September-Detroit-hurricane!! I have the solution!!

parkers*momma

**This spot reserved for something witty that I ma
Looks as though the hurricane/tropical storm season is in full force!

Earl, Feonia, Gaston, and now Hermine is trying to be born....and we are heading down on the 9th of September. Hoping my first day on vacation isn't at the Detroit Airport.:lmao: Or getting derailed to some other airport other than Orlando. I just want to be sitting at my resort watching the storm come in for the night.

So I have come up with the solution:

If you happen to be flying from Detroit on September 9th....and there is a middle age red-head flying the plane...please forgive the rough landing! Yes folks, I am going to high-jack the plane, we WILL get to Disney, and your first thrill ride will be with me! And what a ride it will be!!!

Ohhh and if I'm flying the plane, means my rules so feel free to smoke your cigarettes, walk during take-off & landing, use your cell phones to call loved ones (they should be high on your priorities on the 9t), and by all means-the drinks will be free as you are going to need them! Last thing I need is uptight riders so drink as much as you need to make this the most enjoyable flight you have ever had. So kick back and enjoy the ride if Delta just tries to cancel our flight! And remember, thank you for flying the Mad Maddi's Airlines where even Mother Natures cowers!

Captain Maddi
zero crash landings to date

ohhh and if you have any knowledge of flying, I am looking for a good co-pilot who wants to make sure we get to WDW on the 9th.

Only qualification: Must have a DYING desire to get to WDW no matter what!

ohhh and if you have any knowledge of flying, I am looking for a good co-pilot who wants to make sure we get to WDW on the 9th. Only qualification: Must have a DYING desire to get to WDW no matter what!

Well, since I survived a DC-9 plane crash, I might be a good candidate.

I don't have much experience but I really love you itinerary and would be willing to give it a go!!!!!!:lmao:

We will be leaving the 9th as well, but from Chicago, so if you want to make a little detour and pick up our family I would love to be your co-captain, my DH would probably take you up on your offer as well since he loves flying and I will most likely be one of those drinking the entire flight :rotfl: I am having this fear that come next Thursday our flight will be delayed and we won't be able to get to Disney, that would be such a bummer and is making me mad now just thinking about it :sad2:.

Well, since I survived a DC-9 plane crash, I might be a good candidate.

WOW...that is scarey! I think you would be a great co-pilot as you have experience on what NOT to do.;)

I don't have much experience but I really love you itinerary and would be willing to give it a go!!!!!!:lmao:

hehe-co-piloting or keeping the party going in the cabin?:rotfl:

We will be leaving the 9th as well, but from Chicago, so if you want to make a little detour and pick up our family I would love to be your co-captain, my DH would probably take you up on your offer as well since he loves flying and I will most likely be one of those drinking the entire flight :rotfl: I am having this fear that come next Thursday our flight will be delayed and we won't be able to get to Disney, that would be such a bummer and is making me mad now just thinking about it :sad2:.

Actually, it looks like Gaston has been downgraded. We might make it on just fine. If it doesn't, heck I'll already be in trouble with the law so a lil jag to Chicago can't hurt!:banana:

You go girl! I/we were just about at that point in 2008. Flight was scheduled to leave Houston at 1:35 PM the afternoon Hurricane Ike :scared1: was scheduled to arrive in nearby Galveston! Airline kept telling us the airport would NOT shut down until possiblity 3-4 that afternoon so we'd be fine. DD was VERY nervous (as well as her good friend whose family was also going to WDW on the same flight) so she had DS-I-L, her friend and myself on the phone checking for earlier flights. DS-I-L (who happens to be "King of the BS" if you get my meaning) managed to "sweet talk" an agent into changing our flight free of charge to 7:30 in the morning. Only catch was we'd have to fly into Tampa and drive to Orlando. We ALL (10 of us minus my DH who happens to be a county official and had to "stick around home" in case there was hurricane damage to take care of) grabbed the last seats on that flight and within a couple of hours were on our way to Houston for the overnight stay at an airport hotel. Didn't want to risk the highway being shut down for evacuation traffic OUT of Houston! Got a couple hours of sleep and headed to the airport at 5:30 AM; had a great flight into Tampa and arrived at the Poly almost 2 hours before our original flight was scheduled to LEAVE. And ... by the way ... they DID shut the airport down earlier ... we WOULD have been "stranded" by about an hour! :eek: "Upside" of the whole ordeal: I got our room all to myself :cool1: for 3 days; DH was able to get one of the first flights out of Houston when the airport re-opened and our area (unlike Galveston/Houston area) sustained very little damage. After all the stress turned out to one of the best vacations ever! :thumbsup2
Moral of this story: Go with the flow! If ya have to fly the dog-gone plane yourself go for it :rotfl2:. I'll be marking my calendar to check the national news channels that day for a story about a "crazy red head flying a plane to Disney World"!:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter