two days later found the price had just gone up .... but when I looked at the Poly photos from last year and asked myself: Are these worth $150? There was no hesitation: YES! So we did it again at the GF and even at the new price, I have no regrets at all! I hope you post your new pics if you do another one. Yours came out so beautifully :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter