Should we do Tony's Town Square?

Shell76

Mouseketeer
Thinking about making this one of only 2 "sit down" meals during our long weekend. Is it a good place to do lunch?

We always enjoy it. It doesn't get the best reviews on these boards, but with a picky child who mostly eats pizza, it's where we know he'll eat. We've had the veal shank, veal parm, and other meals and have found them to be great. I love the pesto dipping sauce served with the bread, and have always found the service to be excellent.

The food is not bad, but IMHO it is overpriced. Still, it is familiar food to most of us who love Italian food (nothing too over-the-top) and kids seem to enjoy it.

I went there for lunch

it was ok...nothing special, but not horrible. My son enjoyed the pizza and I had a panini sandwich

I know I'm in the minority on this one, but my DH and I eat there every time. After a hot, hot day in the parks, it's always a welcome, air-conditioned respite. We devour the bread with dipping sauce (!), and last time, when my DH told the waitress that his favorite Italian dish wasn't on the menu, she excused herself, went to the kitchen, came back out and said that the chef would gladly make it for him. Now that's service!

It's a great atmosphere, but I gotta tell you, the food may be the worst at WDW!!!!!

I would say the prices are right on par with the rest of the WDW restaurants and the food was great when we ate there last August. Since then I've been noticing some negative reviews though. :confused3

We tend to eat our big meal of the day for lunch. The prices are lower and most of the time the portion size is the same!

If I were only doing two sitdown meals during my trip, I'd have to say this wouldn't be my choice. For Italian, I'd go for Alfredo's, Mama Melrose or Palio. For a good sitdown in MK, any place would serve better food--the Castle, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, or Plaza Restaurant. The Plaza is good if you are looking for something a little more informal than the others. We ate there on our last trip and were very pleased with the atmosphere, food and service. The menu is not real extensive, but it's still good--save room for dessert.

For something a little more special, you could take the monorail over to the Poly and eat at the Kona Cafe.

I have found Tony's to be the absolute WORST food in Disney World! To us it is absolutly not edible.

I have even had servers apologize to me in advance of my food coming out because it is so bad there!

Skip Tony's & try somwhere, ANYWHERE else!

I hate to be negative but...I ate at Tony's, Alfredo's and Mama Melrose in July I would only recommend Mama Melrose's. I had never been to Tony's but found it to be over priced and almost fast foodish. Alfredo's has always been a favorite but the standards have dropped. I went with friends who had never been there...I recommended Alfredo's and was sorry I did. Mama Melrose, we did the fantasmic package, a rainy night, we weren't rushed it was a true Disney experience...food was much better than the other Italian restaurants.

I never ate at Tonys and from the reviews I never would, I ate at Mama Melrose and thought it was absolutly horrible, the only ediable thing was the salad because you really cant screw that up.

Believe it or not we liked Tony's. We love Italian Food, good Italian food...and we did not find this bad at all. It is good, in fact one o0f our favaorite Italian places in South Jersey has the stuffed eggplant, and I liked Tony's better.

I have to be honest, we went in dreading it, since we basically live on Southern Italian food due to all the great restaurants in our area and the Philadelphia area, and we really fond this to be a decent meal and we are considering going back our next trip. My DH has yet to set foot in an Olive Garden though because he will not do themed Italian Food, and ebven he enjoyed his dish.

I say go for it.

Thanks everyone for your input. JLB, are you anywhere near Atlantic City? DH and I live about 15 minutes away from there!

Shell76 said:
Thinking about making this one of only 2 "sit down" meals during our long weekend. Is it a good place to do lunch?

NO, don't do it!!!!! :earseek: Yuck is the word I'd use too!

Tony's is hands down the worst italian restaurant we have ever been to anywhere. Crunchy spaghetti and meatballs are just plain wrong!!! On top of the lousy food, was equally lousy service. Never again.

You have been warned. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter