September Adults and Solo Travelers

I originally planned on going the Sept. 12-17 at the Beach Club with my DBF, but now that he's my ex-DBF :rotfl2: , I'm going Sept 27-Oct 3rd for a solo trip at the GF! :cloud9:

Anyone who's going to be there solo around that time let me know :) I'm so excited! :yay:

I originally planned on going the Sept. 12-17 at the Beach Club with my DBF, but now that he's my ex-DBF :rotfl2: , I'm going Sept 27-Oct 3rd for a solo trip at the GF! :cloud9:

Anyone who's going to be there solo around that time let me know :) I'm so excited! :yay:

Hi helloirishkitty. I will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside on the same dates as you. My first solo Trip

Tim

The DH and I will be staying at the CBR 09/08-09/15 celebrating our 8th anniversary! Would love to meet some of y'all!

I'll be at POP on my 1st solo trip 9/22-9/26.

Is there anything planned during that time?

DH and I will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and our 30th birthdays at CSR, 9/12-9/16.

Check-in 9/12 & Dinner at Ohana's
MGM 9/13
Epcot 9/14(hubby's b-day)
MK 9/15(celebrating our anniversary)
DTD 9/16 before going home

We'd love to meet up with our fellow Dis buddies.

Toya

I'll be going with a friend the first week of September. Still working on resort plans.

Hi am am new to this forum and I was reading how many people are going solo!
My DH is not a Disney Fanatic like myself and I would like to try to go by myself in Sept. maybe the 3rd to the 7th.
Can anyone give me some insight on going solo for the first time?
:banana:

Hi am am new to this forum and I was reading how many people are going solo!
My DH is not a Disney Fanatic like myself and I would like to try to go by myself in Sept. maybe the 3rd to the 7th.
Can anyone give me some insight on going solo for the first time?
:banana:

I went on my first solo trip in May '05. I had never been anywhere by myself, had never even eaten in a restaurant alone. My family swore I would never do it. Up until the night I left they didn't believe I would fly all the way to Florida and spend nine days alone. You should have seen my son's face when he dropped me off at the airport. Up until that point he actually thought I'd back out. I was a little nervous, but had one of the best trips of my life.

I got up when I wanted to, went to bed when I wanted to, park hopped when I wanted, ate where I wanted to (including two character meals), went on three tours (KTTK, Backstage Safari, and Around the world on a Segway), took my time and just people watched, rode the same rides multiple times, used the single rider lines, etc. It was wonderful!!! Since then I have made solo trips in Dec '06, May '07, and will be doing solo trips this Sept//Oct and again in Dec. I enjoy my trips with my family, but treasure my solo time at WDW. You will be surprised at just how much faster you can travel through the parks and how much more you can get done. You can also eat at places your family would not be interested in. Don't be afraid to try TS. I had never eaten alone in my life, but it was not as awkward feeling as I thought it would be. In fact, some of the best service I've ever received has been when I've been solo. Carry a journal to write in or a book to read and just relax. Because you are alone, people (and especially CMs) are more apt to start a conversation with you. I'm fairly shy, but surprisingly have had no problem finding someone to talk with on any of my trips. I'll be solo Sept 29th-Oct 7th and have ADRs for Le Cellier, Chef de France, Wolf Gang Pucks, Coral Reef, Whispering Canyon, Tony's Town Square, Concourse Steak House, and Mama Melrose. I have no tripidations about going to any of them alone and am looking forward to it.

Everyone should try a solo trip at least once. Everytime I see a family having a meltdown I can smile, walk on by, eating my Dole Whip, be glad I'm alone and able to do what I want when I want, knowing I'll be seeing my family in a few days feeling relaxed and refreshed, instead of exhausted and haggard.

aubriee, what a lovely report. I imagine you have fun anywhere you go - alone or not.

I would never be allowed to go to DW by myself but I sometimes take a day off from being a housewife now that my husband has been retired a few years and go out to eat and to a movie by myself. Felt a bit odd the first time but now I look forward to being with myself. ;)

SG

DH and I (both 26) will be at ASMu the last weekend of September, the 28th through 30th. We live in the Orlando area (about 45 min from WDW) and have never really taken a vacation to WDW due to proximity. Obviously day-tripping is much more common for us. But I just feel like I've missed out on something by never staying overnight. So we decided to try out staying for a whole weekend, just in time to take advantage of a great FL resident deal ($64/night at the Values), MNSSHP, and F&W. I can't wait!

Thank you so much Aubriee :hug: for that story. It has helped me to start planning my trip SOLO!
I love this Forum.
You guys are all so helpfull!!!! :grouphug:
I look foward to my solo trip and reporting it back to everyone.
Thanks again!!!!:)

tristessaFL, just think of how much stress you will have in not having to travel that extra hour and a half each day and then you will also have someone else to clean up after you while you go out and have fun. Be there as early as you want, stay up as late as you want!!

We are older and have often taken overnight trips to nearby destinations and it still feels like a vacation only without all the darned driving!!

Have a blast!

SG

Yes, we have done a few overnight trips around the state here and there. It's nice to not travel far, yet still feel like you are away from it all. Not only that, but it's sooo much cheaper than having to pay for airfare! Just last weekend, we were in Clearwater, FL for two nights. Our main reason for the trip was to see the Red Sox play the Devil Rays on Saturday night. So much fun! We even stopped at Downtown Disney for a couple hours on our way out of town Friday afternoon. We ate lunch at Earl of Sandwich, bought a pin to commemorate the weekend, and walked around a bit before hitting the road again.

But I'm sure last weekend will pale in comparison to our Disney weekend! I can't wait!

We will be Disneymooning Sept 2 - 11 at the Wilderness Lodge. I posted on the Illuminations cruise board but thought I would mention it here to.. we have room on our illuminations cuise on 9/5 if any one is intrested!!

tristessaFL, it seems that many things that are local to our own situation go undone simply because we think they are too easy and we will get there 'someday'. Miss out on a lot that way. One year way back when we were young and pretty near broke and dh insisted on a vacation I picked local places, packed a cooler and away we went. The kids never noticed the difference except that their butts did not get as sore and neither did our tempers. :laughing:

There is a thread on the DIS where folks match up for the cruises and such. We did this last trip and met the nicest folks. I hope you do too and congratulations!!

SG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter