SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Shades of green is not included in the new early entry Benifit starting October 1st:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/early-entry/
I think we may see shades not be included in as many perks as before.
We have switched to a Disney resort. May not seem worth it to some, but we are early risers and this benifit is important to us and our trip.
I'm considering switching to another resort for my November trip. not sure if it'll be worth it or not and hard to gauge for now

I'm considering switching to another resort for my November trip. not sure if it'll be worth it or not and hard to gauge for now

I switched. Some thing I’m reading and on Facebook say shades will probably be added later, etc.. but after months of uncertainly I want some certainty in my trip planning and early entry is important and worth it to me even if it’s not to others.

Interesting it's not added on the list, and hope it'll be added back to the list for early or late hours as it was typically on early/late hours list of hotels before. Not going in November, but waiting for 2022, watching how this continues as it may also be a considering factor to me for then a Disney resort instead.

FYI, I called SoG this morning asking if there were any plans to participate in Early Entry. Was told that it is currently in negotiations…
Thanks so much for calling!
I was wondering if it was an oversight or if they'll really not be included anymore.

I sent an email to Disney this morning thanking them for always including Shades in the benefits of staying onsite and for making it affordable to military families while also saying I was disappointed to see Shades along with the Swan and Dolphin weren't being included in the early morning entry. Not sure if it'll help, but I figured I'd do it anyway. And I made sure to thank them before stating the disappointment. I'm hoping it changes.

I sent an email to Disney this morning thanking them for always including Shades in the benefits of staying onsite and for making it affordable to military families while also saying I was disappointed to see Shades along with the Swan and Dolphin weren't being included in the early morning entry. Not sure if it'll help, but I figured I'd do it anyway. And I made sure to thank them before stating the disappointment. I'm hoping it changes.

Good for you, every voice matters. We will be checking in this weekend, and I am going to add my voice to yours. :)

About tickets -

In their auto-response email, SOG noted 10-14 days response, but DH sent a form in either yesterday or Saturday and I got the call today already. Tickets will be shipped today according to the email received right after the call. So could be much faster. Our purchase involved Boo Bash tickets and I was worried dates would sell out by the time they got to it, but it was quick.

Also, the ticket person there I spoke to was not familiar with anything related to Early Entry. I figured prob wrong place to ask but also thought it couldn't hurt since I was already on the phone :).

I don't think early entry would dissuade us from staying at SOG, but it sure would be a nice perk!

What address did you email to? I'll send one in too

What address did you email to? I'll send one in too
I actually went to their website and clicked on the Contact Us link. That's where I've always sent email to. It usually takes a few days to get a response, but I always get one. If I find a better one, I'll pass it on.

I actually went to their website and clicked on the Contact Us link. That's where I've always sent email to. It usually takes a few days to get a response, but I always get one. If I find a better one, I'll pass it on.
Ok, thanks!

Just an FYI for anyone who may have been waiting for this news...
Someone over on the Poly thread has confirmed that the walkway from the Poly to the GF is now open! :) There is also a 'rumor' that the EPCOT monorail may be back very soon.

ETA:
EPCOT monorail will open on Sunday July 18!!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter