• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Share Your Low Crowd Pics!

We have MNSSHP tix for Friday the 25th and from what I've read, the last Friday night party of September typically sells out but so far there's tix still available. Fingers crossed that it won't be too bad. I've been to two other parties, both in Oct, and neither one was too crowded, I thought. We walked on to all the rides. I can't wait!!

We have MNSSHP tix for Friday the 25th and from what I've read, the last Friday night party of September typically sells out but so far there's tix still available. Fingers crossed that it won't be too bad. I've been to two other parties, both in Oct, and neither one was too crowded, I thought. We walked on to all the rides. I can't wait!!

If you are mostly interested in rides, then don't worry about whether it sells out. Rides lines stay short most party nights regardless.

May I suggest the week before Thanksgiving? We went then a couple years ago and the whole time we felt like they had closed the park and we just didn't get the memo. Walk on to Splash Mountain at 2:30pm type of crowds. Almost eerie! Daytime temps in the 70s, no rain, Christmas decor. A very neat time to go, your husband would love it! :thumbsup2

We are in this year for Sept 24-28. Excited to see what's in store!

Can you elaborate on the week before thanksgiving? Which days were you there? sat-sat? We are booked that week this year and I am trying to decide when to depart. Don't want to be stuck in crazy crowds but we are meeting family in s. Florida on the beach for thanksgiving, so we can't leave too soon. Thinking sun 11/16- tues 11/25. We wouldn't do a park on 11/25 because it will be crowded by then. Was also considering mon 11/17-11/25 or 16-24.

Can you elaborate on the week before thanksgiving? Which days were you there? sat-sat? We are booked that week this year and I am trying to decide when to depart. Don't want to be stuck in crazy crowds but we are meeting family in s. Florida on the beach for thanksgiving, so we can't leave too soon. Thinking sun 11/16- tues 11/25. We wouldn't do a park on 11/25 because it will be crowded by then. Was also considering mon 11/17-11/25 or 16-24.

if you can avoid arriving and departing on the weekend, you avoid double charges for the onsite hotels (sat, sun, fri, sat versus fri sat sun,) and the airfare tends to be 1-2 hundred dollars cheaper per ticket. Wed tends to be the cheapest price for flights.

This was Soarin at 5:30 pm today (Sunday). It was like that every time I saw it all afternoon

1E21516C-8760-4A7B-835F-B06EE0E31165_1.jpg

We went on the Behind The Seeds Tour and we were the only people on the tour. I asked him what is the limit and he said about 15 people. He said it's not always that full but that it's rare to get a private tour like us. It was so fun. And the boats kept going by pretty empty mostly.

056B49B8-B766-4A48-87DA-FD7703CEDBF0.jpg

I've never been on this ride (Maelstrom?) but we were definitely the only people on it.

3392ED54-7995-49C8-ABE2-2D7E709DA2F8.jpg

This is me going down the BW slide at about 1pm today. You can see how few people are in the pool during the middle of a sunny day. There were some people in there and a small group of kids playing bingo but it really didn't feel crowded and there was absolutely no line for the slide. (Again I've never stayed here so I don't know what it's normally like)

597373D9-6925-4F53-BE0B-CFAEA6151368.jpg

Wow! These pictures remind me of what it USED to look like during the first two weeks of December. Of course, that was back in the late 90s and early 2000s. Now early December looks more like October crowd-wise.

these pics definitely have me excited for rides, but then also with the rain are the fireworks shows often cancelled because of bad weather? I am really looking to seeing wishes/hallowishes/frozen fireworks

They almost never cancel fireworks because of rain. They may be postponed a bit, but they are usually set off eventually. Outdoor character M&Gs, rides, and shows are cancelled much more frequently due to rain.

As a late August traveler this year (and early contributor to this thread) I will say that while the crowds were awesome, the tradeoff was that the weather was terrible. It was much, much hotter than I expected, to the point of being unbearable at some times. There are many things we skipped doing (Dream Along with Mickey, pictures in front of the park icons, etc.) because we didn't want to be out in the blistering heat in unshaded areas. While we really enjoyed our trip this summer, all family member hold the same opinion...we won't be back in August unless it's for a special event. It's just too hot to be as enjoyable as visits when the weather is better. As my husband said, "You do such a great job with putting together touring plans that we don't wait long usually anyway, and we've been much more comfortable during our October trips." So yeah, the crowds are great, but they do come at a price.

I will take the heat over the crowds any day. But maybe I'm less tolerant than most. I would rather not go if there are crowds because waiting and congestion ruins the magic for me really fast. I absolutely love September in the parks. It makes such a difference to me to not have to factor in wait times and to just be able to eat wherever we want without a reservation or wait and to have photos without a ton of people in the background. And there are noticeably a lot less children in September. I like kids fine but sometimes all the noise that goes with them is not very relaxing to me when I'm on vacation. We had some rain this trip so it was not even very hot. We both had to purchase a sweater actually because we didn't pack one and it got a bit chilly at night after the rain.

This photo was taken when I walked by at about 6pm on Tuesday. We had arrived at MK at noon that day and pretty much everything was a walk on. We had rode 7DMT with a fastpass already but decided 20 minutes was too long to wait for a 2nd ride. 10-12 minutes is about all we can handle.

eb71dda1-6863-4d8b-bdcb-9a20dec54abe.jpg

Soarin' was a 10 minute wait last Monday at like 5:30-6:00. That was ridiculous.

We gave gone last week of August for a couple of years, but this year decided to go September 20-28. Although crowds were low when we have been last week of August, they seemed lower from what i read this year.

Im hoping the same will be true next week.

We gave gone last week of August for a couple of years, but this year decided to go September 20-28. Although crowds were low when we have been last week of August, they seemed lower from what i read this year. Im hoping the same will be true next week.

Me too!!!!

I posted a few days ago, a couple of photos of the super-low crowds.
From Sept. 2nd until now it has been the same, most rides are walk-ons and the headliners (soarin, rock n roller etc) have been posted at 20 mins but more like 10-15 mins actual queueing time.

BUT!!!!

Tonight was our last night :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1:

We went to MK for the evening and it was SO busy.. I've no idea why??!!

:crowded::crowded::crowded:

I thought maybe because there was a MNSSHP last night AND tomorrow night, so the Monday nights at MK could start getting busy?

I'm not sure if that's the reason or not, just a friendly word of warning :)

And if anyone does know the reason please enlighten me! I asked a CM but she didn't know :confused:

This was taken at 5:20 this evening.

QMKrNyy.jpg

I posted a few days ago, a couple of photos of the super-low crowds. From Sept. 2nd until now it has been the same, most rides are walk-ons and the headliners (soarin, rock n roller etc) have been posted at 20 mins but more like 10-15 mins actual queueing time. BUT!!!! Tonight was our last night :sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1::sad1: We went to MK for the evening and it was SO busy.. I've no idea why??!! :crowded::crowded::crowded: I thought maybe because there was a MNSSHP last night AND tomorrow night, so the Monday nights at MK could start getting busy? I'm not sure if that's the reason or not, just a friendly word of warning :) And if anyone does know the reason please enlighten me! I asked a CM but she didn't know :confused: This was taken at 5:20 this evening.

The wait times were not good today! I'm scared about my trip now!

I think the wait times and crowd levels are all going to be based on the park you are at.
My friend has been there since Saturday. She would send me texts all day long from the parks because she was so excited that the park crowds were so low. :confused3
Saturday-Epcot (Soarin'-10 min wait around 3pm, TT-15 min wait around 11am)
Sunday- MK all day +MNSSHP (7DMT1- 20 min @ RD, PP- 5 min @ 10am, BTMR & SM- walk on between 3-4p)
Monday- HS ( RnRC & ToT - 10 min between 9:30-10a, TSMM 20 min at RD and again about 2:45p.
Today- AK (nothing to report yet)

I sure hope I can pick the right parks when I am there later next week :goodvibes

Here now, and MK and HS both seemed more crowded than I expected at level 3/10, but we still haven't waited more than 10 minutes for anything. Just FP the headliners and pick recommended park days and you'll be fine.:thumbsup2

Was at mk yesterday and they added an extra hour to the park because it was so busy. Today it's much better. :-).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter