• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*September Car Rental Rates* 2011

frannn

<font color=blue>please stop the madnesssss alread
I see August and Oct car rental threads, but nothing yet for Sept. I know I'm not the only one going in Sept, cause the DIS crowds are usually present then :goodvibes. So, I'll show you mine, and hopefully others will chime in. So far, I've got Enterprise for 11 days, standard size, for 259.25. This is through BJs, with a free upgrade coupon. Prices are over 400 now :scared1:

We're going in September. Only need intermediate for half our trip and a 7-passenger the second half. I've been shopping rates, but have yet to book. :scared1:

We are going the last week in Sept to Oct (10 days). The best rate so far is with Alamo - full size - BJ's discount - 2 car seats - $472.97 :scared1: I am also picking up at MCO and dropping off at RSW.

Hoping the price will go down!!!

Anyone having any luck with September rates? We are going the last week of September and the last time we went we got a minivan for $199 for the week. Doesn't look so good this time. TIA!

I have a 8 day reservation Sept 17-24 thru Dollar - Midsize total $202.47. I booked this in May.

I have Alamo for a mid-size Sept 17-23 for $282.96 and this is with an Insider membership. I would like to get it lower.

I booked with National, but am hoping rates start dropping soon!!!

I booked with National, but am hoping rates start dropping soon!!!

Same here! 13th through 25th, my total is just way too high right now. Have a contract ID from National (all others I try make it higher) and a coupon code from my Entertainment Book, but I sure do hope I can get it well under what it is now!

Darn National for making that Emerald Aisle work out so very well in December (got an awesome Nitro that we LOVED) that we can't seem to just follow the deals...

I just booked with Priceline.com for a mid-size from Sept. 3rd to the 17th. I got it for $10.00 per day from Hertz. This was the first time I tried Priceline-it was real easy!!! This was way better than trying discount codes and coupons. Even better than Hotwire.com. :yay::woohoo:

I have been toying with the idea of renting a car for our trip. We will be leaving in the evening time on Sept 9th to start our 18 hour plus drive.

I have an Envoy XL and figure I could save a lot on gas, but the rental prices are too high. I can't find a mid size to standard for much less than 350 for the 10 days. Maybe I'm just cheap, but I think that's a lot?

I just booked with Priceline.com for a mid-size from Sept. 3rd to the 17th. I got it for $10.00 per day from Hertz. This was the first time I tried Priceline-it was real easy!!! This was way better than trying discount codes and coupons. Even better than Hotwire.com. :yay::woohoo:

So glad you posted this! I went on Priceline and the same deal!:cool1:

I have a reservation with Alamo for $234 for a "standard" car class. I used our Insider contract id and a free upgrade coupon. The dates are 9/25 to 10/1, noon to noon. The rate is actually a weekly rate. Like the rest of you I am hoping the rates go down as we get closer. My experience has been that they really don't go down much until a couple of weeks before your trip. This year the summer rates have been very high and I am hoping this doesn't carry over til fall. Very good price for you who went thru Priceline but on such a short trip I hate to have to take the shuttle over to Hertz and also really like being able to pick our car with Alamo_Oh, I booked at this rate in January, the price has only gone up since then.

I rented an intermediate SUV for 9/24-10/1 through my credit card company (Capital One) for $184.00 for the week which includes the rental cost plus tax and fees. It is unlimited miles as well!! I was ecstatic to find the rate, but wonder if I am going to be hit for hidden fees when I get there!!

I have a reservation with Alamo for $234 for a "standard" car class. I used our Insider contract id and a free upgrade coupon. The dates are 9/25 to 10/1, noon to noon. The rate is actually a weekly rate. Like the rest of you I am hoping the rates go down as we get closer. My experience has been that they really don't go down much until a couple of weeks before your trip. This year the summer rates have been very high and I am hoping this doesn't carry over til fall. Very good price for you who went thru Priceline but on such a short trip I hate to have to take the shuttle over to Hertz and also really like being able to pick our car with Alamo_Oh, I booked at this rate in January, the price has only gone up since then.

I know Hertz used to be off airport, but I believe they are now in airport.
http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/rental_cars.htm

I tried the $10 bid on Priceline for my dates but no luck. This rate (including fees and taxes) works out very close to the rate I had in June using Alamo Insiders; $18 a day with $10 Priceline bid and $19 a day with Alamo Insiders. I don't mind paying a little more if it means I can go directly to the car and skip the counter by using Hertz Gold Service or Alamo Insiders.

Is there a way to skip the counter when using a Priceline bid if the customer belongs to the rental car companies membership plan?

Hotwire prices for my time period aren't bad (just under $24 per day total) but I'm a little too greedy right now to lock one in.

Hertz is located at the MCO airport now. I think the previous off-site location is occupied by The Parking Spot (an airport parking service).

Check your rates today if you can. I was able to save $20.00 off of my Alamo reservation for late September. Hopefully, they will continue to go down.

Did you use any special codes? The Alamo Insider $30 off is only good thru 8/27.

Check your rates today if you can. I was able to save $20.00 off of my Alamo reservation for late September. Hopefully, they will continue to go down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter