• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

September 2016

Joining in! We're planning on going Sept. 3-24, unsure of exactly which dates will be where, but right now it's looking like Sept 3-10 will be Beach Club, then Sept 10-17 will be Saratoga Springs, then Sept 17-24 we'll move over to the dark side. :) This will be our 5th Disney trip, but our first time at Universal. We're debating at doing Sea World or Aquatica one day as well, so I'd love to know if anyone has been to either one, and if it's worth it or not. :)

Joining in! We're planning on going Sept. 3-24, unsure of exactly which dates will be where, but right now it's looking like Sept 3-10 will be Beach Club, then Sept 10-17 will be Saratoga Springs, then Sept 17-24 we'll move over to the dark side. :) This will be our 5th Disney trip, but our first time at Universal. We're debating at doing Sea World or Aquatica one day as well, so I'd love to know if anyone has been to either one, and if it's worth it or not. :)
Sounds good. Our first split stay of the thread! We haven't done anything in Florida outside of the bubble, but with a trip that long it sounds like fun. We have visited Sea World in CA and enjoyed it. Hopefully you'll get more feedback here.

We will be in the world from August 31-September 6th so not sure what board to technically post under. Pretty excited as it is our first stay at Grand Floridian! Any pointers/opinions would be greatly appreciated

We will be in the world from August 31-September 6th so not sure what board to technically post under. Pretty excited as it is our first stay at Grand Floridian! Any pointers/opinions would be greatly appreciated

Welcome! You are always welcome here, no matter how early you get to show up. So at you will be the first to get there, so we will all be watching for updates as we wait out the last few days before we get to head to WDW.
The GF is beautiful, and we love to visit and walk through the lobby. Having boats and the monorail to MK is great, and we enjoyed lunch at the Gaspirilla Grill.

Add us to the party! I'm going with my DH and our four daughters along with our best friends and their two grown sons. It will be a first trip with three of our daughters to celebrate their adoptions and our third trip to celebrate the adoption of one of our daughters. We were going to go in November but my hubby got a new job at UPS and he can't go in November. So poor us, we have to go two months ahead of schedule. I can't wait. It's been almost 4 years since I last went.

We are stay at CBR from 09/09/16 to 09/18/16.

Add us to the party! I'm going with my DH and our four daughters along with our best friends and their two grown sons. It will be a first trip with three of our daughters to celebrate their adoptions and our third trip to celebrate the adoption of one of our daughters. We were going to go in November but my hubby got a new job at UPS and he can't go in November. So poor us, we have to go two months ahead of schedule. I can't wait. It's been almost 4 years since I last went.

We are stay at CBR from 09/09/16 to 09/18/16.

Great! That should be a fun trip with a big group. Congratulations on the additions to your family. I can't think of a better place to celebrate. September is a great time to get to go, and it is great that it works out with the new job at UPS.

So excited to post that we'll be heading to the Beach Club 9/3-9/10!
We'll be taking our 2yr old little princess for her first trip!

Change of plans! We're booked at the Grand Floridian now!

Last edited:

So excited to post that we'll be heading to the Beach Club 9/3-9/10!
We'll be taking our 2yr old little princess for her first trip!

That's great! We are big fans of going before they turn three. Our daughter loved her first trip there when she was two, and we all had a great time too.

Your dates and resort match sahmoffour, perhaps you will meet.

Last edited:
Count me in!! We are booked Sept 3-10th at Beach Club!!!! So excited for our first deluxe resort stay! And even more excited for my Nieces first trip to wdw.. she'll be 18 months old when we go, gotta start her young! I cannot wait to experience this with her and see it all through her eyes!

Count me in!! We are booked Sept 3-10th at Beach Club!!!! So excited for our first deluxe resort stay! And even more excited for my Nieces first trip to wdw.. she'll be 18 months old when we go, gotta start her young! I cannot wait to experience this with her and see it all through her eyes!

Congratulations and welcome. Getting to stay at BC should be great, and your niece will add to the trip.

We will be at BC the same exact dates! This will be my nieces first trip, at 18 months old! We are so excited for her first trip! See ya there!

I guess BC is the place to be for those exact dates. We don't have any other exact matches like that yet. Hopefully you will get to meet.

Just made ressies for POFQ 9/10 to 9/18/16. So excited first time with my husband. First time at French Quarter too.

Just made ressies for POFQ 9/10 to 9/18/16. So excited first time with my husband. First time at French Quarter too.

Welcome! That should be a great trip. We visited POFQ last year when we stayed at POR. Grab some beignets and enjoy!

I'll be at a Poly studio September 12-21 with my parents! We're celebrating my mom's 70th birthday (9/16) and my dad's 72nd (9/20). I can't wait, first trip in any on-site resort other than the All stars.

I'll be at a Poly studio September 12-21 with my parents! We're celebrating my mom's 70th birthday (9/16) and my dad's 72nd (9/20). I can't wait, first trip in any on-site resort other than the All stars.

Welcome and congratulations! You should love staying at the Poly, and it should be a great birthday trip with your parents. You Dad shares a birthday with our daughter, just 65 years earlier. :)

First family trip planned the 12-22nd! In laws, hubby and our 4 kids will be ages 12,10,8 and 6 by the end of our trip, celebrating two kids and my own while there! Donation Pop or off site WBC for the space. 8 is just so pricy on site.

We'll be there September 4-10! It'll be our 1st stay at the Grand Floridian too :)

Has anyone started planning their ADR's?
We won't have the dining plan but plan to do 1 TS for dinner nightly.
We plan on doing
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe
Ohana
Sci Fi (lunch)
Need to decide on 2 more...

Now staying at the GF September 4-10
Couldn't pass it up! Had to switch

Last edited:
First family trip planned the 12-22nd! In laws, hubby and our 4 kids will be ages 12,10,8 and 6 by the end of our trip, celebrating two kids and my own while there! Donation Pop or off site WBC for the space. 8 is just so pricy on site.
Welcome! Either way, being at Disney will be fun. Let us know where you decide.

For us, staying on site is a big deal. We really like not having to leave the Disney resorts, and we often enjoy hanging out at the different resorts as much as spending time in the parks. We are a smaller group though, so I can see why the cost savings of being offsite would be appealing.

We'll be there September 4-10! It'll be our 1st stay at the Grand Floridian too :)
Congratulations. I will update your dates and resort from BC to GF. GF is beautiful, and having the monorail right there is great.

Has anyone started planning their ADR's?
We won't have the dining plan but plan to do 1 TS for dinner nightly.
We plan on doing
Biergarten
Cape May Cafe
Ohana
Sci Fi (lunch)
Need to decide on 2 more...

Now staying at the GF September 4-10
Couldn't pass it up! Had to switch

We have been working on our ADR list since before we booked the trip. As we discuss it more and more some make it back on the list and others get bumped, but right now here's our list in order of priority, from highest to lowest:

Crystal Palace Breakfast (before MK opens one morning)
Liberty Tree Lunch
Yak and Yeti Lunch (always a favorite)
Boma Dinner
Teppan Edo (a new one for us)
Ohana Dinner (back after not going last time)
Akershus Dinner
Garden Grill Dinner (seeing Mickey with better food than Chef Mickey's)
Trail's End Dinner

Last edited:
Paid the deposit today for WBC, got a great deal on a 3/2 presidential suite that made the choice for us. Now on the plane tickets and food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter