SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

Thank you! Yeah, we are going to AK for 8am EMH, so the bus would leave at 7:30am if what I’m seeing is correct. I’d be ok with that.
We were there last week...we took the bus to AK with no problem, once we got thru bag check we just headed over to Navi' River had about a 20 minute line...not bad from what I have seen

Just back! If you have any questions, I will be happy to try to answer. We ate dinner at the buffet every night the food was good and it helped to save some money. On Carnival night the kids got their face painted for free (I tipped) which was great because they were wanting to do it in the park and I was able to say you can on Thursday at the hotel

Just back! If you have any questions, I will be happy to try to answer. We ate dinner at the buffet every night the food was good and it helped to save some money. On Carnival night the kids got their face painted for free (I tipped) which was great because they were wanting to do it in the park and I was able to say you can on Thursday at the hotel
What were the wing flavors on Sunday night? Dumb question but trying to plan Father’s day.

Anyone know if you can use an AAFES gift card in the shopette? I don’t see why not, but you never know. Thinking of saving those Military Star bonus gift cards for souvenirs.

Has anyone bought park tickets and/or MNSSHP tickets through SOG for this fall yet? I have an Annual Pass but my brother doesn't, and we also would obviously need party tickets. Last time I was at SOG magic bands were not yet a thing...so I am not well versed with the part where they send me a ticket order form (?!)... I'm at 99 days out right now just trying to figure out when/what to expect, thank you!

Has anyone bought park tickets and/or MNSSHP tickets through SOG for this fall yet? I have an Annual Pass but my brother doesn't, and we also would obviously need party tickets. Last time I was at SOG magic bands were not yet a thing...so I am not well versed with the part where they send me a ticket order form (?!)... I'm at 99 days out right now just trying to figure out when/what to expect, thank you!

Yes, I've bought park tickets for an August trip and also MVMCP tickets for a weekend in November.

I got my email and order forms 4 months in advance this time around, is normally 2 months out but I think they've recently backed it up so that guests can book their FP at the 60 day mark. If you want me to forward the email to you with the instructions and ordering forms, send me a PM.

I’m trying to get our SOG reservations linked to MDE so we can make our FP. I had no trouble with our room- DH’s name automatically imported and I was able to change the two random SOG names to DD and me. The problem is coming with the rooms DH sponsored for my parents and my grandma. My mom tried to link her reservation, and it automatically imported DH’s name as the first guest in the room, and there is no way for her to change it to her name. She could edit the second guest name to my dad’s name, but not the first. She called WDW and the CM told her that the first guest listed has to be DH. She said that because of the “Rule of Inheritance” DH is the only one who can make FP reservations, and he can pick who he makes them for. My mom tried to tell the CM that this doesn’t make any sense and that she needs to change the name in MDE so we can make the FP reservations, but the CM just kept insisting she had to follow the Rule of Inheritance. My mom asked her then how DH is supposed to make FP at 60 days for people not listed on the reservation, but the CM would never answer the question. So, my mom called me and asked what she should do. I thought that maybe if she called back and got another CM she could get it straightened out, but I wanted to check with the experts here for advice first. I’d appreciate any help. Our FP booking opens up in just a few days. I don’t think my mom even tried to do anything with my grandm’s room, but if it automatically imports DH’s name like it did with my parents’ room, she will be in the same situation with that one, too.

I would probably try to get it changed to be on the safe side, but if you can’t I think you’ll probably be ok. Last year we had 2 rooms with 6 people at SOG before they included SOG in the 60 day window. We were traveling with another family of 3 that was staying on Disney property. When they went to book their fast passes at 60 days out, they were able to book them for those of us staying at SOG as well due to us all being linked in MDE.

I would probably try to get it changed to be on the safe side, but if you can’t I think you’ll probably be ok. Last year we had 2 rooms with 6 people at SOG before they included SOG in the 60 day window. We were traveling with another family of 3 that was staying on Disney property. When they went to book their fast passes at 60 days out, they were able to book them for those of us staying at SOG as well due to us all being linked in MDE.

Thanks! I’m still confused as to how it will work without their names listed, but hopefully it will. :)

Hi everyone! I am 98 days out from my trip! I am staying at SOG and called the ticket office a couple of weeks ago to ask about getting the ticket order form. They told me that they are behind on getting the order forms out. Would anyone who has recently ordered mind sending me one? My email is kreynoldsnurse@gmail.com. I will be going somewhere without cell service for a few weeks and would like to go ahead and get mine in. Thank you!!

Hi everyone! I am 98 days out from my trip! I am staying at SOG and called the ticket office a couple of weeks ago to ask about getting the ticket order form. They told me that they are behind on getting the order forms out. Would anyone who has recently ordered mind sending me one? My email is kreynoldsnurse@gmail.com. I will be going somewhere without cell service for a few weeks and would like to go ahead and get mine in. Thank you!!

Check your email in about 5 minutes....

I’m trying to get our SOG reservations linked to MDE so we can make our FP. I had no trouble with our room- DH’s name automatically imported and I was able to change the two random SOG names to DD and me. The problem is coming with the rooms DH sponsored for my parents and my grandma. My mom tried to link her reservation, and it automatically imported DH’s name as the first guest in the room, and there is no way for her to change it to her name. She could edit the second guest name to my dad’s name, but not the first. She called WDW and the CM told her that the first guest listed has to be DH. She said that because of the “Rule of Inheritance” DH is the only one who can make FP reservations, and he can pick who he makes them for. My mom tried to tell the CM that this doesn’t make any sense and that she needs to change the name in MDE so we can make the FP reservations, but the CM just kept insisting she had to follow the Rule of Inheritance. My mom asked her then how DH is supposed to make FP at 60 days for people not listed on the reservation, but the CM would never answer the question. So, my mom called me and asked what she should do. I thought that maybe if she called back and got another CM she could get it straightened out, but I wanted to check with the experts here for advice first. I’d appreciate any help. Our FP booking opens up in just a few days. I don’t think my mom even tried to do anything with my grandm’s room, but if it automatically imports DH’s name like it did with my parents’ room, she will be in the same situation with that one, too.

When the reservation is pulled from SOG into Disney it just has the number of people on the reservation, and if you contact SOG reservations and see if they can increase the number of adults on each reservation as needed then wouldn't that be a workaround? The price of the room is not based on number of occupants and it's not like you can make additional FP reservations for a single person.

Heads up for anyone that is between 30-60 days out and have made your FP reservations - the issue with SOG reservations dropping out of MDE is not fixed.

I have been checking it every day since I made my FPs a couple weeks ago, has been fine each day until today, and today both reservations were gone.

Thankfully the FP reservations were still there so I added the SOG reservations back in and hope all stay in place, but will be checking them every single day.

How was the room remodel work going? Could you tell where they were or how far they are?

My July reservations disappeared again!! Im so frustrated! I am an annual pass holder and have two trips booked for July. The 1st is at SOG and the 2nd is at BLT. Everytime the SOG res disappears I get an email threatening to cancel FPs for the last 2 days of our 2nd trip. I’m on the phonenow with IT and they cant figure it out. They are promising that if the FPs disappear, theycan be reinstated with no problem. We’ll see what happens.

My July reservations disappeared again!! Im so frustrated! I am an annual pass holder and have two trips booked for July. The 1st is at SOG and the 2nd is at BLT. Everytime the SOG res disappears I get an email threatening to cancel FPs for the last 2 days of our 2nd trip. I’m on the phonenow with IT and they cant figure it out. They are promising that if the FPs disappear, theycan be reinstated with no problem. We’ll see what happens.
This is our same situation. My brother and I are doing SOG in Sept and he has a huge family trip at BLT in December, and SOG keeps dropping off his. I have an AP already and we just bought one for him and linked it, will activate in Sept. I am going to be watching like a hawk around our FP+ date...ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter