• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2009 @ WDW! Be a Pop Tart 2009~come share your(Bounce Back or NOT)Dates !!!

Kristin,
I have been in a line at Pop that was about 1/2 hour + to check in. I think that was the year I came in the first day of free dining at around noon or so. It stinks when all you want to do is go have fun already.

Mary is still trying to be your BFF huh?

Glad it sounds like you are having fun despite the challenges.

Cheryl,
You travel about as much as Timmy does. lol Have fun in Georgia. Glad you got back from PA safe.

SG,
My brothers owned snakes not me. One got out and was hiding under the laundry pile I was washing and that sucker was cut into several pieces with an axe when I was done with it. Thank goodness the floor was concrete. It was a water moccasin which I did not want to get bit by. Had it been a garden snake I would have just picked it up by the tail and taken it outside. My mother was just as crazy letting them have a poisonous snake as a pet as my brothers were wanting it as a pet.

I loved that video link but could only get about 3/4 of it to download. Dial up stinks!!!
DH was laughing so hard I thought he was going to burst. Will enjoyed it too. He was laughing and saying thank goodness Hitler was never there when we were. lol

If I could get Will to enjoy homework like your grandson I would buy him new paper and pencils every week just to avoid the homework fight. How the kid ends up on honor roll every semester despite the F's for late work I still havent' figured out. This year in high school he is on soccer and knows he will loose the privilage of sports and drivers ed if his grades fall below a C at any time. He enjoys his time with all his soccer friends and really wants to drive so we will see if those incentives work for this year.

Ang

SG, thanks for the video link. Sadly though when I pulled up the page the first headline was that another performer has passed away. This one occurred during a rehearsal for Indy. :sad2:

I had a great time with Kris. It was a nice little visit. I missed seeing Mary though.

Ang, your mother allowed a water moccasin in the house.:scared1: And by the way, as I was reading your statement about picking up a garden snake I remember you chasing the frog there at Epcot to get it back in the grass where it wouldn't get hurt.:)

Cheryl, hope you have a great trip.

Hope you are all having a great week!

Hi, Everyone!

Have been meaning to check in for days, come by read the posts, then something comes up with Sophia and no time to respond.

I know our Popper in the World are having a great, if hot, time! Poor Diva Kris...I wonder if Mary had their reservations linked or at check-in asked to be put near Kris. Poor Kris...but she will handle this with grace, no doubt. :hug: Kris.

Oh, Ang, you still have dial up? Ugh...I am so sorry..and SG too, yes? Cannot even imagine...haven't had dial up since around 2000 or so... Although the Dis can be so slow might as well have dial up!!

Ya know, my friends, all this talk of snakes and such has me more than a bit worried that sil will find a job in Tampa....ohmeohmy....I want to go back to the cold where I never saw a snake....well, just that one curled up in bin in the backyard..teeny little thing...I left quickly and never saw it again...and then we did have those horrible centipedes....makes me shiver to think about those things. I rememebr sitting in the living room, laying on the couch watching TV in the dark..when out of the corner of my eye would see something dart across the carpet...I'd jump up, switch on the light and hope to find the thing...centipedes are fast buggers...horrid creatures.

Anyhoo.... Linda & Melissa ~ hope you are both feeling much better today.

Ang ~ I don't envy having a teen headed to HS. I love kids of all ages and miss traveling with that age especially, but do not miss the stress of HS. Bless your hearts - yours and his.

Cheryl ~ enjoy your travels! Nice you had a chance to visit Timmie.

Timmie ~ back in the World?? Thought September was the next visit? Can't keep up with you, girlfriend!!

Kris and TB, both at Disney, do if you stop by - keep cool and keep havin' loads of fun!

Pooh ~ hope you are doing well and almost all mended...do take care of yourself!

Bonz ~ any word on the house? Fingers crossed all goes well!

Did I miss anyone? Hope not!

Thought I'd share a blurry pic of Sophia at 11 mos - took it with my cell phone the other day and the thing will not take a clear pic. I HATE this phone!! Old one died and this is supposed to be the same phone "newer" version...NOT. Boy, did Verizon cut back. Most annoying so-called rings, ever made. Oh, well...more important things in life to be annoyed about. ;)

Here's my sweetie!
cid__0813091055_0001.jpg

Hope it is a good Tuesday, my friends. :hug:

Having fun so far, but that's stating the obvious. Thanks for all the well-wishes--only wish you could all be here with me.

Haven't seen Kris or Timmy yet, but we're still on west coast time so we tend to head out late and stay out late. Tried to swim today but they closed the pool for a thunderstorm 5 minutes after the kids got in. :headache: If dh ever gets his butt in gear we'll be heading to Epcot tonight--EMH until midnight! :thumbsup2

Talk to you all soon!

The Pop Tarts have started their bouncebacks!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana: That means my trip is coming up!!! So what are everyone's plans for next year's trips?

hey all just wondering if anyone has a code for the photopass to get it at 99bucks I had looked on line like a week ago but went to order it today and it was 145 I was like WHAT so I thougth maybe you could help me out PLEASE??? come on you all know I need the help LOL!:rotfl2::worship::hug:

Found it thanks !

Our family will be there September 26th - October 4th. We are being bad parents and taking our 5th and 9th graders out of school for a week - first year of middle school and first year of high school.

This is a trip I planned for ME as it is for a BIG birthday on the 29th. I needed to be in my "happy place" with my family and be among the pixie dust. Disney was also so kind to have a MNSSHP on my bd just for me! ;) It is our first time attending the event and we are excited. (We have been to MVMCP and a couple Pirate & Princesses parties and loved them)

We have a split stay with a couple days at Kidani and then over to the Villas at the Wilderness Lodge - Love them both!!

We will be eating at The California Grill on my bd and we have dinner reservations for every other night except arrival night.

I hope that everything works out and we have a good time. If you see a middle-aged Mom walking around with a birthday button on 9/29 come over and say hello! :)

Jill

Jill, what a wonderful way to spend a special birthday!! I celebrated my 60th (another biggie ;) ) a few weeks after the exact date, but it was so much fun. The CM at check-in insisted I wear a birthday button even tho the day had passed, so I did...and it was neat.

Have a delightful trip with your family...and a very Happy & Magical Birthday!!
icon_bdaycake.gif

Hey, it is all kinds of exciting round this place. A couple of Tarts are at our Happy Place, reporting back and giving the rest of us something to look forward to. It does not get better than that.

I have belonged to another thread for over 7 years now, the EWP Suite, and one of our founding members just bought into the DVC and got a place at the new towers at the Contemporary. Seems fitting as our thread was started as a virtual suite overlooking the very same waters! I had never even seen the EWP before lucking into that special group of ladies, most of whom I have met in person by now. I am blessed in meeting such special folks, present company included.:love:

Ang, I have chopped up a snake or two in my time as well. My brother was much younger than I and was a pain in other ways. :goodvibes Dalton has my temperament and just loves learning and neatness. He does not show signs of my bad points so far. :banana: My oldest gs who does not school work pulled off impressive accomplishments the year he was to get his driver's license. It is sure to be a great incentive for Mr. Will as well. :woohoo:

Jill, happy birthday to you, early. I am so glad that you are going to be able to celebrate as you want and have gotten the ADR's that you wanted as well. It is a sign of a fantastic trip to come. I wish I could be there to celebrate with you.:wizard:

Pooh, I know nothing about Photopasses. I take pictures of folks when I see the photographer getting left out of the picture. Folks feel comfortable in letting a fluffy grandma type use their camera, figure I am too fat to run with it.:rotfl2: Lost 5.5#;s last week but they are not real pounds. In new numbers but will be grateful to make it another 20#'s off for the year. Have to lose 30 before going to DW to make sure it is 20 by the time I get back though.:rotfl:

Hey there FF, old friend. A mom knows her kids best and the beginning of school is very missable and some kids can well afford to miss a week any old time. Family is important as well. Have a blast!

TB, hope you closed the park down. How is the rain situation? Not looking good in my newspaper but it surely is not raining the entire day. I like a good cool off myself.

M&N, what a great picture of Mickey! Did you take it?

Am I the last of the group to go to DW this year? Our plans for next year depend a lot on the economy. Probably will do the Christmas thing again as the cool weather suits me. Have been second guessing whether the free dining is worth it though as there is so much that I cannot nor want to eat. Luckily Tom will pick up the slack. :laughing:

SG

Cheryl, will you be seeing one of the concerts? I love them! Do you know the trick to keep from having to stand in line so long? Sit on the brick wall over to the left of the American CS place, there is even a water fountain there and it is near the bathrooms, wait until they drop the rope and then walk right in, just do not sit behind a tree. lol

M&N, I got high speed for myself a couple of years ago. Now that I am used to it I no longer find it that fast though. I recently got promised an upgrade from Comcast and it was super for a few days but getting slower all the time. My computer needs a defrag too so I am sure that is not helping. I live in town and Ang lives out in the country.

SG

Really liked Ohana, had a table with a castle view! :lovestruc
DS even participated in the coconut races!
Like the atomsphere @Sci-Fi but the food & service were lacking. Left before Fantasmic b/c @8:30pm it was already standing room only :eek:
Did Donald's Safari Breakfast @The Tusker House this morning...it was a mob scene to get into the park @8:20am :scared1:
Its been VERY hot and humid (Mom was a trooper but she suffered the most.)
Parents left this afternoon...I'm exhausted, taking it easy this evening...
Think I missed Timmy :headache:
but can't wait to meet thunderbird :hyper:
DH & DS asked when are we going to meet some more of your "friends" :grouphug:

Ummm, dear Diva K, why the 'quotes' around the word friends? :rotfl: Also were DH and DS looking forward to meeting them? AND, if so, were they interested in a "interested" or "interesting" way? Just wondering. :confused3

I am just funning you. Non Disers just do not understand how you can actually become friends on the boards and such. My take is that you get to know people better on line, when folks are being themselves, than you do in person because in person you are constrained to be 'normal' and few folks are that boring. :banana:

Sounds as if you are keeping busy and filling your stomach to its limits. I hope it cools down a bit and you do not have as much running tomorrow. Get some rest, Disney World will be waiting for you when you wake up, and so will your 'friends'. :hug:

SG/Linda

Cheryl, how sad. That is my favorite thing at that time of year. I am hoping that we might be able to do the fall concerts instead of the Christmas stuff next year. I was not allowed to listen to rock n roll when I was growing up so I am a big fan now. grin

Have a blast anywho!

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter