~~~SEWING my way to POFQ ~ American Girl outfits & Custom Park Bags! ~~~

I will stop back in later to reply to all the posts... I am just doing a quick drive-by because we are home in between DH's appts... Our morning hasn't gone well. Since DH is a Vetran, we had to go to the VA, because his back is service connected - well, there wasn't a single Dr. there that could see him - and the poor guy can barely walk. So we made an appt with his primary care Dr. at our family clinic - which we have to pay for OOP. :sad2:

Anyways, I wanted to post outfit #50... Sleeping Beauty for Carol (Rubberduckyranch)... I was so excited when I got home a few minutes ago, and saw that V had finished the clip for me. :lovestruc

aIMG_1868.jpg

And just so everyone knows... I am never making this outfit again. :rolleyes1 It takes me 6 hours if I hand embroider it, and it takes me longer to applique. If you realllly ever want this outfit - you'll have to sweet talk me for a long time. :lovestruc

D~

I will stop back in later to reply to all the posts... I am just doing a quick drive-by because we are home in between DH's appts... Our morning hasn't gone well. Since DH is a Vetran, we had to go to the VA, because his back is service connected - well, there wasn't a single Dr. there that could see him - and the poor guy can barely walk. So we made an appt with his primary care Dr. at our family clinic - which we have to pay for OOP. :sad2:

Anyways, I wanted to post outfit #50... Sleeping Beauty for Carol (Rubberduckyranch)... I was so excited when I got home a few minutes ago, and saw that V had finished the clip for me. :lovestruc

aIMG_1868.jpg

And just so everyone knows... I am never making this outfit again. :rolleyes1 It takes me 6 hours if I hand embroider it, and it takes me longer to applique. If you realllly ever want this outfit - you'll have to sweet talk me for a long time. :lovestruc

D~

sorry about your DH appt....love how our country support our vets NOT!!!
hope your primary can give him some relief :goodvibes

ok I'm just gonna say it.......OMG :banana::banana::banana:
that is soooooo cute! can't even imagine all the work it took you, 6 hours :worship: bow down to your patience level.....Carol is a lucky lady getting this outfit!! V did a great job on the clip!

LOVE IT!!!!!! can't say it enough. My offer still stands too -- I will digitize when you get an embroidery machine for trades!

D~ just sent you a message at your other place....do you think you want /can make another cruella before the holidays Megan LOVES it!
let me know.

aIMG_1868.jpg

D~
Very pretty! Love the butt ruffles!

I am very sad to hear about how your dh was treated at the VA hospital. This really angers me. All these promises to our vets are for naught. I'm just making my dh stay in forever b/c we get decent active duty treatment. He's NOT allowed to retire next summer! He actually is thinking about staying in anyway since the economy su¢!s.

So do you have to make extra outfits now to pay for the doctor's bill?

I've seen the Donald in Mexico - but the line was just too long - even for Donald. :( One of my favorite family photos from our last trip is with Frontierland Donald - he loved me a lot. :cloud9:

th_image336.jpg

I will check out All Ears... I am still not 100% sure how this whole Dining Plan thing works, I am definately going to have to do more research on it. I have a feeling - just the way that some of our ADRs are planned - I might end up paying for an extra CS meal on one or two days. I always find I am super hungry at WDW because we exert so much energy walking all day. We also plan to bring some breakfast foods (pop tarts, oat meal breakfast bars) for the mornings that we have early lunch ADRs. We did this on our last trip, and it worked out well - it was just enough to get us to lunch.
Hope you get to see Caballero Donald on this trip! LOVE that photo of your family with Frontierland Donald!

I think the buffet breakfast meals that you have booked are $26.99. At Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch I had the Colony Salad-field greens with grilled chicken, apples, pecans and cheddar cheese ($14.49) and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake ($6.49) and ice tea ($2.69) was less than a buffet. And we didn't all get desserts so even less average/person.

For snacks you might want to take a look at www.minimus.biz I've used them several times. They have all sorts of travel and individual size items. I order my personal care products from them and then I don't have to worry about that stuff in the suitcase and then they also have a HUGE selection of snack items. Just about every cereal you can imagine plus all sorts of other snack food. If you order $20 they have free shipping so I just ship right to the resort. They are on the West Coast so I order about 2 weeks before the trip to be sure it is there waiting for me.

I think you'll also be surprised by how much food the DDP is. There may be times when you share 2 counter service meals with desserts for lunch and then have an extra CS meal that you can use with some snack credits for breakfast. I find I tend to not want to use my CS & snack credits too much at the start of the trip and then I end up with more than I can use.:laughing:

aIMG_1868.jpg

D~

So sorry to hear your DH couldn't see anyone that could help him at the VA. That just isn't right.:mad: Hope your family clinic can find something that will help him.

:worship:Love your Sleeping Beauty! LOVE those time consuming fairies! So wonderful!!!

This is also the store where a man set his baby (wearing just a t-shirt and diapers which were definitely FULL) on the conveyor belt. Ewwwww!!!!

Complete time waster... but I love peopleofwalmart.com. It amazes me what people will go into Walmart looking like.

D~

Sorry to hear about your hubby. I've been out of the Medical Billing field for the 2 1/2 years I've been home with Chase but you might want to check with the VA about being able to get them to pay for your appointment to see your regular MD since they didn't have a MD available. It will probably be a hassle and take forever to get reimbursed but might be something to look into.

While we were at the Lake over the weekend (which I didn't want to go to) I fell on the wet steps. It's been kinda nasty here in Georgia. You would think with all the extra padding it wouldn't hurt so much but I'm pretty sure I've "bruised my butt". lol.. it hurts sooo bad. I just hope I'm 100% by Sunday b/c we leave for Orlando.

Everything must be going fast!! I went to your etsy store after I saw you were going to list on facebook and didn't see anything posted. Love the 2nd Mickey outfit and I have no idea how you have the patience to hand embroider things but it really pays off.

I'm glad to hear everyone loves Tuskar House.. that's our ADR for Friday. I'm excited to go since I haven't even been to Disney since they built Animal Kingdom and changed MGM to Hollywood Studios. Has anyone ever eaten at the Pizza Planet in HS? I really want to go there but if it's not worth it, I'd rather skip.

All your planned ADRs sound wonderful. We really enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast but Donald doesn't visit the tables, you only get to take a picture with him before the meal. You can purchase the photo or just have them take a picture on your camera.

well since I don't sew, no wally world for me....I've never been in a nice, clean, organized one! I'll stick to Targets and our local store Fred Meyer's which has everything, one stop shopping!

I ♥ love the Walmart in North Conway NH. They have a huge selection of fabric and I can't wait to get there when we go up for Columbus Day.

I've seen the Donald in Mexico - but the line was just too long - even for Donald. :( One of my favorite family photos from our last trip is with Frontierland Donald - he loved me a lot. :cloud9:

image336.jpg

D~

We love the characters too. Luckily the kids still love seeing them. My DS6 said we are meeting Mexican Donald first thing, as he was quite upset we didn't get to see him this time. It's funny because out of nowhere this is now his favorite character.:confused3

But I already have my outfits planned. Bows & Clothes has Fiesta Donald as an applique.:rolleyes1

aIMG_1868.jpg

D~

Love this one too. Only 49 more to go and it has only been a few days:woohoo:

ADR's look great! Tell A I said, "Fabulous job!" :thumbsup2

I've never been to Cape May for any meal - I thought about it for this trip, but since it's themed on a New England Clam Bake, I was afraid it'd be too "Disneyfied" for us, rather than what we're used to at a real clam bake.
Tusker House breakfast before the park opens is a MUST for us. I think I could eat my weight in breakfast there (and I know I eat a lot there, because I never need another meal until late in the day afterwards - even with doing the whole park after breakfast!).
Other than that, the only other places we've eaten is LTT and ChefMickey's. LTT was a lunch for us and I remember the food being good - the company, :headache: not so much (it was a trip with the ILs). Chef Mickey is one place that Phalen asked we go back to this trip and as of yet, I've been unsuccessful getting us a ressie that would work.

OK - must go now! Soaking wet hair and today is my first day back at work after summer vacation!!! Wish me luck herding cats!!!!

Thanks for all the reviews. :) I hope you had a great day back at work. :thumbsup2

Hi ~D! Glad I found your PTR! Love watching all your creations. I have to keep Lucy away from the thread....she hasn't had any new wardrobe editions since I started Fall sewing. Subbing so I can come back and read later....only got to page 3 before the kids got restless.

Welcome! I am glad you found my PTR... yes, don't let Lucy see the thread - could be dangerous. :lovestruc

We've eaten at Crystal Palace, 50's Prime Time Cafe, O'hana and Liberty Tree Tavern and Tusker House but not always for the same meals you are eating there. When we at at Tusker House for lunch we got special priority seating tickets for the Finding Nemo show, which was great! I am not sure which one I would pick to pay for oop but I agree to check the prices on All Ears. I would imagine that one of the breakfasts would be the way to go. If you are planning to bring some breakfast foods with you, then you probably won't have to pay for anything else. In fact, when we did the dining plan, we ended up with several snack credits leftover to use up on the last day. The kids got a few of the Mickey rice crispy treats to bring home for some friends or teachers (who were very nice about letting us take time off from school). At the 50's Prime Time Cafe, make sure you get the s'mores for dessert. They were delicious! And the waitresses were so funny too!

See, and I am worried that we will run out. I'll probably hoard them until the last day because I am afraid to run out of food - then we'll have so many we won't know what to do. :rotfl2:

hope the dr appt goes well so your DH can be mobile again!

can't wait to see the next creation!

well I'm not the customer....hmmm who is the mystery person :confused3

Me too... we'll see how the Dr. goes this afternoon.

Nope, not the customer this time... but that's OK. :) It's always fun, no matter who I am creating for. :lovestruc

I love my Aunt's Walmarts in Arkansas she lives about 10 miles from their headquarters and they are fabulous. I only go to Walmart for Fabric here LOL.

D~ I am joining in and guess I know where I will be doing some of my Xmas shopping.

Yay - Christmas shopping! I love the holidays. :lovestruc Welcome Chiara - I am glad you found my PTR. I can't wait to see all the pics from your trip. :lovestruc

So after totally trashing our Walmart in my previous post, today I had to go out shopping for a plain white t-shirt in a size 6/6x. I went to Target, Kmart, Kohls and Penneys. Those stores were a mess and not one of them had a suitable shirt. I finally went into Walmart, expecting a disaster after the holiday weekend. But no, the store was cleaner than I'd ever seen it and they had a stack of t-shirts in the right size! Plus, the shirt cost about a half of what similar shirts (although not the right color) were on sale for in the Kohls, which was right next door!

I shouldn't laugh, but it figures that WM would have exactly what you needed today. :thumbsup2

You need to come join us on the Disboutiquers thread (it's under the family section). We'd love to see pics of your dd's creations!

I agree! :thumbsup2

D~ we did Tusker and CP breakfasts. Tusker was my dd's favorite meal (but I had made her a gorgeous hand appliqued dress with Daisy and Mickey on it so that added to the attention -- though she got way more attention at Park Fare). It was soooo cold the morning we did CP that I don't even recall if we got pics in front of the castle :confused3 We ate at Boma too but I can't say how fabulous it was or not -- it was a bad day with something that happened in the afternoon and I ended up just leaving the restaurant early -- I couldn't eat. The little I did eat was fabulous, but I would have loved to have tried everything. My favorite restaurants are all the ones in Epcot that my kids wouldn't be interested in. Good thing my sister used to live in FL when I was single so I'd visit every couple of months and we'd always do a day or two as Dis. I couldn't even tell you how many times I'd been there. I hate that my dh doesn't like Dis, but I already warned him that if our house sells before the spring dd and I will be absent for a week. I already made her an outfit!

I am glad about Tusker House... I've always wanted to go there, because of my man Donald - but it's always booked. Now, this time, I am staying at a Disney resort... I'm bookin' at 180 + 10, I gotta have a chance this time. :lovestruc

sorry about your DH appt....love how our country support our vets NOT!!!
hope your primary can give him some relief :goodvibes

I know, it's very annoying. Especially since he works there, and would NEVER think of treating anyone the way he was treated!

ok I'm just gonna say it.......OMG :banana::banana::banana:
that is soooooo cute! can't even imagine all the work it took you, 6 hours :worship: bow down to your patience level.....Carol is a lucky lady getting this outfit!! V did a great job on the clip!

THank you... I do love how it turned out... it's just a lot of work. And a lot of squinting, because those appliques are tiny. :lovestruc

LOVE IT!!!!!! can't say it enough. My offer still stands too -- I will digitize when you get an embroidery machine for trades!

Yay... and I'll still do trades.

WOW D, that is just beautiful. I am following along on your trip report and am really excited to see all 52 outfits Thank you for sharing:goodvibes

Yay - glad you made it over! I'm excited to see all 52 outfits as well. :banana:

D~ just sent you a message at your other place....do you think you want /can make another cruella before the holidays Megan LOVES it!
let me know.

GOt your message, sent you one back.

Very pretty! Love the butt ruffles!

Thank you. :lovestruc

I am very sad to hear about how your dh was treated at the VA hospital. This really angers me. All these promises to our vets are for naught. I'm just making my dh stay in forever b/c we get decent active duty treatment. He's NOT allowed to retire next summer! He actually is thinking about staying in anyway since the economy su¢!s.

So do you have to make extra outfits now to pay for the doctor's bill?

I agree, it's very frustrating how they are treated. I just don't get it. That's why we went to our family Dr. We knew he'd take care of him. He is home with a bag full of meds, and hopefully some of them give him some relief.

No extra outfits for the Dr. bill. That's what FSA is for. LOL :thumbsup2

D~

Hope you get to see Caballero Donald on this trip! LOVE that photo of your family with Frontierland Donald!

Thank you - it is my favorite... mostly because Don's big butt hides mine. :thumbsup2

I think the buffet breakfast meals that you have booked are $26.99. At Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch I had the Colony Salad-field greens with grilled chicken, apples, pecans and cheddar cheese ($14.49) and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake ($6.49) and ice tea ($2.69) was less than a buffet. And we didn't all get desserts so even less average/person.

For snacks you might want to take a look at www.minimus.biz I've used them several times. They have all sorts of travel and individual size items. I order my personal care products from them and then I don't have to worry about that stuff in the suitcase and then they also have a HUGE selection of snack items. Just about every cereal you can imagine plus all sorts of other snack food. If you order $20 they have free shipping so I just ship right to the resort. They are on the West Coast so I order about 2 weeks before the trip to be sure it is there waiting for me.

I think you'll also be surprised by how much food the DDP is. There may be times when you share 2 counter service meals with desserts for lunch and then have an extra CS meal that you can use with some snack credits for breakfast. I find I tend to not want to use my CS & snack credits too much at the start of the trip and then I end up with more than I can use.:laughing:

Thank you so much for all these excellent tips! I've bookmarked them to double check in a few weeks, and re-read when I need some good advice. :) Excellent reminder about the desserts - I forget that the lunches and dinners come with desserts. Although, we are all really big eaters... Alli had a friend over a few weeks ago, and she barely ate 2 bites of pizza - I couldn't believe it. We must have looked like cave men to her, because we all have very healthy appetites. :confused3

I wonder if some of the desserts are somewhat portable? So we could take them with us and eat them later??? Should I bring an empty container for just this purpose??? :confused3

So sorry to hear your DH couldn't see anyone that could help him at the VA. That just isn't right.:mad: Hope your family clinic can find something that will help him.

Yes, they medicated him pretty good. It's very frustrating, because all the Dr.s keep diagnosing him with back muscle issues, but the actual issue is his discs - but no matter how much you tell them that, they keep treating it as a muscle issue. :confused3 I am no medical expert, by any means - we just need to really push for the VA to start treating this problem rather than just medicating it to "get him through". Sorry - I just want to grrrrrrr.

:worship:Love your Sleeping Beauty! LOVE those time consuming fairies! So wonderful!!!

Thank you. :lovestruc

Complete time waster... but I love peopleofwalmart.com. It amazes me what people will go into Walmart looking like.

I know, me too. LOL

Sorry to hear about your hubby. I've been out of the Medical Billing field for the 2 1/2 years I've been home with Chase but you might want to check with the VA about being able to get them to pay for your appointment to see your regular MD since they didn't have a MD available. It will probably be a hassle and take forever to get reimbursed but might be something to look into.

We plan to do this. We are just trying to get him walking straight for the time being. We are very fortunate that this happened over his holiday weekend, or he'd be missing work - not that he doesn't have a lot of sick time to use - but he still doesn't like to miss. Hopefully he starts feeling better tomorrow, so he can go back to work on Thurs.

While we were at the Lake over the weekend (which I didn't want to go to) I fell on the wet steps. It's been kinda nasty here in Georgia. You would think with all the extra padding it wouldn't hurt so much but I'm pretty sure I've "bruised my butt". lol.. it hurts sooo bad. I just hope I'm 100% by Sunday b/c we leave for Orlando.

Oh no - this is horrible. Right before your trip too. Gosh - I hope it feels better before you leave. Here's some fairy dust for you... :wizard:

Everything must be going fast!! I went to your etsy store after I saw you were going to list on facebook and didn't see anything posted. Love the 2nd Mickey outfit and I have no idea how you have the patience to hand embroider things but it really pays off.

I love it when that happens. :lovestruc

I'm glad to hear everyone loves Tuskar House.. that's our ADR for Friday. I'm excited to go since I haven't even been to Disney since they built Animal Kingdom and changed MGM to Hollywood Studios. Has anyone ever eaten at the Pizza Planet in HS? I really want to go there but if it's not worth it, I'd rather skip.

You will love AK... I know a lot of people don't enjoy it. But my family really does - especially now that they have EE. I guess, we just take it for what it is and enjoy the atmosphere.

Love TSM at DHS - one of our favoritest rides! Although, we have the Wii game and haven't played it more than once, it was way to confusing for our little brains. :confused3

I have never eaten at Pizza Planet... We always end up eating at that little CS place over by RnR and the entrance to F!... And we always get the pizza combo - LOL. And we've eaten at 50's... which we love. And actually, maybe the girls will get the smores (can't remember who recommended them the other day)... but sorry - I am going for the PB&J icecream shake... NUM!!

All your planned ADRs sound wonderful. We really enjoyed Tusker House for breakfast but Donald doesn't visit the tables, you only get to take a picture with him before the meal. You can purchase the photo or just have them take a picture on your camera.

Bummer... I was so excited to have him come to our table... :sad2:

Maybe I'll wear my Donald outfit that day, and he will love me and come to my table????? :confused3

We love the characters too. Luckily the kids still love seeing them. My DS6 said we are meeting Mexican Donald first thing, as he was quite upset we didn't get to see him this time. It's funny because out of nowhere this is now his favorite character.:confused3

Oh, don't get me wrong, my girls love the characters... but they just get sick of seeing them 10 times every day in every park. LOL

But I already have my outfits planned. Bows & Clothes has Fiesta Donald as an applique.:rolleyes1

I can't wait to see. :lovestruc

Love this one too. Only 49 more to go and it has only been a few days:woohoo:

Thank you. You see, the thing is, I have quite a few days off of work this week, but only one day off next week - so I have to work extra hard this week, to stay caught up for next week. Make sense? :banana:

D~

I haven't eaten at Pizza Planet, but my bestie has and swears by it. . . she even has some specific combo of selections that they get every time to feed their family of 5 without each using a CS credit (does that make sense?) . . .

I ♥ love the Walmart in North Conway NH. They have a huge selection of fabric and I can't wait to get there when we go up for Columbus Day.

Random, I know, but if you have time and feel like it, the Walmart (NOT the SUPER WALMART right off 93 - the regular Walmart that's actually IN town on Rt 3) in Laconia had a decent fabric section and over HALF of it was on CLEARANCE!!!! I happened to go in there looking for something else and swung on by the fabric section and lo and behold they had that sparkly pirate fabric I'd tried to find in RI and it was only $2.50 a yard! There was only 5 3/4 yds left on the bolt and I'd planned on getting 4 yds - the guy cutting wrote the tag for just over 4 yards and told me his eyes were "bad" :rolleyes1

Thank you so much for all these excellent tips! I've bookmarked them to double check in a few weeks, and re-read when I need some good advice. :) Excellent reminder about the desserts - I forget that the lunches and dinners come with desserts. Although, we are all really big eaters... Alli had a friend over a few weeks ago, and she barely ate 2 bites of pizza - I couldn't believe it. We must have looked like cave men to her, because we all have very healthy appetites. :confused3

I wonder if some of the desserts are somewhat portable? So we could take them with us and eat them later??? Should I bring an empty container for just this purpose??? :confused3

Yes, they medicated him pretty good. It's very frustrating, because all the Dr.s keep diagnosing him with back muscle issues, but the actual issue is his discs - but no matter how much you tell them that, they keep treating it as a muscle issue. :confused3 I am no medical expert, by any means - we just need to really push for the VA to start treating this problem rather than just medicating it to "get him through". Sorry - I just want to grrrrrrr.

You will love AK... I know a lot of people don't enjoy it. But my family really does - especially now that they have EE. I guess, we just take it for what it is and enjoy the atmosphere.

Love TSM at DHS - one of our favoritest rides! Although, we have the Wii game and haven't played it more than once, it was way to confusing for our little brains. :confused3

I have never eaten at Pizza Planet... We always end up eating at that little CS place over by RnR and the entrance to F!... And we always get the pizza combo - LOL. And we've eaten at 50's... which we love. And actually, maybe the girls will get the smores (can't remember who recommended them the other day)... but sorry - I am going for the PB&J icecream shake... NUM!!

Bummer... I was so excited to have him come to our table... :sad2:

Maybe I'll wear my Donald outfit that day, and he will love me and come to my table????? :confused3

Thank you. You see, the thing is, I have quite a few days off of work this week, but only one day off next week - so I have to work extra hard this week, to stay caught up for next week. Make sense? :banana:

D~

Definitely wear your Donald outfit to Tusker House - Donald RARELY goes inside but he will take extra pictures with you outside :) The CM taking pictures is always (at least in my experience) super willing to take pictures with your camera too - and got some great ones of us the last time we went.

We really like AK, but it has been a stressful day the last two times we've gone (but guess who was with us both of those times??? :rolleyes1 yup - the ILs).

It makes me sad how your DH was treated :( My Dad has to deal with the VA for some of his care and they usually just deny him care - they told him to come back in 5 years the last time he went - even though he lost significant hearing from being artillery - they didn't want to give him hearing aids :sad2:

aIMG_1868.jpg

D~

LOVE the outfit! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I'm no help on the dining plan (other than passing along tips I've gotten from others) since the last two times we went we didn't stay on property. . . but I'll take notes and give you the scoop when we get back in November :)

aIMG_1868.jpg

D~
What a terrible way for the VA hospital to treat your DH. Veterans deserve the best care and attention, not the worst!

The new dress is fabulous! I love the fairies on the skirt and the ruffles on the back! It is great that your DD can help out by making the hair accessories. Neither one of my girls is quite that crafty yet.

That sounds like a great trade!

Jumping on too see all your designs which are gorgeous by the way!... But my DD has to stay away from the computer if I'm going to be looking at your thread lol! :rotfl2:

Thank you - it is my favorite... mostly because Don's big butt hides mine. :thumbsup2

I wonder if some of the desserts are somewhat portable? So we could take them with us and eat them later??? Should I bring an empty container for just this purpose??? :confused3[/COLOR]
You sound JUST like my friend and her love of Donald and his back side. Her love for Donald has us signed up for the 1/2 marathon in January so we can get the Donald medal.:scared1: Don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for this. I had both bunions removed last year-one last August and the other in November. The foot I had done in August still hurts more. It was bad today because it is raining. BUT....on my trip while my feet hurt the first few days they actually got better as the trip went on (in they past they just kept getting worse and worse). So I guess I better get out and get training. I did about 80 miles on my trip but I didn't do 13.1 miles in 3 hours.

I haven't done the meal plan in a while but I do know that a lot of the CS desserts are prepackage-so transportable and they will allow you to substitute for things like fruit-but I don't know if all places have fruit. I think some places will even let you get a bottle of water as a dessert.

Do you go to the Fryeburg Fair?

D....don't give up, push the VA hard!

try to make a long story short....but here is proof to keep fighting for your DH to get the care he needs and rightly deserves!
My daddy was a WWII vet came home 30% disability pay with shrapnel in his skull and numberous other injuries. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 1998, in 2000 was mom had to place him in a care center...his primary dr told my mom he thought his injuries caused the Alzheimers...well 1 1/2 years later of mom making hundreds of phone calls and dozens of dr visits with my daddy, they proved it was the cause! he was made 100% disabled, back pay to when he was diagnosed, full coverage for all his care and my mom got a widow's benefits when he died in 2003.

so don't give up!!!!!

I haven't eaten at Pizza Planet, but my bestie has and swears by it. . . she even has some specific combo of selections that they get every time to feed their family of 5 without each using a CS credit (does that make sense?) . . .

I would love to know what this combo is. :thumbsup2

Random, I know, but if you have time and feel like it, the Walmart (NOT the SUPER WALMART right off 93 - the regular Walmart that's actually IN town on Rt 3) in Laconia had a decent fabric section and over HALF of it was on CLEARANCE!!!! I happened to go in there looking for something else and swung on by the fabric section and lo and behold they had that sparkly pirate fabric I'd tried to find in RI and it was only $2.50 a yard! There was only 5 3/4 yds left on the bolt and I'd planned on getting 4 yds - the guy cutting wrote the tag for just over 4 yards and told me his eyes were "bad" :rolleyes1

That is awesome. I wish I would get cutters with bad eyes. :worship:

Definitely wear your Donald outfit to Tusker House - Donald RARELY goes inside but he will take extra pictures with you outside :) The CM taking pictures is always (at least in my experience) super willing to take pictures with your camera too - and got some great ones of us the last time we went.

I might just have to. I know my girls would be totally mortified. :confused3 I could add my "Duck butt" hat to it, and then he'd really love me. :lovestruc

We really like AK, but it has been a stressful day the last two times we've gone (but guess who was with us both of those times??? :rolleyes1 yup - the ILs).

Would you stop bringing your ILs to Disney already! If you thought you loved it now, imagine how wonderful it would be with out them. :hippie:

It makes me sad how your DH was treated :( My Dad has to deal with the VA for some of his care and they usually just deny him care - they told him to come back in 5 years the last time he went - even though he lost significant hearing from being artillery - they didn't want to give him hearing aids :sad2:

That is just awful! DH works at the VA - and I know as a Corporate entity (I don't know what else to call it - but I know they aren't Corp.) they are working very hard to update their core roles, and how their patients are treated - it is something that is a nationwide issue. And I know it is being addressed... but it's one of those things (just like anywhere), where you have a bunch of people that think "this is how it's always been done, why change" - so it's people like that holding progress back. Not thinking that they are hurting the very people that gave them their freedom. I know, that when DH gets back to work, he will be talking to people about it - he is not one to keep quiet. I just hope he doesn't talk too much.

LOVE the outfit! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thank you. :)

I'm no help on the dining plan (other than passing along tips I've gotten from others) since the last two times we went we didn't stay on property. . . but I'll take notes and give you the scoop when we get back in November :)

I would love it if you could. :)

What a terrible way for the VA hospital to treat your DH. Veterans deserve the best care and attention, not the worst!

I agree - see my post above. :thumbsup2

The new dress is fabulous! I love the fairies on the skirt and the ruffles on the back! It is great that your DD can help out by making the hair accessories. Neither one of my girls is quite that crafty yet.

Thank you. I just keep telling them that they are my indentured slaves, until we reach our $$ goal for Disney. LOL :worship: Isn't that my job as a parent? :confused3

Jumping on too see all your designs which are gorgeous by the way!... But my DD has to stay away from the computer if I'm going to be looking at your thread lol! :rotfl2:

Welcome! And thank you! Yes, don't let your dd see this thread - it could be very dangerous! :wizard:

You sound JUST like my friend and her love of Donald and his back side. Her love for Donald has us signed up for the 1/2 marathon in January so we can get the Donald medal.:scared1: Don't know what I was thinking when I signed up for this. I had both bunions removed last year-one last August and the other in November. The foot I had done in August still hurts more. It was bad today because it is raining. BUT....on my trip while my feet hurt the first few days they actually got better as the trip went on (in they past they just kept getting worse and worse). So I guess I better get out and get training. I did about 80 miles on my trip but I didn't do 13.1 miles in 3 hours.

LOL about getting sucked into the 1/2 marathon just for Donald's butt... now that is true love. :lovestruc

I'll be rooting for you! Get out there and get training... I hope your foot gets better. It is horrible to have foot pain - it really affects your whole life.

I haven't done the meal plan in a while but I do know that a lot of the CS desserts are prepackage-so transportable and they will allow you to substitute for things like fruit-but I don't know if all places have fruit. I think some places will even let you get a bottle of water as a dessert.

This is good to know. I was thinking about bringing a small zip-loc container (empty) into the parks to put dessert into, that way we can eat it for a snack later.

D....don't give up, push the VA hard!

try to make a long story short....but here is proof to keep fighting for your DH to get the care he needs and rightly deserves!
My daddy was a WWII vet came home 30% disability pay with shrapnel in his skull and numberous other injuries. He was diagnosed with Alzheimers in 1998, in 2000 was mom had to place him in a care center...his primary dr told my mom he thought his injuries caused the Alzheimers...well 1 1/2 years later of mom making hundreds of phone calls and dozens of dr visits with my daddy, they proved it was the cause! he was made 100% disabled, back pay to when he was diagnosed, full coverage for all his care and my mom got a widow's benefits when he died in 2003.

so don't give up!!!!!

I am so glad that your mom was able to get the reimbursement that both her and your dad deserved. It is just too bad that your dad didn't get to enjoy it too.

We just found out last week, that DH's disability rating was done wrong, and his file was lost 6 years ago. His VA dude (I don't know all the military acronyms) is in the process of resubmitting his disability - with back pay - as well. It will probably take years before we ever see the $$. I guess I don't really care about the $$ - I just want him to get the care he deserves.

He is feeling a bit better this morning. He got up and made the girls pancakes and bacon for their first day of school. :lovestruc Hopefully he loosens up over the day today.

D~

D,

We always use the dining plan. I don't see how we could ever do Disney without it! If you have any questions...I'll try to answer.

For us, the portions are so large, that we usually get two CS meals for the three of us (of course, DH gets his own meal!) We don't 'cheat' like that for TS meals, because we do a lot of buffets, but we can usually get at leat one more meal out of the plan....

Nini

I really wanted to do a Disney "Now and Then" post - which I still may do at a later date - because I just love that photo thread.

But for now, I am just going to do a "Then" post. All it is, is me reminiscing about when my girls were little... Their first trip to WDW in 2003. Allison was 5 and Victoria was 4.

This was the girls' first flight:
IMG21-1.jpg

IMG22-1.jpg

We stayed at the Hilton Grand Vacation Club by Sea World... It was a gorgeous hotel, absolutely gorgeous.

We had our own kitchen, and the girls had their own bedroom. We also had our own bedroom with a hot tub in it (I didn't take any pictures of that).
IMG18.jpg

IMG20-2.jpg

You will see, in a lot of these pictures - that Miss Victoria has always had a mind of her own - and when Victoria is cranky - everyone should be cranky - the probelm with our family, is we don't fall for it and just go on normally - which makes her even more mad. LOL
IMG11.jpg

But when Victoria is happy - then everything is right in the world...
IMG07-1.jpg

IMG23.jpg

IMG04.jpg

IMG17-1.jpg

IMG20-1.jpg

Victoria is the wet one in the pink outfit:
IMG09-1.jpg

Now, Allison, OTOH - is always happy...
IMG12-1.jpg

IMG21-2.jpg

IMG21.jpg

And, remember how I said, every picture of the girls together, is preceded with the phrase "pretend you love each other girls"...
IMG14-2.jpg

IMG07-3.jpg

IMG11-1.jpg

IMG06-1.jpg

IMG08.jpg

THis one especially... I am saying it as I am sitting down, and Josh is snapping the picture (A bit early, I might add).
IMG09.jpg

And a few family shots for good measure...
IMG07-2.jpg

IMG13.jpg

IMG20-3.jpg

IMG12-2.jpg

MNSSHP 2003:
IMG12.jpg

Full size pic of my avatar pic:
20.jpg

Josh singled out of the crowd to be walked over by the ladder guy:
IMG10.jpg

Then Victoria singled out of the crowd to spin plates... she still talks about this. (I guess I didn't upload the plate spinning ones, just the one leg ones - LOL)
IMG20.jpg

On one leg:
IMG19.jpg

And, with my 2nd favorite guy:
IMG17.jpg

D~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter