Should my group get dropped off at the International Gateway tommorrow

R5Jedi

Carrying the Banner
So, I have a group of 12 doing Epcot tomorrow, of which I am the only one who knows anything (multiple of them thought Epcot was Universal Studios until yesterday). I'm thinking maybe we should have our Uber drop us off at Boardwalk tomorrow morning so we can do Remy without a 3 hour wait... But also, I don't know if that will be more trouble than it's worth. Thoughts?

Where are you all staying? Would you take an Uber anyway? I think that rope dropping Remy is a good idea and then maybe heading over to Frozen. Tomorrow will be CRAZY busy so you're going to want to do as much as you can right at rope drop. I would drop off at Beach Club instead of Boardwalk. It's closer to the International Gate.

Be aware that the parking guards at near-park Disney resorts such as BW and BC (and CR for the MK) may not let even an Uber enter in the morning near park opening time. To avoid the worry of “will they or won’t they” let us in, I’d Uber to the Swan, where there isn’t a gate guard. Get dropped off at the lobby, walk straight through and out the back, and take your choice of walking or taking the Friendship boat to Epcot from there.

Have you consider using Genie+? Asking because it might be worth it with the crowds. I’d still rope drop though even if I was using it.

I’ve entered at IG when staying at Yacht Club. We were in the middle of the IG crowd. By the time we got in, we were mixing in with the first wave of guests from the front of the park. By the time you get from Swan/Dolphin, you’ll be walking just as far as if you came from the main Epcot entrance. I’d say just get to the main entrance very early & you’ll be fine.

I’ve entered at IG when staying at Yacht Club. We were in the middle of the IG crowd. By the time we got in, we were mixing in with the first wave of guests from the front of the park. By the time you get from Swan/Dolphin, you’ll be walking just as far as if you came from the main Epcot entrance. I’d say just get to the main entrance very early & you’ll be fine.
For Remy? Hard to believe, they would have to be letting front gate guests in earlier for them to get to Remy before rope droppers at the IG. This has not been our experience...

For Remy? Hard to believe, they would have to be letting front gate guests in earlier for them to get to Remy before rope droppers at the IG. This has not been our experience...

As I said, I was in the middle of IG crowd & merged with the front of the main gate crowd. There are very few tap points at IG, they can get slowed down easily. Doesn’t matter much anyway, if the OP is offsite & going today, I’m sure the line was already filled with onsite guests who arrived for early entry.

I would be at the IG 45min before park opening or early entry, if you are eligible, so I would be at the front of the pack. You will be held at the first bridge and then again after the bridge as the crowds fill in. They will definitely let you in before park opening and then hold you.

So, I have a group of 12 doing Epcot tomorrow, of which I am the only one who knows anything (multiple of them thought Epcot was Universal Studios until yesterday). I'm thinking maybe we should have our Uber drop us off at Boardwalk tomorrow morning so we can do Remy without a 3 hour wait... But also, I don't know if that will be more trouble than it's worth. Thoughts?
So, what did y'all do?

Agree. If you’re coming from IG and merging with front park crowds you were waaay too late to IG… I know OP is done but for anyone stumbling on this in the future they start processing people into the park before EE (I’ve seen up to 30 mins before) and staging them inside just like up front, sometimes Remy will even be running before EE starts so the staging lines can already be in the ride so it won’t be apparent to anyone entering the park at EE time itself.

With a group that large, a bigger issue will be that everyone will probably not all want to do same rides/shows/etc. That many people will be arriving in multiple vehicles and likely at different time. A better plan would be to discuss your interests ahead of item and split up into smaller, more manageable size groups. If you don't. you will end up following the person who has the lead doing what they like to do. I think that is a sure way to end up with everyone disappointed about their time @ Disney.

Agree. If you’re coming from IG and merging with front park crowds you were waaay too late to IG…

Nope, we weren’t too late. We were in the middle of the IG crowd. We walked thru the Remy line without stopping until just before the loading room, after collecting our glasses. I don’t consider that bad positioning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter