Should I panic - going to parks on non-recommended days......

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi

Josh just released his crowd calendar for February. I'm 30 days out from my trip. Dining and FPs have been booked! I am going to Epcot on a Saturday, which is apparently a bad idea. We'll be there for RD and hit future world, we have a breakfast at 11 and then FPs in the afternoon and want to see Anna and Elsa. My touring plans itinerary says we'll be ok, but I wasn't expecting a level 6 crowd and a "do not go to that park" recommendation. The same is true for our day at MK Sunday (we have 2 other days there though) and our HS day on the Monday.

I have a plan, have FPs booked and have little kids, so we aren't hitting a lot of the headliners, or we have FP if we want to.

Did I totally mess up the plan? Now I'm worried we won't be able to get anything done!

Don't worry. To be honest if you weren't reading touring plans or crowd calenders you would have no clue if the day is a 6 or 7 or if it is recommended or not. Stick with your schedule and try to purge your mind of what you saw because you will only focus on that and thus look for things to be upset about that day. You will be fine. I've never once used a touring plan or crowd calendar to plan and have left every trip doing exactly what I wanted to that includes trips with kids and trips without.

The question is WHY is it the non-recommended park. Is it just because it's the EMH day, and if so, can you use the EMH? If that's all it is, then I wouldn't worry about it. Well, actually, I probably wouldn't worry about it at all. It sounds like you have a good plan.

Thanks everyone. I feel better already :)

No, it's not an EMH day. I avoided those since I can't use them. I think it's because Epcot is on the weekend and HS is seeing longer waits on Mondays, which wasn't the case six months ago when I made the plans.

I will just relax and enjoy :)

Nope .. I think the past year has shown these crowd calendars are just "best guesses" anyway.

No one really knows how crowded a park is going to be except for Disney itself by looking at tickets sold, fast pass reservations and dining reservations. And even then .. people can change their mind/plans or weather can change things.

We go in the summer and consider a 6 a lower crowd . I dont think with all the changes going on at Disney that either crowd calendar can predict the crowds. A 6 is not that bad. I have had easywdw not recommmend Saturdays and recommends Wednesdays for MK except when Wednesdays became evening EMH . We usually go on Saturday and Wednesday and the past few years Saturdays have been lower crowds.

no worries, rope drop and FPs will counter any heavy crowd effects.. especially at Epcot.. its SO ROOMY there.. vs MK where it can get bottled up at times..

We once did an entire vacation strictly following crowd calendars and it was the worst crowd experience we've had. The following year (same week) I used my own way of planning and we had hardly any lines for the majority of the week. I never use crowd calendars now.

Don't worry. To be honest if you weren't reading touring plans or crowd calenders you would have no clue if the day is a 6 or 7 or if it is recommended or not. Stick with your schedule and try to purge your mind of what you saw because you will only focus on that and thus look for things to be upset about that day. You will be fine. I've never once used a touring plan or crowd calendar to plan and have left every trip doing exactly what I wanted to that includes trips with kids and trips without.

I couldn't agree with this more. I was totally ignorant to what a crowd calendar was before I started reading this board, I didn't even know they existed. Now that I'm aware, out of curiosity I've looked at a few "predictions" on days and found it to be about as accurate as a coin flip. Go to the park you want to go to on the day you want and enjoy.

I couldn't agree with this more. I was totally ignorant to what a crowd calendar was before I started reading this board, I didn't even know they existed. Now that I'm aware, out of curiosity I've looked at a few "predictions" on days and found it to be about as accurate as a coin flip. Go to the park you want to go to on the day you want and enjoy.

Yep, me too. I wouldn't know a 6 day from a 2 day from a 10 day, I go, I enjoy. I have park hoppers and if it's too crowded for my pleasure, I hop on over to another park (still not knowing if that park is recommended or not). But then again I don't book ADRS in advance just day of and rarely book FPs more than a day or two in advance so what do I know.

I've never looked at a crowd calendar for any of my trips... I might be in the minority but I don't plan around those. And it always ends up just fine.

You are doomed. Alright it just means a little less time in the fake countries.

I have to admit that today I switched Epcot and HS around to avoid HS on Monday. Surprised that FP were all still available. Then I promptly ignored Josh and foolishly kept our 2nd MK day for Fri the 17th for our last day.

I think I had read that a plan/RD are 4 times more important than picking the park.

Last edited:
Hi

Josh just released his crowd calendar for February. I'm 30 days out from my trip. Dining and FPs have been booked! I am going to Epcot on a Saturday, which is apparently a bad idea. We'll be there for RD and hit future world, we have a breakfast at 11 and then FPs in the afternoon and want to see Anna and Elsa. My touring plans itinerary says we'll be ok, but I wasn't expecting a level 6 crowd and a "do not go to that park" recommendation. The same is true for our day at MK Sunday (we have 2 other days there though) and our HS day on the Monday.

I have a plan, have FPs booked and have little kids, so we aren't hitting a lot of the headliners, or we have FP if we want to.

Did I totally mess up the plan? Now I'm worried we won't be able to get anything done!

So glad you asked this - I have the exact same situation! I haven't had time to read his reasoning of why certain parks aren't recommended, but I'll do that tonight. HS has to stay on Monday b/c that is DS's Birthday, but I may switch my Sat and Sun plans.

Nope .. I think the past year has shown these crowd calendars are just "best guesses" anyway.

No one really knows how crowded a park is going to be except for Disney itself by looking at tickets sold, fast pass reservations and dining reservations. And even then .. people can change their mind/plans or weather can change things.

Yes, even Disney has been way off on some of their daily projections over last year.

Go and enjoy, op, and don't worry.

Thanks. I won't worry!! I tried switching Epcot to Monday and HS to Monday but none of our dining is available then. And I'm sure I can't switch FEA. So I'll leave it and see how it goes. If we can't fit everything in the kids won't know!! I'm more worried about Epcot. HS is a short day anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter