SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I have not really wandered over to the pool area yet. I was planning on doing that today, but got sidetracked trying to hunt down new shoes. Long story.

I think someone here at Shades was trying to say hi the other day. I have a lime green hidden Mickey on my door and someone moved it. If it was you and you were saying hi ... HI back! :thumbsup2

I know it was discussed earlier in this thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. What range of room numbers is "most convenient" to getting in and out? I assume we will walk over to the Poly for the monorail, as well as take the SOG bus when needed. Going with three little boys and a stroller, so the less walking, the better.
Also, what is the view from these rooms?

It looks like I'm going to be taking a trip with a couple of friends and I think we are going to stay at SoG. It will be me and 2 of my best friends and one child (2 years old) and I need room suggestions. Would you choose a standard room or poolside with private patio? We'll be going for 3 nights in late June and I would at the very least need a ADA room with tub.

I've only stayed at Shades once and we were in the Palm section, but I am open to suggestions from those that visit regularly. I want to go ahead and book before all the good rooms are gone.

And it would seem that my January trip is not going to happen. I'm so bummed. Bummed. Bummed. Bummed. I've said a few swear words already.

:sad:

Sooooo sorry to hear that. Sending Mickey hugs your way.

Your mickey hugs might have worked. our trip is probably back on, in some form or another. Our daughter just got accepted into DCP so we're now forced to get her down there in January. Coincidence? I think not. :lmao: Mickey Magic is more like it.

Your mickey hugs might have worked. our trip is probably back on, in some form or another. Our daughter just got accepted into DCP so we're now forced to get her down there in January. Coincidence? I think not. :lmao: Mickey Magic is more like it.

YAY for Mickey Magic! :thumbsup2

YAY for Mickey Magic! :thumbsup2

I know. I'm not sure what the whole plan is. I don't really have many details, she's a grownup, she'll tell me I guess. LOL. But I anticipate getting her down there and settled by myself and then a few weekends later doing our mini trip. Her move in I think is during marathon weekend and it's a bad weekend for my son to be out of school since he has midterms the following week...so no go.

Looking for help. Just booked our first trip to Hale Koa. Any good sources for information?

Our daughter just got accepted into DCP

Yeah!!! I loved my time as a WDWCPer. I have copies of my school photo with Mickey in front of the Castle & diploma hanging on my wall at work. I always get asked about it and I love telling folks about the program. You'd think it would be more well known, but I rarely meet anyone who has heard of it. I wish the Internet had existed back then. LOL

Does she know what she'll be doing yet?

Yeah!!! I loved my time as a WDWCPer. I have copies of my school photo with Mickey in front of the Castle & diploma hanging on my wall at work. I always get asked about it and I love telling folks about the program. You'd think it would be more well known, but I rarely meet anyone who has heard of it. I wish the Internet had existed back then. LOL

Does she know what she'll be doing yet?

oh yes, she has her assignment, and she's excited. I'm on the fence about it. It's really not a good move for her at the moment with school, and financially it's really not a great situation for her to be in.

oh yes, she has her assignment, and she's excited. I'm on the fence about it. It's really not a good move for her at the moment with school, and financially it's really not a great situation for her to be in.

Just curious, did she get a job she wanted? Always wonder about that. We talked to a CP that had gone down hoping/expecting to be in entertainment of some kind and was working transportation.

Looking for help. Just booked our first trip to Hale Koa. Any good sources for information?

http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/

we loved this website when we were planning our HI trips. Hale Koa is nice and there is a ton to do on Oahu. The Honolulu traffic is murder but it is worth it to rent a jeep and go exploring. Military can drive through Kolekole (sp?) pass where the japanese snuck in to bomb pearl harbor. Have a great trip

Everyone of us staying at SOG and using the military passes.. what do we do about Magic Bands and Fasspass+?:confused3 Are we just left out?:crazy2:

Everyone of us staying at SOG and using the military passes.. what do we do about Magic Bands and Fasspass+?:confused3 Are we just left out?:crazy2:

I think this is the great unknown :( Sounds like we get left out until they figure out what to do with us.

http://www.alternative-hawaii.com/

we loved this website when we were planning our HI trips. Hale Koa is nice and there is a ton to do on Oahu. The Honolulu traffic is murder but it is worth it to rent a jeep and go exploring. Military can drive through Kolekole (sp?) pass where the japanese snuck in to bomb pearl harbor. Have a great trip

Thank you!!! There is a lot of info out there but I can't find a site like this to ask specific questions.

That's what I thought.....:scratchin

I was hoping they would make some kind of an arrangement where we could get the bands through like the Poly. The only thing it would not connect with would be access to our rooms. But they could put our tickets and credit card on it since our tickets are Disney tickets and not Shades tickets. I would think something like that would be easy to arrange. But maybe there is a lot more to it than that. :confused3

Getting ready for my third stay at Shades. Excited but also nervous about how the FP+ is going to impact our mid-November trip. With 2 kiddos I really like the extra room in the Shades rooms, but part of me wants to just book a Disney room to get in on the MB action. I love Shades though and have always had great stays.

Getting ready for my third stay at Shades. Excited but also nervous about how the FP+ is going to impact our mid-November trip. With 2 kiddos I really like the extra room in the Shades rooms, but part of me wants to just book a Disney room to get in on the MB action. I love Shades though and have always had great stays.

We just got back from two weeks at Shades and had a blast! Don't worry about the fast pass situation. I was a bit concerned too but, even though the crowds were pretty heavy (make that, very heavy) for most of our stay, we never had to wait in line very long, even on the rides that offered the FP+ and bands access. Of course, they were still in the testing phase and not open to all Disney resort guests. But I am sure you won't have a problem, especially in mid-November. The crowd level should be pretty low at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter