September 17, 2006 - 11 Night Southern Caribbean Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some sad news to report. My mom has taken a turn for the worse today. She was taken to the hospital this morning, but was sent home with more pain medication. The cancer has spread into more organs. We have an appt on Friday with the oncologist to find out the prognosis. Mom is a strong believer in quality of life so my guess is there won't be anymore treatment. Sorry to be a downer :sad1:

On a happier note, we are really looking forward to seeing Bob and Cheryl tomorrow :yay:

Thanks for everyone's continued prayers and support!! I'm so lucky to have you all :goodvibes

Tracey sorry about your mom. You and your mom are in our thoughts and prayers.

One of the ladies that is at our table for our 9/22 cruise, just lost her mom. She had fell in the tub, cracked her skull, and it went down hill from there.

Katie's mom and Katie were in Boston on vacation, and some bozo tboned her car. Then the POS drove off, guess that he didn't have any insurance. Rather than have her drive a rental home with Katie, we got her some plane tickets to fly back. Long story made short, she made it home this morning. Was supposed to be home last night, but due to delays and such it didn't happen. Also the airline lost one of her bags. Mike

Tracy,
We are very sorry to hear about your Mom, she and all the family will be in our thoughts and prayers. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Lynn:eeyore: and Scott

Tracy...you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Mike...gotta hate those uninsured drivers. My son and his wife had a similar situation..ugh. Hope everyone there is ok.

Tracy, receiving and sharing such difficult news is never easy. We will be in prayer for your mom and for your family. :grouphug:

Georgie + Joe

Tracy,
We are so sorry to hear about your Mom's change in condition.
All of you up there are in our thoughts and prayers.

Bob and Lee

A hot one here in Nashville today, 104°F here. Not heat index, but actual temperature. Mike

Thanks everyone! It means so much to me to be able to have all of you to help get through this. I'm going to the doctor with her today to see what can be done and we'll take it day by day.

Bob and Cheryl arrived safe and sound! Of course Bob had to pull a prank on me right away saying they got rerouted through Chicago and then got stuck there :sad2: I think we're all glad that really didn't happen because we had a great meal in our little town. Restaurant just opened two days earlier! Talked to the chef and the owners, had mostly great food (a couple issues with the desserts) and great company!

Hey Kids we did the 5K Race for the Cure today, it was fun, My time was 30.29 so getting a little faster.

We are traveling to Denver to see the Cubs and Rockies. Should be fun.

Have a great weekend.

Good Morning Everyone.
We're "On the Road Again".
In South Bend visiting with Lee's parents.
Belle had me up at the crack of dawn...."feed me, walk me" :dogdance:

SCOTT! Ya did not bring any good luck to the Cubbies! Checked the scores this morning. You got the blame.:lmao:

Great job on the 5K. I am still "in training". Actually, I have a bad ankle. No, it's a bad knee. No, it's a bad attitude. I do get dog time in most days, so I am moving.

Everyone stay cool and enjoy what's left of the weekend. Later.

The Game was fun, Cubbies lost big time. Got to see a grand slam, that was a first. The folks we are with got freebie tickets for the afternoon game today. Being a little spectator sports are really not my thing, rather be bloodied in the arena. DL ½ marathon is a few days away, feel pretty ready, will be slow but get it done.

Denver is a neat town. I gotta get my but in gear and get tickets for “Spamalot”.

Later kids.

Bob, will see how they do today. Might as well blame me, I always get the blame and am used to it. LOL

As most of ya know I don't talk much about my work but we did get a bit of press lately, I was glad I was out working when they were at the office.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug10/0,4670,TrackingPredators,00.html

Safe travels all. I am on the road again Monday for work.

Stay COOL there in the heat you guys.

Scott

Although I knew about your work, I found the article to be "eye-opening" and a little bit scary.....

Thanks for keeping the kids safe.

Thanks Guys, now on to happy things.

We are in for a Hot week here, so you all kin the mid west stand by it might contiunue your way. .

Busy day yesterday:

Morning run was 7.5 miles with a solid 12 Min Mile pace. I am feeling good about the DL ½.

Went to the local Farmers Mkt, and picked up 4 trees, and 6 six shrubberies, ( got extra shrubberies in the event we run into a Knight that says Nik…) got those puppies planted and staked out. Ya gotta stake them with supports or they will blow away. We also got some nice produce and bread.

The Extreme Makeover crew is here in Cheyenne this week, doing a place about a mile up the road from us. They are rebuilding a house and adding a kennel, it is for a private critter rescue shelter. KEWL!!!!, If they use the opening scene they were filming at the Farmers Mkt, my pick up might be in the opening. Wonder if it is worth more, Look for the maroon ¾ ton ext cab, Dodge, with a Mickey Antenna Topper.

I was going to make Fish Tacos for diner last night but friends called and we went out for a great burger.

I have work today in Denver and Lynn can go with me so we will make a day of it, thinking about trying to get to the Denver Zoo.

Getting cooler here so it might be heading east to you all folks east of us.

[Thanks for all the work you do Scott. It was nice to sit beside you on the bus. We are fortunate that there are people who do this kind of work. Have a good rest of the summer.

Hi Tracy:

So sorry to hear about your Mom and hope she is doing better today. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter