Shipping a stroller?

drcmk

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever purchased an inexpensive stroller online and had it delivered to the resort? I haven't done the research yet, but I bet I could get a cheap stroller from Toys R Us that would cost less, including shipping than six or seven days of rental of WDW strollers.

I personally haven't done it, but be aware that it seems that the WDW resorts are now charging a storage fee for things that are sent to the resort before a guest checks in. I read a report of someone being charged $20 I think, for their box of groceries that was shipped to a DVC resort. So, keep that in mind, that your inexpensive strolelr might not be so inexpensive with that added on fee. Why don't you ship it to you, and just bring it with you?

Lori,

We will be taking an airplane. Isn't there a limit to how much stuff we can bring along? I wouldn't want to pack a stroller at the expense of a suitcase full of clothes.

You should be able to take your stroller right to the plane and the will it stow if for you and then give it back when you leave the plane.

you can take a stroller and a carseat in addition to your usual baggage allowance.

Bev

If you gate check the stroller (meaning you roll it up to the door of the plane and leave it and claim it there) that won't count towards your baggage allowance. TUsing the stroller in the airport will have it's advantages. I know that it usually is a long walk from the check-in area through security, and to the gate. Your child will be able to ride, and it also will be easier since you won't have to worry where the child is, he/she will be in the stroller!! Most airlines also won't count a stroller checked through with luggage towards your baggage allowance, but you'd need to check with your individual airline.

If you get a really inexpensive one at Walmart or at one of the malls, you could just leave it at the end of hte trip, or better yet, give it to a family who planned to rent.

I know Happy Limo rents Walmart cheapie type strollers for about $10 for your entire stay.

I've been trying to find people who've used this option with Happy Limo to tell me/us how it worked.

KIS

KIS, We used Happy Limo and rented their umbrella strollers during our trip back in May. The strollers severed their purpose well. They were starting to get a little worn, but they did fine. It was cheaper thatn doing the daily park stroller rental.

RxOrange:D

I called POR the other day to see if there was a fee for storing a box of groceries I plan to mail. She said no and seemed confused by the question! I thought there'd be a storage fee. Maybe you could check it out in the store then order it online to mail. However, it's nice to have in the airport when gate checking is so easy.

Has anyone ever checked a new boxed stroller on a flight? I hate to take it out of the box to ship it as it is fully assembled and about the size of 2 paknplay's in their travel covers. Im thinking the box will offer protection and we can bring it home that way too. It's not over 30 pounds.

RxOrange,

I am so glad to hear from you. How tall and/or large and/or old was your child when you used the Happy Limo stroller?

Would you recommend renting it with a 5 year old?

KIS

I brought a brand new stroller home from the USA to the UK in it's box. It wasn't even assembled, and that was fine, although I suspect it counted as part of our luggage allowance, whereas a stroller wheeled up to the gate doesn't.

Won't use want to use the stroller in the airport though? We always get a lot of use out of ours, if not for kids then for bags.

Bev

KIS, We actually rented two strollers from Happy Limo for our 5 year old and 7 year old. There was adequate room in the strollers and neither child felt cramped. Our 7 year old daughter is a little tiny for her age. Both kids, at that time weighed about 40-44 lbs and were about 43 inches tall. If we return to Disney this next year, we'll probably rent those type strollers again. They're so easy to navigate (as compared to the larger strollers), making it simple to wheel them through all of the little gift shops at MK, and take up very little space in the hotel room too. I hope this helps:D

RxOrange

RXOrange:

Your response absolutely helps. Thank you so much for referencing the weight and height of those strollers.

I guess we might not need to schlep our stroller after all.

May I ask you another question? Was there a basket or some means of storage on that stroller?

Thank you for your time and attention on this.

KIS

KIS, The strollers that we used from Happy Limo didn't have a basket or any other storage area on them. The handles that area used to push the strollers, however, are usefel for hanging shopping bags, etc. We placed our Disney raingear in a small bag and hung that on one of the stroller handles.

RxOrange:D

Dear RxOrange,

We have one of those mesh bags that can hang across the two handles. My guess is that we'd bring that and attach it to a rental stroller as well as hook on a bag or two for raingear, sometimes for watershoes, sunscreen, etc.

KIS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter