• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

I had booked for a "standard car" 9/17-9/23 with Alamo Insider and came up to $282. My husband is in the NRA so I tried his discount on top of the Insider. I used 7015317/AD7377SJ and saved $15, then I used 7015317/AFS312AAX for a free day and I received a $34 total savings!

I booked Sept 26 to Oct 3, standard car, using BJs code & 1 free day coupon. Also Insiders member. Started at $265, have gotten it lowered to $232.

I'm hoping to get it under $200.

I booked a mid size thru priceline for 14 a day sept16-19th.

total was 97.92 from Hertz :D

Not as good as my $12.00 a day for a midsize in may.. but can't complain.

Not as good as I got last year but I just got a minivan for $32/day from priceline total for 10 days with taxes was $460.40. I also needed a midsize so I got one for $12 a day for a total of $225 for the 10 days. The minivan is thru hertz and the midsize thru alamo.

Alamo charges at the end of the rental period, when the car is returned. I card is required to reserve the car, however.

has anyone had any luck with Alamo picking up/dropping off at the Car Care Center on property? We would need a car (compact-fullsize) for pickup Sept 27th-Oct 1st (early morning drop off, only using the car for a portion of the trip). I think I'm looking at $150. I would love that to be cheaper!

I just got a Midsize through Priceline and Hertz for $12/day for 9/11-9/22; comes out to $231 including fees/taxes. Here's how I did it:

I bid $10 for a Compact and it didn't get accepted. Then I bid $10 for an Economy and won that. It then let me upgrade to Midsize for $2.00/day. HTH. Too tired of waiting on Alamo rates to come out. You used to be able to get Mastercard discounts or AP discounts a lot earlier. Now they don't seem to effect the rate until it is really close to vacation. I can't stand having that just hanging. So to recap, I got a Midsize for 11 days and 23 hours for $231 including all fees 55 days out. :cool1:

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for sharing your Priceline winning bid. $12/day for mid-size is a good rate. Now that you have your car rental reservation, one less thing to keep checking on and worry about. :)

I just got a Midsize through Priceline and Hertz for $12/day for 9/11-9/22; comes out to $231 including fees/taxes. Here's how I did it:

I bid $10 for a Compact and it didn't get accepted. Then I bid $10 for an Economy and won that. It then let me upgrade to Midsize for $2.00/day. HTH. Too tired of waiting on Alamo rates to come out. You used to be able to get Mastercard discounts or AP discounts a lot earlier. Now they don't seem to effect the rate until it is really close to vacation. I can't stand having that just hanging. So to recap, I got a Midsize for 11 days and 23 hours for $231 including all fees 55 days out. :cool1:

Good luck everyone!

Thanks for sharing your Priceline winning bid. $12/day for mid-size is a good rate. Now that you have your car rental reservation, one less thing to keep checking on and worry about. :)

Exactly. The more I pay ahead, the less I have to worry about while on vacay. Take Care!

has anyone had any luck with Alamo picking up/dropping off at the Car Care Center on property? We would need a car (compact-fullsize) for pickup Sept 27th-Oct 1st (early morning drop off, only using the car for a portion of the trip). I think I'm looking at $150. I would love that to be cheaper!

We have used partial trip rentals from Alamo at Car Care Center a few times. Always worked real smooth. With their shuttles they can drop you off where you wish. They have taken us to a resort, theme park, etc. Out of curiousity I checked rates from/to MCO those times and they were comparable to rates we received using car care center.

BTW our experiences were in September as well and the Car Care Center was not busy at all.

Hey guys, this morning I received an email from price line that I had bonus cash that expired at midnight. I have been trying to find a good deal for our September trip, but everything has been so expense. Well with this bonus cash offer I was able to get a standard from Hertz for 8 days at $144. I don’t know if anyone got the email, but today may be the day to bite the bullet.

On a side note, what is a standard at Hertz?

I got the same email and was also thinking about biting the bullet. What was your per day bid?

Right now I have the entertainment book Contract ID as well as a free double upgrade coupon. After everything is said and done (taxes, surcharges, discounts, etc.) our total is $340.85 from 9/21 to 10/1. That's $174/week plus $26.77/day for the additional 3 days.

I'd put good money on the possibility of getting a better deal as we get closer to September. Remember, it's slower down there in general (maybe not for DIS members) so there should be decent rates coming up.

My plan is to try and get a full size car for as cheap as possible through Alamo and see what I can get an SUV or minivan for through hotwire or priceline. Alamo and National always seem to have the best rates for me.

Hey guys, this morning I received an email from price line that I had bonus cash that expired at midnight. I have been trying to find a good deal for our September trip, but everything has been so expense. Well with this bonus cash offer I was able to get a standard from Hertz for 8 days at $144. I don’t know if anyone got the email, but today may be the day to bite the bullet.

On a side note, what is a standard at Hertz?

Yeah....I think it IS time to bite the bullet and go with Priceline. I did not receive the email, but I know I can reserve a car for cheaper than what I have now. $471.00 through BJ's/Alamo for 9 days is just way too high! I just hate that Priceline is non-refundable. But hey, cant complain if I can save $$$$.

Anyone use contract ID 5001725 for National? The contract ID for EC is 5007125 so this is just a bit different, but it gives a HUGE savings at MCO & can't find anything about it anywhere except forums where people mention the code...

Thanks for all the great information above. I have paid way too much for rental cars in the past and you all clued me in on ways to do better for our next trip.

I got a full-size car from Alamo via Priceline for $12/day (plus taxes and fees) for a week plus in mid September. My first offer was accepted immediately so I'll try bidding lower next time.

Thanks for all the great information above. I have paid way too much for rental cars in the past and you all clued me in on ways to do better for our next trip.

I got a full-size car from Alamo via Priceline for $12/day (plus taxes and fees) for a week plus in mid September. My first offer was accepted immediately so I'll try bidding lower next time.

Big Kid - so do you know what the final price is including all fees?

I just modified my National reservation for pickup at the Dolphin. I used 5125601 and nf5817ZDT. Right now for 4 day rental I have $120.46 for a midsize. My dates are Sept 29 to Oct 3, 2011.
We use the pick up service all the time. You do have to have advance reservations for the shuttle, but we have never had a problem. Pickup and dropoff is easy. I'm picking up at Dolphin instead of car care center since we are staying at BCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter