• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Shocked by availability for ADRS in March

Redbudlover

DIS Veteran
I just made ADRs for my early March trip with my dgd4 and was shocked by the availability of everything! Last time I took her in Sept I got up at 5 am on the 90th day and got Cindarella but still couldn't get 50s Prime Time. This time everything got away from and I thought well here comes a CS trip. Not so! I got Chef Mickey's, Tusker House breakfast, Jiko, 50s Prime Time, and the princess dinner at Akershus all at the time I requested! All I can imagine is that the lack of free dining and changing the advance times to 180 days has taken the pressure off the 90 day window. This was wonderful and amazing.
Is everyone having the same experience getting what they want?

I know! I just made my late May-early June ADRs with no problems at all.

Same here for early March. I kept reading how hard it was to get reservations, but we got V&A, CA Grille (8pm on a Friday!), Le Cellier... etc. And I only booked a few days ago.

Same here....just over the weekend we booked our March trip (3/23-3/29) and got all of our ADRs that we wanted AND it is for 6 people too (4 Adults and 2 Children). We got Prime Time at 5:50pm, Crystal Palace at 3:40pm, and Akershus breakfast at 8:05am. I was so excited. I am hoping when it comes time to make ADRs for our Sept trip it will go just as smoothly.

Yeah! I'm glad you got everything you wanted.

With the exception of Sci Fi, I was able to get everything I wanted when we went this past June.

I also had no problem getting everything I wanted for our upcoming trip for this coming May.

We needed one more TS for the last day of our May 26- June 4 trip so I decided I would check for availabilty at Chef Mickey's and couldn't believe I had my choice of times. I was very surprised to say the least!! Now is this because numbers are down or because it's still 140 days out?? Just curious...

Carla

I was modifying my January and March trips last week and had no problem getting many of my ADRs switched around. However, had to keep my Coral Reef and LeCellier on the days I had them as there was no options for those, even lunch.

Edit to say that yesterday I also had no problem changing some of my ADRs for April to include LeCellier and Coral Reef (4 months out). Also changed my Coral Reef ADR for my trip in 2 weeks. I'm very surprised at the availability for these 3 upcoming trips, but as a side note, there is no free dining being offered during any of these trips, so I'm sure this comes into play.

I just had the same experience for the first week of March. We JUST decided to book yesterday and I was really nervous that all the places we wanted to go would be completely booked since it's so soon before the trip. The last time we went (May '08), I got up early and called at the 180 day point to make sure we got everything.

This time, the only one I couldn't get was Le Cellier. Considering I got CRT at noon, Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's at 8:20 am, and a host of other popular places at awesome eating times for us(like noon and the 5:30-6:30 dinner range), I can't complain. I think I made over a dozen ADR's with no issues!

A few weeks ago I changed our dinner one night to Le Cellier. DH decided to wanted to go twice our next trip. Its a later dinner for our (8:30) but still I couldn't believe it was available.

This morning--I tried booking CRT online for my DD's birthday (she's near 4th of July). Couldn't get anything.

Reluctantly I got on the phone and I was surprised that my options included B, L, or D for our family of 6.:confused3

She's very excited as we are doing BBB first thing that morning, we'll ride a few rides then have lunch.

I'm just surprised at how easy it was as I thought for certain that we'd be out of luck.

I'm wondering how much of this is the economy and how much of it is Disney cutting back on incentives (heard that in a report a couple of months ago).

Imagine my shock when I was able to get the time I wanted for Crystal Palace and 'Ohana just the other day for an imprptu quick trip over President's Week next month! :faint:What a difference no free dining promo makes. Of course, I am guessing that the crowds will be considerably bigger as they were last time I was there President's week as opposed to end of August which was pretty quiet. Still, it was nice to be able to get the ADR's without a bunch of hoopla.

I just made ADRs for my early March trip with my dgd4 and was shocked by the availability of everything! Last time I took her in Sept I got up at 5 am on the 90th day and got Cindarella but still couldn't get 50s Prime Time. This time everything got away from and I thought well here comes a CS trip. Not so! I got Chef Mickey's, Tusker House breakfast, Jiko, 50s Prime Time, and the princess dinner at Akershus all at the time I requested! All I can imagine is that the lack of free dining and changing the advance times to 180 days has taken the pressure off the 90 day window. This was wonderful and amazing.
Is everyone having the same experience getting what they want?

I know..we just booked our April Resv's last night and was able to score Le Cellier 3 times and even Chef mickeys....I was so surprised!

I know right? It's crazy how different this is compared to last December. :scared1: It took me 2 weeks to get the ressies I wanted. This time, it's taken me two days...it would have been shorter, but I keep changing my mind. LOL! With the exception of Le Cellier, I got everything I wanted!

I got: Crystal Palace for the evening fireworks, Rose & Crown :banana:, House of Blues :lovestruc, Kona for the morning I leave, and......Chef Mickey's!!!!! Awesome! And I'm going mid-March...spring break to boot!

Anna

Free dining is in Sept and that probably has a lot to do with it. More reservations are being made that month due to many more having dining. We don't eat at as many TS when we don't have the FD. Also, when did that date range to book go back to 180 days, that may have something to do with it since for a time it was 90 days if I recall correctly.

Imagine my shock when I was able to get the time I wanted for Crystal Palace and 'Ohana just the other day for an imprptu quick trip over President's Week next month! :faint:What a difference no free dining promo makes. Of course, I am guessing that the crowds will be considerably bigger as they were last time I was there President's week as opposed to end of August which was pretty quiet. Still, it was nice to be able to get the ADR's without a bunch of hoopla.

I had a similar experience. We just booked a trip the end of Presidents week and I was able to get the days/times we wanted for Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern, and 50s Primetime without any issue. Two of those ADRs were for 6 people and one was for 12! I was so surprised!

Free dining is in Sept and that probably has a lot to do with it. More reservations are being made that month due to many more having dining. We don't eat at as many TS when we don't have the FD. Also, when did that date range to book go back to 180 days, that may have something to do with it since for a time it was 90 days if I recall correctly.

Not sure you can blame it on Free Dining. I noticed last year that people were having a lot of problems even outside of Free Dining. Disney has cut back on the promos a bit so maybe that is affecting things.

I did the same thing about two weeks ago for our March trip. The only exception was we didn't get Le Cellier at the exact time we wanted - have to go at 2:40, but we're not picky about eating times anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter