SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I have 3 reservations now for Shades. The Sept and Nov ones keep dropping off but I can relink easily. A little over 24 hours since I booked for a weekend for August and I'm not so patiently waiting for it to accept the link so I can attempt some FPs

My July reservations disappeared again!! Im so frustrated! I am an annual pass holder and have two trips booked for July. The 1st is at SOG and the 2nd is at BLT. Everytime the SOG res disappears I get an email threatening to cancel FPs for the last 2 days of our 2nd trip. I’m on the phonenow with IT and they cant figure it out. They are promising that if the FPs disappear, theycan be reinstated with no problem. We’ll see what happens.

So-after being on the phone for an eternity-the IT guy said that he figured out why the SOG ressies keep falling off, but it isn’t an easy fix. He pretty much guaranteed that it will keep happening until the glitch can be fixed. He did change our FPs to “permanent” FPs—meaning that we cannot make any changes to them in MDE. That way, the system won’t drop them off by mistake. I agreed to this fix—that way I don’t have to call them again to recover my FPs!! UGH

My July reservations disappeared again!! Im so frustrated! I am an annual pass holder and have two trips booked for July. The 1st is at SOG and the 2nd is at BLT. Everytime the SOG res disappears I get an email threatening to cancel FPs for the last 2 days of our 2nd trip. I’m on the phonenow with IT and they cant figure it out. They are promising that if the FPs disappear, theycan be reinstated with no problem. We’ll see what happens.

Yes, in addition to mine being dropped when I posted a few spots above last week, they got dropped again. I loaded them back in again and my FPs are still there, and I also have screenshots of my FPs and so if they drop off I can ask to get them reinstated but would rather not have to go through that -- so I continue to check at least once a day to verify that the two SOG room reservations are still in place.

Fwiw, MDE had a few issues the last couple of days. I had to call to cancel reservations and my fast passes were not updating. Talking to people not at SoG, they had the same issues.

I had no issues last October with dining or FP selections. But also didn't link my Shades reservation just tickets.

I had no issues last October with dining or FP selections. But also didn't link my Shades reservation just tickets.

The SOG reservations are what the problem is and the fact that you can now make FPs at 60 days. So not surprising that you had no problem last fall before the change.

I’ve been fortunate & haven’t had any issues with my August reservations or FP. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx myself

Just back and some quick thoughts:
Evergreen's was nice and quite a surprise! It was good to see it so nicely refurbished from the last time we stood here.
Bistro to go at night has 12 wings for a dollar more than Evergreens, which has 10.
Coffee from the lobby area and the Express Cafe by the bus stop was great; the sandwiches at express were really good and reasonably priced.
No snack machines in the Palm wing (the only one there was down); plenty in Magnolia.
Laundry was decent, cards only. Buy soap from the exchange. Tide was $5.
Garden Gallery was really good; we ate there a few times and everyone enjoyed it.
Parking was $7 a day; you can't pull up to the lobby to unload your car unless you are using the bellhop service. Garage spots were very tight.
Do not plan on taking the first bus and making the MK opening show at 0755. I would suggest walking to the Poly (literally a five minute walk) and taking the monorail.
Overall, very, very impressed. We had a great time and I am glad we stayed there.

I’ve been fortunate & haven’t had any issues with my August reservations or FP. Hopefully I didn’t just jinx myself

I hope you didn't either -- but as for me, I checked MDE this morning and my two SOG room reservations for August had disappeared yet AGAIN. That's 3 times in the past 10 days... will keep on checking each day (and re-linking as needed) until the last FP days are inside of 30 days, but wow there sure is an issue there somewhere and I hope they find/fix it soon.

Gotcha. My fastpasses dropped off beforehand and I called customer service to resolve. They were still in the system, just not showing up.

Gotcha. My fastpasses dropped off beforehand and I called customer service to resolve. They were still in the system, just not showing up.

I've been fortunate that I've caught them each day before the FPs got swept away, and have screenshots of each day to help get them restored if needed, but sure hope it's not needed!

I’m trying to get our SOG reservations linked to MDE so we can make our FP. I had no trouble with our room- DH’s name automatically imported and I was able to change the two random SOG names to DD and me. The problem is coming with the rooms DH sponsored for my parents and my grandma. My mom tried to link her reservation, and it automatically imported DH’s name as the first guest in the room, and there is no way for her to change it to her name. She could edit the second guest name to my dad’s name, but not the first. She called WDW and the CM told her that the first guest listed has to be DH. She said that because of the “Rule of Inheritance” DH is the only one who can make FP reservations, and he can pick who he makes them for. My mom tried to tell the CM that this doesn’t make any sense and that she needs to change the name in MDE so we can make the FP reservations, but the CM just kept insisting she had to follow the Rule of Inheritance. My mom asked her then how DH is supposed to make FP at 60 days for people not listed on the reservation, but the CM would never answer the question. So, my mom called me and asked what she should do. I thought that maybe if she called back and got another CM she could get it straightened out, but I wanted to check with the experts here for advice first. I’d appreciate any help. Our FP booking opens up in just a few days. I don’t think my mom even tried to do anything with my grandm’s room, but if it automatically imports DH’s name like it did with my parents’ room, she will be in the same situation with that one, too.

We have this same issue. Did you get it resolved?

We have this same issue. Did you get it resolved?

I had to call SOG and they added a third person in the room. In this case it was hubby, sis and brother-in-law. Even though there will only be two in the room. It was stated to me that they know there is a problem with this so it is handled this way. My husband is the sponsor and his name has to remain on the reservation. Call and ask nicely, explain what the problem is and the should be able to do the change. They did not add any cost to do this.

Has anyone stayed at SoG and done much running? My husband and I are in training for the Chicago marathon in October and have several training runs we need to accomplish while there. I don't mind getting up super early to run to still make our park schedules, but unsure where best to run there. If it's allowed, looks like the easiest solution would just be to run the golf cart paths throughout the golf course. Any reason that wouldn't be allowed you think?

If we can't do that, we could run across to the Poly and then to TTC and back I guess however many times we would need to to hit our mileage. Any experience or advice on this is welcomed. Thanks.

Has anyone stayed at SoG and done much running? My husband and I are in training for the Chicago marathon in October and have several training runs we need to accomplish while there. I don't mind getting up super early to run to still make our park schedules, but unsure where best to run there. If it's allowed, looks like the easiest solution would just be to run the golf cart paths throughout the golf course. Any reason that wouldn't be allowed you think?

If we can't do that, we could run across to the Poly and then to TTC and back I guess however many times we would need to to hit our mileage. Any experience or advice on this is welcomed. Thanks.

I am not sure about running on the golf cart paths, but the only path I know of otherwise leads from Polynesian to Grand Floridian- might afford you a little more mileage than to the TTC. This would still be a lot of back and forth if you are racking up miles, though.

http://runningatdisney.com/disney-running-trails/grand-floridian-polynesian-resorts/

Does anyone know if you can purchase the military memory maker from Guest Relations at Disney Springs? Will be heading there my first night before going to the parks and would love to go ahead and purchase it while I'm there.

I had to call SOG and they added a third person in the room. In this case it was hubby, sis and brother-in-law. Even though there will only be two in the room. It was stated to me that they know there is a problem with this so it is handled this way. My husband is the sponsor and his name has to remain on the reservation. Call and ask nicely, explain what the problem is and the should be able to do the change. They did not add any cost to do this.

Thank you. We are trying this and getting the run around. They are saying they have to charge us for adding the additional person. Did you just call reservations? They seem to have no clue what we are talking about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter