Should I Get A Button?

allbecca

Earning My Ears
So I'm visiting WDW for the first time in ~11 years. I was little when we went, and don't really remember it. Does this qualify as a "first visit"?

My oldest son went for his first birthday and didn't remember it 8 years later. We got the younger two "First Visit" buttons but the CM insisted that the oldest get one too since he didn't remember. Go for it! It's whatever you want to call it!

So I'm visiting WDW for the first time in ~11 years. I was little when we went, and don't really remember it. Does this qualify as a "first visit"?

Yes! Get a first visit button! Get a birthday button too! You might get a cupcake at dinner. You never know! But button or not.... Have a great time!

I wouldn't. I might get a button to celebrate something else (even if it's not my birthday, but a birthday is the reason for the trip- for instance); but if I've visited before, and I have memory of it- then no, it isn't a first visit.

But I don't think Disney cares, so if you want a button, get one.

If you were talking to a button-holding CM and you said "this is great, it's my first time as an adult, and I don't even remember my very first trip", if they are paying any attention at all, they will then hand you a button.

We were once given a button when the CM asked us if it was our first time, and we said "no, but it's our first day of this trip".

They hand them out like candy. They don't care if there's a back story. Is it your first time in memory? Does it feel like your first trip? Then do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter