Status
Not open for further replies.
WDWLVR said:
Debbie - how is your son doing?
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Thanks for asking.
Thats one of the reasons Im so behind.
Sept was awful for us.
We had the 1000 car reapir bill right after the cruise and then 2 days after we got home DH was rushed to the hospital by ambulance because of a possible heart attack.
He has some blockage and is on lots of medicine.
Jeremy DS # 2 had an MRI on Sept 19th and wrecked his car on the way home.
Then on Sept 28 we found the results of the MRI.
its a tumor pressing on his spine.
Dr doesnt think its camcer, but it still has to come out before it wraps istself around the spine.
David DS #1 has his yealy checkup this week.
Hes a little weak on his right side and is comcerned with a knot on his head.
Im leaving for the BCV on the 20th of this month.
i so need this time away to destress.

Debbie - You and your family are in my thoughts.

Gail - I'm you're hero?!?!? How flattering. Don't idolize my Type A, Single/Childless, got to get everything done ASAP neurotic behavior :goodvibes .

Diana - Christmas Tree Shop is a NY thing and states north of there (and some in Pa). I'm going to one in December in Ma. where they originally started. Actually I believe Bed, Bath and Beyond just bought them from the original Mom & Pop owners who still live above their first store in Cape Cod. I'm about 30 mins. from the one in Spring Valley so I head up there when i can. At this point I figured it's too late to buy for Halloween, but I can get a head start on x-mas trinkets. I'll be there this Friday. Girls night out ... pizza & shopping at CTS.

Amy - How can I buy one of the pens everyone is talking about?

SUN ... I SEE SUN .... I haven't seen it for at least two weeks. Thank goodness the rain let up. DBF and I went to wedding last night and it was so yucky out. Rain is good luck supposedly :confused3

Still didn't get a CC CD - I'm so sad about it :guilty:

Off to get some stuff accomplished - I'll check in later.

Good (late) morning, everyone. :sunny: :sunny: Another beautiful day in Chicagoland -- a bit chillier today than yesterday. Sorry, Diana & Stacy, I'm not meaning to rub it in. We just have to appreciate the days as they come as they are definately numbered.

Walker & I just returned from the grocery store.....one of his favorite places to go. Almost as good as a toy store for him. He's looking forward to making "special dinner" tonight. Diana, he'll be super busy chopping up all of his vegetables with his "special" knife. ;) I really think that one of these days he's going to do something professionally with his hands. He loves to cook, loves to use screwdrivers and hammers. Monday night he'll go to his little cooking class.

Gary & Cameron left early this morning for their first Civil War Reenactment. Cameron has wanted to get involved since last summer and since he's too young, Gary has to join with him. Cameron was so excited last night. They won't be home until late and when I talked to them earlier, Cameron wanted to stay until 8 p.m. when it ended tonight. I hope he enjoys it as much as he's looking forward to it. Cameron's even trying to get me to join -- I'm not sure I'm ready for that. In fact, other than visiting Gettysburg, I've never been to a reenactment -- Cameron, Walker & Gary have been to many.

Walker has a soccer game in another hour. He absolutely loves it!! We tried so hard to discourage him based on Cameron's experience and dislike of the game. I guess we were not really thinking that Walker was a different child entirely. He has a natural talent for the game that he certainly doesn't get from the rest of his family. In fact, he gets a bit upset with his teammates if they are goofing around and not paying attention to the game. Last game, Walker was the goalie, and 3 other kids were on defense. Well, the 3 kids decided to start playing ring-around-the-rosy by the goal area. Walker was fuming and telling them to get back to their jobs and stop goofing around. We are amazed at his understanding of the game -- as it's not like he's really ever seen a true game (he was only 1 when Cameron played). I'm glad he enjoys it and it's something special just for him. Being the 2nd child, I some times feel like Walker has been jipped in some ways.

I have a ton of things I want to get done this weekend. I have a daycare interview lined up for Monday night. I want to get my house straightened up and revamp my daycare room. It's definately do. We strip all the toys out of there, scrub everything down and bring in all new toys from the garage. It's certainly a day project. When the kids walk in on Monday morning, it's like they are waking up Christmas morning. Everything is "new" again. Usually Gary is around to help me drag things in and out, back and forth to the garage. I would have done it one night during the week but Gary has been working super long hours. Next week his project goes in, so hopefully life will return to a little more "normal". I really don't know how parents with 3-4 kids keep up with everything. And, I have a lot of admiration for single parents who do it all. :goodvibes

I'm a bit hesitatant to open my door Monday morning. I will not go through another encourter with the Dad of the child I terminated. Personally, I'm hoping they call over the weekend and tell me that they are not returning. I'll be more than happy to return their last weeks check to them if that is the case -- even though my contract says I'm to be paid whether the child is here or not. I'd much rather "just be done" with the situation. I know in my heart that I made the right decision, especially after last night when the Mom told me she didn't want her son her because she felt I wouldn't treat him very nicely anymore. That's a thought I will remember for a long time, even though I know it's not true. :sad1:

Debbie, I have the best thoughts and prayers for you and your family. I hope everything works out. :goodvibes

Have a great day everyone!! :flower:

Finally got my cd today. Glad it arrived. The weather here is terrible but it was great to listen to the cd and look at the photos. Thanks DCL!! Annmarie

BCVOwner2002 said:
Finally got my cd today. Glad it arrived. The weather here is terrible but it was great to listen to the cd and look at the photos. Thanks DCL!! Annmarie

I still don't have my cd :sad:
I think DCL is trying to torture me!

Stitch#1 said:
I still don't have my cd :sad:
I think DCL is trying to torture me!

I was feeling the same way. It was pouring when the mail truck pull up out front of my house. I was in water up to my ankles by the time I got to my mail box but it was worth it! Hopefully your cd will arrive on Monday. Annmarie

BCVOwner2002 said:
I was feeling the same way. It was pouring when the mail truck pull up out front of my house. I was in water up to my ankles by the time I got to my mail box but it was worth it! Hopefully your cd will arrive on Monday. Annmarie

I know what you mean about water up to your ankles. I actually saw the sun for a bit today!!! OMG!!! :sunny:

Please mister postman bring me my cd! :lovestruc

Stitch#1 said:
I know what you mean about water up to your ankles. I actually saw the sun for a bit today!!! OMG!!! :sunny:

Please mister postman bring me my cd! :lovestruc

Hey, how was the crop?

BIG disappointment here today. Our Disney Store finally reopened and today was the grand opening. I got a flyer in the store a few weeks ago and it said "Come meet our special guests" noon - 4 blah blah blah - the fine print said characters alternate every 30 minutes. So we get to the mall around 11:15 grab some lunch and head over to the spot. Where there are about 50 million people. Ok, fine, I'm a Disney professional, I can handle this...anything for my kids (and me) to get my Mickey mouse fix in between trips, right? So we stand there for a couple of minutes and the CM comes over and tells us the "rules". He then explains, Cinderella will come out first and then in about a half hour, Jasmine will replace her! HUH?? I know, I know...it never once said M+M, it said "special guests" but wouldn't you just assume it was M+M?? I mean, hey, I like the princesses just as much as the next girl, but Emma is terrified of "face characters" for some weird reason. So we left, went to the store and spend $40 on stuff we didn't really need...but we got free mickey ears....to add to my collection of 15! Still....I'm disappointed I didn't get to see Mickey.

Stacy DCL is torturing me too! I wonder if I'll even get a CD :confused3

Diana - that's too bad about your TDS experience. Everything has a more "marketed" focus since TCP bought TDS. Princesses "SELL" so I'm sure that was a major factor in deciding which characters would be present. The cast would joke (after guests would leave of course) when asked about M&M "You want to see M & M here? You want to purchase something w/ M&M on it here? Are you kidding? What do you think this is...the "Disney" store?" I mostly left because that Mickey magic was gone. I know what you mean about getting your "fix" and as a cast member at the store It did hold me over in bewteen trips but it turned into more of a "job" the past six months so I gave it up and I'll have to search for M&M elsewhere....off to Kmart, Target, Walmart, etc. :earboy2:

BTW - how did the remodeling look?

Have a Disney Day everyone :wave: !

With all of the changes at TDS, can you still get Disney dollars there? I gave my godchild some for Christmas last year so that he would have his own spending money for our trip to WDW this past June. I'd like to do it again if they still carry them. Annmarie

Diana Lyn said:
Hey, how was the crop?

BIG disappointment here today. Our Disney Store finally reopened and today was the grand opening. I got a flyer in the store a few weeks ago and it said "Come meet our special guests" noon - 4 blah blah blah - the fine print said characters alternate every 30 minutes. So we get to the mall around 11:15 grab some lunch and head over to the spot. Where there are about 50 million people. Ok, fine, I'm a Disney professional, I can handle this...anything for my kids (and me) to get my Mickey mouse fix in between trips, right? So we stand there for a couple of minutes and the CM comes over and tells us the "rules". He then explains, Cinderella will come out first and then in about a half hour, Jasmine will replace her! HUH?? I know, I know...it never once said M+M, it said "special guests" but wouldn't you just assume it was M+M?? I mean, hey, I like the princesses just as much as the next girl, but Emma is terrified of "face characters" for some weird reason. So we left, went to the store and spend $40 on stuff we didn't really need...but we got free mickey ears....to add to my collection of 15! Still....I'm disappointed I didn't get to see Mickey.

Sorry to hear it, but not surprised. All the TDS stores around here are strictly Princess/plush stores now, we don't even bother to go in them anymore.

Bring on World of Disney!

AnnMarie - They still have Disney Dollars. The newest change was no more catalog returns are being accepted.

Mark - They lost a lot of shoppers like you and Mary and me...there's not much for those of us w/o children and for that matter w/o daughters. It's sad. We just had a nice b-day dinner for my aunt and we were eating off Tinkerbell plates that we purchased at TDS many, many moons ago. They are gorgeous and were a Disney Gallery item...I wish we could still buy stuff there like that.

Public Service Announcement to all still posting on this thread.

Check your PM boxes......some need to be cleaned out. :teeth:

Bompy213 said:
AnnMarie - They still have Disney Dollars. The newest change was no more catalog returns are being accepted.

Mark - They lost a lot of shoppers like you and Mary and me...there's not much for those of us w/o children and for that matter w/o daughters. It's sad. We just had a nice b-day dinner for my aunt and we were eating off Tinkerbell plates that we purchased at TDS many, many moons ago. They are gorgeous and were a Disney Gallery item...I wish we could still buy stuff there like that.

Thanks for the information. DH and I drove to the plaza only to find out the store is temporarily closed while they move to a new and improved, larger location. Well I find this funny since they used to be in a bigger store and then down-sized to 1/4 the size and now it looks like they are going back into a store the same size as the old one! That doesn't make much sense to me.

I agree with you on the selection since our DS is now 19 and most of the stuff is geared toward little girls. I'll wait to see what this NEW & IMPROVED store looks like - probably the same as the one Diana went to!

Mark - I'd love to see a World of Disney store at our local mall. That would be great!

Annmarie

BCVOwner2002 said:
I'll wait to see what this NEW & IMPROVED store looks like - probably the same as the one Diana went to!

Bad news for you....that's what our sign said...NEW & IMPROVED. I should have known better. The new improved store is smaller and is 100% kid stuff. Mostly girls clothes, some boys clothes, the back wall is plush and a few princess (like barbie) dolls. Right now it's all Halloween costumes. I guess I'm lucky because I have two girls. If I had boys or no kids, I would have no reason to go there.

I miss the old store where you went into the Gallery room. :sad:

Bompy -- our new store is set up pretty much the way the Woodbury outlet is only smaller and without that little adult section in the back.

cgcw said:
Public Service Announcement to all still posting on this thread.

Check your PM boxes......some need to be cleaned out. :teeth:

I know you aren't talking to me. I'm STILL not popular enough to get my pm box full! :rotfl2:

Diana Lyn said:
I know you aren't talking to me. I'm STILL not popular enough to get my pm box full! :rotfl2:

Not me either. I've got a clean box but no new pm's :confused3

We can hope that the store in New York City is profitable enough that they decide to roll it out to a few other areas of the country. Sounds like a great store!

opps - mine was full. First time that ever happened. So Cindy if I was the one you were trying to pm please try again. :guilty:

I know Amy & Chris are away for the weekend, but let's keep them in our thoughts and prayers. Looks like the latest tropical storm may become Hurricane Wilma and early tracking shows it headed towards Tampa/St. Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter