Sharing Meals on MYW Dining Plan

BetsyS

Earning My Ears
I have read many posts on sharing CS meals on the dining plan. However, can DH and I share a sit down meal and use one credit? I would eat the appetizer as my entree and then we could share the dessert. We both are getting the meal plan but some days I know that I cannot eat all this food .Thanks for any info. :cool1:

I tried to make several PS for upcoming trip, and while doing so, I ask about sharing. I understand that would not be OK for a buffet or all you can eat, but I asked about buying a separatevdrink and salad, and sharing the entre, etc. The CM i was talking to took FOREVER to ask someone, and then came back , and said, if they saw you do that, you would be charged for a second meal. I could not make her understand that it made no sense for a plated dinner. She asked if I would like to talk to Guest Services. I said I would, but after holding for about 15 minutes gave up. I sure wish there was a 1-800 # for these questions. I can probably pay for a meal for the price of the call. (Afraid to use cell, in case of lost signal in the middle of call)

Seems as if I have read several posts about people sharing, but would like to see what people's experiences have been.

Considering whether to buy the FDP separately, or just use the meal plan and wing it for Fantasmic.

Any thoughts? Our trip is over Mother's Day - not the best planning.

I thought I used to have an toll free number, but couldn't find it. I am having so much trouble trying to make a schedule and make PS ressies, I almost wish I would not have purchased the meal plan. I loved the vouchers at Dland, but this seems hard so far. I appreciate your quick reply!

I just got back from a 2 day break with the dining plan. I was also concerned about being able to share, due to Dh's lapband surgery, he can not eat a whole meal. (he is lucky to finish a child's portion sometimes!)

We were able to share the meals, but we skipped the buffets, and only used counter and sit-down meals. We ate at the Sci-Fi and used 2 adult and 1 kid for me, DH, DS (age 12) and DD (age 7). With each one coming with an appitizer, entree, dessert, and drink we had more than enough food and even took leftovers with us!

We also shared counter meals without any problems.

We told all of the waiters that we were using the meal plan and we planned on sharing. They said fine. All were pleasant and had no problem doing it. They even cut the sandwhich in 1/2 and gave each 1/2 fries at Sci-Fi.

HTH!
Peg :cool:

Thanks for the info :earsboy: I've was hoping to share an occasional meal with DH. Glad to hear there were no problems.

I am also wondering what people's experience has been with Breakfast - Counter Service - on the meal plan. A CS meal is supposed to be entre, drink, dessert or combo, drink, dessert. I am trying to imagine this as berakfast. Did anybody use their CS meal for breakfast? I am thinking I want to use my TS meals for dinner, and there are a few days I think we may want late breakfast and an early dinner, instead of lunch and dinner. Are there combo breakfasts? I am not sure there would be dessert for breakfast, but I guess it depends on how they view it. Any info appreciated. Thanks so much!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter