September 2014 car rental watch

I posted this in the August thread too.

I just rechecked rental rates for my late August, early September trip. The rate for my one way, 9 day reservation full-size from Budget went from over $200 to $141.39. I used BCD W852875 and coupon MUGZ061.

What are your dates? What size rental car. I checked our rates, and the price you quoted is what I am seeing as the base rate before any other fees and taxes.

Did you use the BCD and coupon codes? The first time I use both codes, I get an error message saying that I need to use BCD W852875 to use the coupon code. I just enter the coupon code again and update. Then, it applies the coupon. Are you sure the coupon is getting applied?

Just got an intermediate through Budget for 9/15-9/21 for $181! I used the BCD Code W852875 and MUGZ061 ($40 off) so pretty excited about that!

I Googled this code and it comes up as a Costco code. I am presuming you need to be a Costco member to use it? Does anyone know if that is the case? Would love to use it, as it gives me a great rate, but I am not a Costco member! Thanks!

Did you use the BCD and coupon codes? The first time I use both codes, I get an error message saying that I need to use BCD W852875 to use the coupon code. I just enter the coupon code again and update. Then, it applies the coupon. Are you sure the coupon is getting applied?

I did get it to take the coupon, it took a couple tries. It doesn't give me as good a rate as you got though. Though I think it is because our rental is actually for 9 days 21 hours.

:wave2:

Does anyone know which rental car companies at MCO have kiosks, that will allow us to bypass the rental car counters?

Thanks much :thumbsup2

:wave2:

Does anyone know which rental car companies at MCO have kiosks, that will allow us to bypass the rental car counters?

Thanks much :thumbsup2

With Dollar, you can sign up for Dollar Express and go directly to your car, bypassing the counters. Same with Alamo. I believe their's is called online check-in. Both require to enter your info online and have a credit card on file.

With Dollar, you can sign up for Dollar Express and go directly to your car, bypassing the counters. Same with Alamo. I believe their's is called online check-in. Both require to enter your info online and have a credit card on file.

:wave2: Thanks much

I posted this in the August thread too.

I just rechecked rental rates for my late August, early September trip. The rate for my one way, 9 day reservation full-size from Budget went from over $200 to $141.39. I used BCD W852875 and coupon MUGZ061.

Thanks.. I'd been holding off on renting & just about resigned to having to use Disney's transportation but I was able to get a $100 rate for my 8/31-9/5 trip!

Looks like we will be renting a mini van. Mini van prices through Alamo are now cheaper than two full size. We will also save on the extra fuel and toll costs associated with a second car. :drive:

Check your rates. Just got alamo full size for $123.57 through carrentalsavers.com for 9/13-9/21. It was actually cheaper than a standard size :confused3. Last night same car was $50 more.

Not sure which codes it pulled. I put in my dates at carrentalsavers.com and the rate just pulled up. Sorry, I don't have more info. It said rate details weren't available.

Not sure which codes it pulled. I put in my dates at carentalsavers.com and the rate just pulled up. Sorry, I don't have more info. It said rate details weren't available.

I go into this website and they seems to be just AD stuff...What link do i go in after i go on to carentalsavors.com?

Costco rates finally took a dip for minivans during my dates (8/30-9/9). $352. I had already booked with Priceline for $300, but having the 2nd free driver with Costco would have been worth it to hold out. Oh well, too bad I didn't have a Crystal Ball! Rates for minivans were between $500-900 for my dates for months and I didn't want to be stuck with a $700 rental as my only option. Hopefully someone can take advantage of that good rate.

Costco rates finally took a dip for minivans during my dates (8/30-9/9). $352. I had already booked with Priceline for $300, but having the 2nd free driver with Costco would have been worth it to hold out. Oh well, too bad I didn't have a Crystal Ball! Rates for minivans were between $500-900 for my dates for months and I didn't want to be stuck with a $700 rental as my only option. Hopefully someone can take advantage of that good rate.

Our dates are almost the same, just a day off set on the start/end. I recognized that price of $352 as that is what I have been seeing on mini vans for the past two days on Coscto.

I never book a fixed rate where I have to prepay. So far Costco has been very good to us. We keep watching the rates and re-book/cancel when they drop. I initially had two full size cars booked but when mini vans started dropping we booked a mini van instead. I still have a full size booked through Costco as someone reported the other day that there were mini vans in the full size isle. Just noticed that the full size cars dropped about $40 today, so I rebooked/cancelled on that one too.

Our dates are almost the same, just a day off set on the start/end. I recognized that price of $352 as that is what I have been seeing on mini vans for the past two days on Coscto.

I never book a fixed rate where I have to prepay. So far Costco has been very good to us. We keep watching the rates and re-book/cancel when they drop. I initially had two full size cars booked but when mini vans started dropping we booked a mini van instead. I still have a full size booked through Costco as someone reported the other day that there were mini vans in the full size isle. Just noticed that the full size cars dropped about $40 today, so I rebooked/cancelled on that one too.

So I have a question. We are going in 29 days :-)banana:) and have a minivan reserved through costco. If we have a full size reserved through alamo and a minivan through enterprise, how can we check if Alamo has minivans in the full size isle without checking in and paying for it? So if they don't have minivans, we can keep our minivan in enterprise?

So I have a question. We are going in 29 days :-)banana:) and have a minivan reserved through costco. If we have a full size reserved through alamo and a minivan through enterprise, how can we check if Alamo has minivans in the full size isle without checking in and paying for it? So if they don't have minivans, we can keep our minivan in enterprise?

As far as I know, the only way you will know is to have someone go out and check the isle before you checkin. One person could always stay behind in the terminal and the other could check and call or text if there are mini vans in the full size isle. If so, then checkin at the Alamo kiosk. If not, head over to Enterprise.

My first rental day is the last day of September, so I figure I should pass along info with this thread as well. I rebooked early early this morning with Budget. Just rechecked now and it's still showing same prices.

Full Size Rental
09/30 @10am to 10/07 @5pm
BCD: W852875
Coupon Code: MUGZ061 (($40 off) coupon expires 9/30)

Total of $131.45!!

Also, check Dollar with the City Special. Don't put in any codes. Click "Check for city special" when it pops up. That price would have been $150 and change. Hope this helps someone! I didn't think I was going to get below $200 for a while there. *phew* Good luck to all!

My Alamo rate with Costco dropped today.
Down to $147 for a 7day + 2hr rental Sep 10-17 for a full sized car.

Check your rates if you're booking with Alamo.
Hopefully some of you see a reduction!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter