September crew... what are you doing?

Don’t forget it’s Magical Dining Month! There’s 120+ restaurants that participate, many at DS and both the high end restaurants at the Swan & Dolphin. $35 a person for a 3 course meal. We’re going to places we would never splurge on since our Deluxe Dining package got cancelled!
The only restaurant that pops up when I go to the website is STK in DS. Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not listed yet?

I just called and spoke to a CM about transferring my res to January. Since my current res was for AoA + MNSSHP and HS, I wanted to upgrade to a package. Apparently their system doesn't allow that at the moment. I can transfer my room only reservation, but I can't yet upgrade to a package. CM said I probably would be able to do that in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. Third time is a charm for this trip?

I just called and spoke to a CM about transferring my res to January. Since my current res was for AoA + MNSSHP and HS, I wanted to upgrade to a package. Apparently their system doesn't allow that at the moment. I can transfer my room only reservation, but I can't yet upgrade to a package. CM said I probably would be able to do that in a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed. Third time is a charm for this trip?
so they didn't let you buy tickets? tickets have been for sale since Sunday for 2021.

Last edited:
so they didn't let you buy tickets? tickets have been for sale since Sunday for 2020.

I know. That's why I called now. But they said I couldn't yet upgrade to a package from a room-only res (with a HS ticket) because the package system doesn't "talk" to the room-only system and the work-around they've figured out won't yet work in this strange new world.

We decided to postpone from the end of September this year until mid-April 2021. Hoping most of the restrictions are behind us by then. It's our kids' first visit, so we don't want it to be a watered down experience without character meets, fireworks, or parades.

The only restaurant that pops up when I go to the website is STK in DS. Am I doing something wrong, or are they just not listed yet?
They aren’t listed yet. They usually start showing up around now, maybe in a few weeks. I know Blue zoo & Milanos usually participate. Last year DS restaurants included The Edison, Enzos Hideaway, jaleo, Wolfgang Puck, Paddlefish & Morimoto. I’ve made several reservations in anticipation and will switch around if they’re not participating

How do you know which restaurants are participating in Magical Dining month?
The list will be out soon. It’s on the “Visit Orlando” page. DS restaurants last year were Paddlefish, Masimoto’s, Enzos Hideaway, The Edison & Wolfgang Puck. Blue Zoo & Milano at the Swan & Dolphin are usually on the list too

I've near enough given up on my September trip. I'm there for the last two weeks, but, being in the UK it all boils down to the flight restrictions and now the EU has imposed a ban on US citizens entering in to the EU I doubt if Tit for Tat Donnie will lift the restrictions before 2021. However, the huge increase in Covid-19 cases in Florida has me wondering why they are not locking down the state, including the theme parks, again. They closed everything down when the figures were far less and now they are having the numbers New York was experiencing in April /May and everything is staying open!?!
Personally, I think Disney and Universal should delay reopening for another month and Disney, in particular, should spend that time sorting things out a bit better.

I've near enough given up on my September trip. I'm there for the last two weeks, but, being in the UK it all boils down to the flight restrictions and now the EU has imposed a ban on US citizens entering in to the EU I doubt if Tit for Tat Donnie will lift the restrictions before 2021. However, the huge increase in Covid-19 cases in Florida has me wondering why they are not locking down the state, including the theme parks, again. They closed everything down when the figures were far less and now they are having the numbers New York was experiencing in April /May and everything is staying open!?!
Personally, I think Disney and Universal should delay reopening for another month and Disney, in particular, should spend that time sorting things out a bit better.

According to last night's news the governor says he's not shutting things down again.

Uh Universal is already open. And what exactly would Disney "sort"? The state may have a lot to sort out but we know DeSantis will tow the nothing is really happening line to his grave. So the state will be open.

Uh Universal is already open. And what exactly would Disney "sort"? The state may have a lot to sort out but we know DeSantis will tow the nothing is really happening line to his grave. So the state will be open.
I know Universal is open. As for Disney, what about Park hopper tickets already purchased and now pointless as we can't park hop. What about allowing park reservations to be made so far ahead in time, but, at the detriment for those having to cancel trips, but, unable to reschedule dates for a variety of reasons and please don't respond with the old 'tough luck' reply. Disney should have only allowed park reservations for 90 days ahead, like they are with ADRs, except with ADRs you don't need a ticket to make them.
Regarding DeSantis, when his poll numbers start tumbling when death figures start rising he'll change his tune and the US buying up all the doses of that drug won't stop the cases of Covid-19 from rising, it'll only help some of those who unfortunately contract it to recover quicker.

I know Universal is open. As for Disney, what about Park hopper tickets already purchased and now pointless as we can't park hop. What about allowing park reservations to be made so far ahead in time, but, at the detriment for those having to cancel trips, but, unable to reschedule dates for a variety of reasons and please don't respond with the old 'tough luck' reply. Disney should have only allowed park reservations for 90 days ahead, like they are with ADRs, except with ADRs you don't need a ticket to make them.
Regarding DeSantis, when his poll numbers start tumbling when death figures start rising he'll change his tune and the US buying up all the doses of that drug won't stop the cases of Covid-19 from rising, it'll only help some of those who unfortunately contract it to recover quicker.

No offense but Disney already sorted all of that. It just sounds like you haven't come to terms with their choices yet.

I canceled my trip for September 2020 and haven't rebooked yet. Don't forget you're on a Disney chat board where a lot of people go at least once a year (and sometimes have multiple trips). I'm sure that when I'm ready to rebook Disney will have room for me. From what I've read on most of the threads here people going in the next couple of months were able to reserve parks and make dining reservations without too much issue.

Sept 4-7 - Art of Animation (previously a Free Dining Recovery package, now with 35% hotel discount but required to buy tickets that we don't need) - might cancel
Sept 25-27 - Polynesian DVC (rented points) - definitely going on these dates as we cannot get our money back on the rented points

We have 2 day base tickets on our Sept 4-7 package that was required to get Free Dining. If we cancel the tickets, we lose our room discount. 3 of us already have annual passes that don't expire until July 2021. However our daughter just turned 3 so she will need a ticket or annual pass and we have no other way to purchase that currently. Will Disney let us put all of our package tickets towards purchase of an annual pass for her? Or change all the tickets to her name so she has 8 days worth of tickets and we could use on future trips??

We are still in holding mode. Moved from POFQ Sept 15-20 to CBR, not thrilled about the move. Only plus is the Skyliner. Still time to watch and see what happens. Next week will start getting exciting with Parks opening, seeing crowds and reports.

We canceled August. I live in Westchester, NY. When covid was bad here, it was really bad. Where I live, everyone knows someone who lost their lives to this. It’s everywhere here. Florida’s numbers right now are matching NY’s at its worst. And NY was in shutdown, Florida isn’t. Would anybody have gone to a theme park in the middle of all that in NY?

Waiting. Booked Sept 13-21 at POFQ, which is not one of the resorts opening. I called last week to rebook and they put me at CBR with 35% discount. I am still going, but deep down think that by Sept we will in another wave, so I don't think going will possible. I don't mind the restrictions and really would like to go. And with the discount, the cost is not that bad. With flights so low, I want to go somewhere/anywhere. I can't wait to read folks experiences when they open on the 11th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter