Sharing meals at 50's prime time?

DCLbrideSept2009

DIS Veteran
So I was able to snag an ADR for 50's prime time next week. We have free dining... 6 adults. I know portions look HUGE so we will probably want to split meals. I know since they do the whole "clean your plate or no desert" type thing, will they make a big deal about splitting meals? Or is that common enough? We have actually never eaten there on our many previous visits to WDW so happy to have snagged an ADR this time.

the portions are huge and DH and I have always shared. I asked if we could have shared with free dining and they said yes, of course. It has always been the two of us and we go for the food and not the interaction with the staff. They seem to sense that and keep it low key for us. They have also always seated us in a section with no small children so it is quieter. They are also good with special requests. We love the chicken but only eat the white meat and that is what they bring.

I always share the fried chicken entree with DS14. It comes with 2 pieces of chicken. We ask for all white meat and always get 2 huge breast portions, more than enough to share. We never leave there hungry.

My mom and I shared with no problem. For the two of us, the sampler (pot roast, meatloaf, and fried chicken) was plenty!

They'll be fine with it, but you might get some teasing from the waiter, depending on how in to it they are/if they judge you guys are in the mood to play along. :)

Honestly, I just ordered the fried chicken the last time I was there, and it was huge- double what I would have at home if we had fried chicken. Mom and I easily could have shared it; the sampler is even bigger, I think, and the pot roast is around the same size.

I always share the fried chicken entree with DS14. It comes with 2 pieces of chicken. We ask for all white meat and always get 2 huge breast portions, more than enough to share. We never leave there hungry.

Son ordered it 3 weeks ago, and it came with 4 pieces of chicken...breast, thigh, drumstick, and wing. The sampler platter (what I had) came with two pieces of chicken.

Son ordered it 3 weeks ago, and it came with 4 pieces of chicken...breast, thigh, drumstick, and wing. The sampler platter (what I had) came with two pieces of chicken.

But the poster you quoted ordered with just white meat and got two breasts. You received the "normal" four pieces with both white and dark.

And I swear Disney World chicken breasts come from a farm near a turkey place because those things are huge!

We've shared the sampler platter between three people and onion rings and it was plenty of food.

so glad to hear!! very excited to have finally snagged an ADR here and i think my parents and aunt and uncle will really love it there!

We've shared the sampler platter between three people and onion rings and it was plenty of food.
Good to know. We are thinking about going there for lunch when we decide to go back, but would rather share a sampler platter ( I want the chicken, DH the pot roast & we'll split the meatloaf) and a salad.

Good to know. We are thinking about going there for lunch when we decide to go back, but would rather share a sampler platter ( I want the chicken, DH the pot roast & we'll split the meatloaf) and a salad.
My mom had the pot roast, my dad the meatloaf and I the chicken. The fixin's I believe were roasted corn, green beans and mashed potatoes. We each split a little bit of each and it was plenty. Especially since we were doing Shula's that night for dinner. This time around we will probably do the same since we're eating at Boatwrights that night. It was also the lowest bill for dining we had the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter