Sheraton Safari 11/24th and 25th

disneynewbee

DIS Veteran
Let me start off by saying we are not picky people and when we stay on property it is always a value and we love them. We do however have special needs due to medical (asthma, allergy). I really wanted to like this hotel. First we got a good rate $59 per night. After we booked I realized they were pet friendly and emailed them about allergy problems and they emailed me back very friendly and said they would make sure we were in a room that had never had pets. They also emailed me several times before the trip just saying that we could call if we had any additional needs and that they were looking forward to seeing us. All emails were very friendly and professional so I was really looking forward to the visit. When we pulled up the outside was gorgious. The lobby was beautiful but smelled extremely strong of cleaning supplies. I guess it is good that it is clean but it was so strong it was unappealing. We had quite a wait at the front desk although it was not the hotels fault. There was only one lady in front of us who was already checked in but had hundreds of problems/ questions/requests. So we get to the front of the line and the guy was friendly enough and gives us our room which was to have 2 queen beds, non smoking, no pets, refrigerator for medical, and a crib. When we got to the room the frig and crib were already there :thumbsup2 however the room smelled horrible like what I would have to describe as wet dog. It was very strong and the kids allergies were already acting up from weather change so we decided there was no way we could stay in that room. Dh went down to the lobby and they gave him a new room although offered no appology and offered no help in moving our things which we had already tipped someone to bring to the first room so we carried all our stuff from the first room to the second ourself. When we got in the room was hot and the air was off so we turned the air on and went to downtown disney to shop. When we got back at 10:30pm the room was still extremely hot. Dh checked everything and realized the air was not working. He again went to the front desk and they said they would send someone up. The guy got there at about 11pm when my kids should have been sleeping. He came in and had it fixed in reasonable time (about 20 minutes) but it was all quite an inconvenience. Again never recieved a verbal appology for all these inconveniences. Both rooms were pretty wore down cosmetically and could use a referb. The kids loved the pool and there was a lady walking around the pool area supervising who was very nice. I thought the hotel store was very I guess I would describe it as cheap looking although it surved our needs just not what I would expect at a well known hotel. We ate at the breakfast buffet and it was pretty good and a good deal. Overall we were really glad we were not staying there our whole trip and would not stay there again.

First, thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you had a bad stay, in general most people really enjoy this hotel. I think there is always the exception though. I know for my family, it was probably one of the nicer off site locations we've stayed in relation to what we paid per night.

First, thank you for sharing. I'm sorry you had a bad stay, in general most people really enjoy this hotel. I think there is always the exception though. I know for my family, it was probably one of the nicer off site locations we've stayed in relation to what we paid per night.
As kilee posted, not everyone has a great stay at any hotel, but I just got back from my 3rd stay at the Safari and it was great as usual - especially at $59/night!!

Would stay there again in a heartbeat!!! :thumbsup2

This hotel, more than any other I can think of, seems to have reviews that are either very good or very bad! For whatever reason, people have strong feelings one way or another about this one. I scored this one on a Priceline bid for April ($40 a nite), so I have been reading everything I can find. I'll post a review after our stay.

This hotel, more than any other I can think of, seems to have reviews that are either very good or very bad! For whatever reason, people have strong feelings one way or another about this one. I scored this one on a Priceline bid for April ($40 a nite), so I have been reading everything I can find. I'll post a review after our stay.

Please do post! I'm planning on staying there in October and I'm really hoping it's nice.

I usually stay here as my night before. The very first time was horrible. HOwever they worked very hard to make the stay right and added points to my points. The next time we stayed, they bent over backwards to make sure that we were happy. For our trip in June, we are styaing our first night there again and my mom is coming with us. We like the Safari and that's why we keep going gback. As you can see we had a bad first stay, and the rest have been wonderful.

We stayed here for a week on our last trip. I found the hotel to be comfortable and the staff to be quite good. No complaints.

How do you get such a low rate for this hotel? We have Starwood gold level membership, and this may be a low price option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter