Show me the deals!!

pittsburghmom

Mouseketeer
I am playing around with the idea of spending Thanksgiving week in Orlando. Family of 5: 2 adults & 3 children. No parks, just resort & pool time and exploring the area. Looking for a great deal on a resort that has a fab pool complex. Waterslides and lazy river would be an awesome bonus. A full kitchen would be a must, as this would be a budget trip and we would be preparing most of our meals. I have been checking out SkyAuction, but not sure if that would be the way to go or not. After taxes, surcharges for our dates, I'm not sure if that is the way to go.

Any suggestions where to start looking for deals? Some of the resorts that are popping up on SkyAuction for Thanksgiving week are the following:

Sheraton Vistana: $625 bid + $625 surcharge
Star Island: $1 bid + $575 surcharge
Fantasy World: $325 bid + $200 surcharge
Westgate Villas: $1 bid + $1025 surcharge
Silver Lake: $1 bid + $75 surcharge + 299 taxes/fees
Summer Bay: $1 bid + $299 taxes
Wyndham Cypress Palms $1 bid + $200 surcharge + $299 taxes/fees

Also open to a hotel with a kitchen too!

Spam me with suggestions!!

Thanks!!!

Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest in Orlando. That makes "fantastic deals" pretty rare.

You have some pretty good resorts on the list already, but as you see, the surcharges are pretty high for that week, and the availability will disappear pretty quick. IMO grab a nice spot quick before the good ones are all gone. Silver Lake is a nice resort for the prices you are showing.

Silver Lake is great, but the pool isn't super fancy - you might want to look elsewhere if that's really important. But they do have full kitchens and a really great location. I always book there through Orbitz since it's coupon eligible :)

I’m guessing it will be a lil cheaper than Sheraton Vistana. It’s a no obligation quote. It can’t hurt to try. They also have a really good cancelation policy. We always plan a couple of days just for resort activities. Pool, lazy rivers, mini golf, movies, dance parties etc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter