Shaken, Not Stirred, With a Twist of Pixie Dust! A Food and Wine Trip!NEW! Pgs.75,76

Charleston Princess

DIS Veteran
Welcome, everyone, to a new Charleston Princess Trip Report! I am so happy to have everyone here.

Before I start telling you about our fabulous four-day adults-only Epcot-only weekend, let me do some quick introductions. I have written two other trip reports. If you need more of our madness, feel free to go check them out.

June 2009: Divas, Zebra Domes, and Pixie Dust!
June 2008: The Pursuit of Disney Magic!

Me: I am an almost-35-year-old middle school language arts teacher with a deep love of Disney World. I have been going since I was nine months old (my mom believed in starting me early), and I haven’t gotten tired of it, yet.

110.jpg

Charles: My husband who declares he is no fan of Disney (he certainly made me believe that mantra on our June trip), but who still seems to want to come with me anytime I make the journey. Just for the record, he was the one studying the Food and Wine menus the most beforehand.

073.jpg

Chelsea and Connor: Chelsea is our darling 12-year-old daughter, and Connor is our handsome 10-year-old son. We left them at home this time, so you won’t be seeing much of them, but they do have cameo roles.

274.jpg

How Did This Trip Come To Be?
Disney released great room discounts at the beginning of July, and it seemed like many of my DIS friends were planning trips at the same time. I believe I jokingly said to Charles, “Everyone is going except us.” He totally surprised me by saying, “Book it!” He didn’t have to tell me twice before I was on the phone with Disney and making a reservation.

Mommy Guilt?
I had no idea I would be a sufferer until I planned a Disney trip without my children. Charles and I hadn’t been away since 2004 when we went to New Orleans, and we were long overdue for a getaway. However, part of me felt that I was being unbearably cruel to go to Disney World without my children. I even put off telling Connor until two weeks before the trip. However, I squashed that mommy guilt down as far as it would go and trooped merrily down I-75 to my favorite place.

So on with the show…

When Did We Go? October 1st through the 4th

Where Did We Stay? Caribbean Beach Resort

Why Did We Go? To celebrate our anniversary and to experience our first International Food and Wine Festival.

So, was the trip a success? Did Charles leave the hotel room? How many DISers did we meet? How many foods did we try over the weekend? How many drinks did we consume? Just how many food pictures did I take?

I promise all answers and more will be revealed…

You are too stinkin' cute in your picture! I just love it!! I can see where Chelsea gets her inner diva. ;)

I can't wait to hear all about your trip. :banana:

I am here!! Love your TR title!! I think I know some of the answers to the questions but won't spoil anything! ;) Can't wait for more. popcorn:: Thank goodness we have the DIS to ease the post Disney depression. I am already wondering if I can plot another weekend trip before the end of THIS year's F&W! :laughing:

Oooh... meant to say that love that you and Charles are both rocking the booze in the photos! Adorable!!! When are we going back???

Love your intro pictures!

Dh and I went on an adult only trip in 2002. It was his first trip to Disney ever. I have guilt too, but we really needed the weekend for just the two of us. Trying to talk him into going for our 25th in April, only it falls on the day after Easter. Not the best time to go. I would to do a F&W weekend.

Can't wait to read your report.

I'm here and just a tad bit jealous! My 36th B'day was on October 3rd and oh how I wished I could be at the most happiest place on earth too! so I will be living vicariously through your TR because not only did I NOT get to go to Disney on my b'day but DH also failed to come up with 2 of the hottest tx to the U2 concert in NC which also fell on my b'day- double whammy...whaaaa :sad: ok enough wallowing in self pity...welcome home and on with the show!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter