Shipping a box ahead

corky441

DIS Veteran
With all the rules/regulations/fees with luggage these days, I've decided that I am just going to have to ship a box down ahead of time.

Is anyone else doing this? I know the size it has to be, the weight is has to be and where to send it . . .

what has me in a tizzy:headache: is when should I plan on mailing the darn thing? According to the FAQ on the cruise boards it needs to arrive no later than the Friday before we sail

If I send it out priority mail on the 4th, I know it will get there in plenty of time, but is this too early. I don't want it to get lost in the shuffle in the warehouse. :confused:

This one thing is just driving me crazy - I really need a good nights sleep & this is really weighing heavy in my mind.... :eek:

I am shipping my box to the resort I am staying at Pre-cruise, so that I have it in hand when I go to the ship.

Last year I sent mine to the resort too. I sent it 7 days ahead of me ground FedEx. I didn't trust sending it to the Dock to be delivered to my room on the ship.

Hmmmmmmmm -

I think I'm going to call the hotel in Cape Canaveral to see if they would accept a package for me. I'd much rather have it at the hotel than in some big warehouse in Orlando.

Question??? - Can the box then be taken by the Porter at the terminal with the luggage, or do I have to take it on board as a carry-on?

Hmmmmmmmm -

I think I'm going to call the hotel in Cape Canaveral to see if they would accept a package for me. I'd much rather have it at the hotel than in some big warehouse in Orlando.

Question??? - Can the box then be taken by the Porter at the terminal with the luggage, or do I have to take it on board as a carry-on?

Yes the box can be taken on as a piece of luggage. For PCC 1.0, someone even brought a laundry basket as a piece of luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter