• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should we switch rooms... Help!?

luxlvr

Mouseketeer
Have room 12510 on the Dream... room 12000 just became available. Is it worth it? This room looks interesting, sandwiched in there.

TIA

For a 4 night cruise that's an additional $300 per night you're paying. Will be being Concierge be worth it to you for that cost? For me, not so much. For a thousand bucks I can do more cruises, or book more costly excursions.

For a 4 night cruise that's an additional $300 per night you're paying. Will be being Concierge be worth it to you for that cost? For me, not so much. For a thousand bucks I can do more cruises, or book more costly excursions.

We already are Cat V in 12510, so it's not doing anything except giving us a little more space. I'm on the fence and and leaning towards booking another cruise with that extra $$ :) Thanks @PrincessShmoo !!

Isn't 12000 also a V? I'm guessing that you really don't have to pay an increase but the price difference you're seeing is to book that room now. I'd think you could call DCL and switch rooms for free.

We had 12000 on the fantasy in May. It was a really cool room and we loved but we like being able to look down and see the water. The huge verandah was a amazing. It's a cool room to have but not a room we need to do again.

I just checked. 12000 is a T. So the price difference is from a V to a T.

Do you want a one bedroom? Is it worth the cost when you're already CL? My DH and I travel alone in our room and I refuse to pay the upgrade to a T.

You have to choose if a suite double the space of a V is worth it to you. You gain a second bathroom, a jaccuzi tub in the master bath, in suite dining since you have a dining room table, a huge verandah and 12000 has the seam where the 2 sides of the ship were welded together. If you paid more than $1200 for your Cat V, the upgrade to the Cat T is a bargain.

It would not interest me, but on our last Dream concierge cruise we met a couple who had decided they will never cruise DCL again unless they have THAT room. They absolutely loved it.

I have stayed in cabin 12000 on the Dream. I absolutely adored this cabin. This is by far, in my opinion, a superior cabin to the other Cat T cabins. The verandah is huge, as in we had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs, a table on it and my daughter had plenty of room to turn cartwheels around us to express her excitement when she first step out on the verandah. I also love the fact that part of the verandah is covered and part open giving you the option of shade or sun. The layout in a Cat T is very nice and almost twice the size of a Cat V, but only you can decide if it's worth the extra cost to you. Personally, if I had the funds available to me and I was traveling with our children I would book the Cat T over the Cat V for the privacy of being able to close off the bedroom from the children and the fact that it has two full bathrooms. If it was just my husband and I cruising I would probably stay in the Cat V and use the difference to book another cruise...If you're going with a Cat T, and are able to get cabin 12000, book it you won't regret it. It's an awesome cabin!

For that price I could do a few days at WDW or Universal. Upgrading for $1,200 for only four nights would not interest me, concierge or not. I might consider it for a 10-night cruise or longer, otherwise it increases the per day total by too much to make it feasible.

We stayed in 12000 on our Dream cruise in March and have that room in September as well. We loved it so much - it is unique being on the front of the ship. DH and I had dinner on the balcony every night. We do the Dream as adult getaways; in November we are doing the Fantasy and tried to get 12000 but it was reserved by the folks in the Royals. I was very pleased with 12000.

It seems to me that a Dream cruise would be too short to fully enjoy and appreciate the room, especially if you are busy doing activities with the kids throughout the day. You're already concierge & get those perks- I'd leave it at that.

It seems to me that a Dream cruise would be too short to fully enjoy and appreciate the room, especially if you are busy doing activities with the kids throughout the day. You're already concierge & get those perks- I'd leave it at that.

That's how I feel. (but it's also how I've started to feel about concierge...it keeps me in the lounge instead of enjoying the whole ship, and then the fare seems like a waste)

But everything is so individual. The couple I met...the husband had insomnia, so he barely slept, and he spent a LOT of time on the balcony just enjoying it and napping on it in the middle of the night. So in a way he got more use out of the room, since he was awake so many hours.

Do it!!!

Awesome room and the extra space is amazing

you are asking because you already sold yourself on it. You dont want to be disappointed do you?:sail:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter