~~~Shell out extra $$$ for POTC 4 in Imax 3-D, or Disney 3-D or not?

loveysbydesign

I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream
Help----those who have seen it what would you recommend?:confused3
Trying to decide if we want to see it in:
1. IMAX 3-d for $17.50 pp
2. Disney 3-d for $11.50 pp
3. regular digital for $7.50 pp.

I am normally the person to always choose the 3d if given a choice. But I think for this type of movie, I am just going to see the regular version. I don't feel like spending the extra money right now, and this doesn't seem the type of movie that 3d would enhance that much.

we saw the 12:01 am 3-D show early this morning and it was FABULOUS!!!! there was none of the "silly 3-D tricks" or anything...it just made it much clearer.

BTW.....BEST. PIRATES. EVER!!!! awesome new characters!!! pirate:

I love 3D, and I'll see any movie in 3D over regular - I just really prefer it.

That being said, I'd go see it in Disney Digital 3D and never look back. It's a good middle ground.

Of course, if you really want to do it up and are big Pirates fans, IMAX 3D would be the only way to go.

Come on, Johnny Depp in 3D? Yes please!

DH and I love IMAX and 3D movies. Our schedule today resulted in us seeing the regular format. I was great in the regular format. We paid $9.50 for #3.

I haven't seen it, but I've read 2 different reviews that both stated the 3d made the dark parts a bit darker and harder to see. They both recommended seeing it in the regular mode.

Just saw it in 3D.. didn't seem to have many special effects to justify the extra money.

saw it 3d and wished i saw it regular. great movie but harder to see with 3d glasses on. 3d just didnt add anything. loved the movie tho!!

Thanks everyone for your input! I am fine with the regular but my kids are really wanting to see it in 3-d. Money is tight right now so maybe I'll just tell them we see it in regular or we don;t go at all!

i actually thought that this was one of the few that the 3d was worth it, saw in imax 3-d and they did have a real dimension to the scenery....i love imax if possible, the sound quality is great...really expensive but worth it for me...

Although my kids have done well w/ rides & attractions w/ 3D vision for some reason they both get headaches when we see movies in 3D at the movie theater :confused3 So we have stop seeing movies in 3D and opt for the reg digital versions. So I guess this would be a vote for the non 3D version.;)

I saw it last night in 3D and I don't think it is really worth the extra money. There were some cheesy times when they point their swords at the camera and that's all I really recall being 3D. The scenery did look good, but not stunning. I'd just see it in regular if I went again,

We saw it this morning in the IMAX and it was FABULOUS! Can you go earlier in the day for cheaper? That's what we did. Saw it at 11:05am and it was only $10. It really just kind of immerses you in the movie.

I read a few reviews that weren't all that impressed with the 3D so we opted to just see it in regular format. We really really enjoyed the movie but never once did I wish it was in 3D.

It was just a fun and entertaining movie. 2 thumbs up:goodvibes

Add me to the list of folks that saw it in 3D, but didn't think it was anything special. I kept thinking the whole time I watched it "where's the 3D???" It was very subtle most of the time.

But overall, the movie was great - DD10 and I both enjoyed it. I thought the story was much easier to follow than some of the other ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter