Short and cheap trip - Celebration Suites at Old Town

limpy

Mouseketeer
Ok, I know this isn't the best place to stay but I realized that I had some travel points expiring soon and was able to find three free nights at the Celebration Suites over Memorial Day weekend. I was also able to snag free flights with points, and with my youngest still free at Disney (turning 3 in June), I just jumped into booking feet first.

Anyone have any recent experience with this hotel? The only thing we have to pay for is tickets/activities and food for 2 full days and two half days.

At this point, I'm not planning to rent a car, we can taxi from/to airport, shuttle to WDW, walk to Old Town, and get grocery delivery. Any suggestions?

I would not stay there it is really run down looking and old town isn't as safe as it used to be anymore .There is a Publix in Celebration you could walk to it but it would take about 15 minutes to get there .(not sure if anyone deliveries groceries to the celebration suites but you can check with the hotel I might be wrong) (The 56 lynx bus goes to magic and is 2 a person each way or $4.50 for a day pass per person it goes to the transportation and ticket center(magics parking lot ) and there is a monorail that goes to epcot there or one that goes from magics parking lot to magic or you can take one to a resort and use the buses to get to the other parks )There is a couple of restaurants across the street from the hotel and a few kind of pricey flea markets next to the fun spot

Last edited:
Ok, I know this isn't the best place to stay but I realized that I had some travel points expiring soon and was able to find three free nights at the Celebration Suites over Memorial Day weekend. I was also able to snag free flights with points, and with my youngest still free at Disney (turning 3 in June), I just jumped into booking feet first.

Anyone have any recent experience with this hotel? The only thing we have to pay for is tickets/activities and food for 2 full days and two half days.

At this point, I'm not planning to rent a car, we can taxi from/to airport, shuttle to WDW, walk to Old Town, and get grocery delivery. Any suggestions?

I wouldn't stay there. I've read many reviews that describe the atmosphere there which just screams "let's take advantage of the tourists".

Last edited:
I appreciate the words of warning, but the room is already booked. I booked it because I want to use up my points before they expire, not really for budgetary reasons per se. I suppose I could cancel it altogether - I wouldn't be out any money and I probably wasn't going to use the points for anything. But that would be a bit of a bummer. I had read some good reviews on Tripadvisor, but maybe I booked too soon.

I appreciate the words of warning, but the room is already booked. I booked it because I want to use up my points before they expire, not really for budgetary reasons per se. I suppose I could cancel it altogether - I wouldn't be out any money and I probably wasn't going to use the points for anything. But that would be a bit of a bummer. I had read some good reviews on Tripadvisor, but maybe I booked too soon.

I apologize if my prior response put a damper on your plans. I would definitely make the best of it and know what to look out for. Hope you have a magical trip. Report back on your experience when you come back :thumbsup2

I apologize if my prior response put a damper on your plans. I would definitely make the best of it and know what to look out for. Hope you have a magical trip. Report back on your experience when you come back :thumbsup2

I think that's what I'll do. We'll adjust our expectations accordingly and report back. I'd like to see anyone try to take advantage of this tourist ;)

My go to for any *new* hotel ~ I might try . . is to read the reviews on tripadvisor.

The places I would be okay to stay at many years ago . . are much different than today.

My travel funds were limited back then . . but the goal of having fun at DISNEY was the same.

Last edited:
It's not uncommon for locals to be living in the hotel's in that area but I don't see that anyone living in the hotel would brother you .They use the hotel as a place to live they don't want trouble from anyone .It is common to see Homeless people sleeping around the area also .I never stayed in the hotel itself but the outside looks kind of old and run down .Maybe it's better then it looks from the outside and you will get lucky .I know for awhile the motel 6 across the street had a problem with drug dealers but never heard such a thing about the celebration suites and heard other people say they liked the motel 6 so it's hard to say(there seem to be two motel 6 one near the road and one back behind it in the same drive not sure why there are two) .I would ask for a room away from the fun spot entrance if possible as I have heard you will hear traffic noise from the road that leads to it all night long .Old town is not the greatest place in the world it has its issues .I have been there at night and been harassed by a few drunk men asking for money they appeared to be homeless after I refused they seem to move on and not give me much problems .I don't stay in the hotel's in the area and the latest I have been there is about 9:30 at night.I would guess as long your not wondering around to late at night and stay in your hotel you might be ok .During the day I don't see you having much problem there .For the looks of the hotel it will probably be pretty dated so don't expect a Disney 5 star hotel .And the area is not Lake Buean vista .I personally wouldn't stay in that area but it's free and the decision is up to you.

Last edited:
My go to for any *new* hotel ~ I might try . . is to read the reviews on tripadvisor.

The places I would be okay to stay at many years ago . . are much different than today.

My travel funds were limited back then . . but the goal of having fun at DISNEY was the same.

I definitely scoured tripadvisor. It's a mixed bag on this place, some loved it, some hated it. I plan to keep expectations low for this brief a trip and request a room change if necessary.

Personally, I think you'll be just fine! It's going to be over a holiday weekend so there will be tons of other tourists around. Not sure about this particular property, but I know that some properties rent to locals weekly or monthly during the off season, but not during peak tourist season. If you do have any issues with being hassled by long term tenants report it to management right away. Relax, don't worry about it - you guys will be at Disney & will have a blast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter