• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sept. 2009 @ WDW! Be a Pop Tart 2009~come share your(Bounce Back or NOT)Dates !!!

Melissa, I didn't realize you're still not feeling well. Hope you will be back to 100% very soon.:hug:

Ang, saw your post after I finished....nearly choked when I read about Bevis or Butthead jumping on the Thanksgiving Turkey!! Ans how nice of you to bring your mother home a Bullfrog!

I don't like spiders either...or any kind of bug. Nope, thanks but no thanks..

Thank you all for the good wishes, they helped and I only hurt a bit now. The worse thing you can do when feeling badly is to sit down and think about it. I distract myself. I am good at that ya know. :rotfl: Yep, it is lupus but that sounds so bad and I am so lucky to not have it as bad as many.

Melissa, I hope everyone was able to make you feel better too. I hope you did not have too much to do but it really does help to keep moving. During the episode it is hard to remember why though. :hug: Do you get a lot of creepy crawlies there and are they ALL protected? The ones that scare me the most would be the termites and the expense of keeping them away. Our house is termite proof, for the most part. At least the part that is over 106 years old. Would break their wittle teeth.:banana:

Ang, Tom and I have a deal. He takes care of mice and I take care of the rest. Since I am so scared of mice that I seal each and every crumb up and clean often as well as seal every crevasse we have not had many mice. The time we left for a lengthy vacation and I accidentally left the container with all the bread making ingredients unsealed, had a leak in the kitchen sink, under which I had a box of rags for cleaning was something not to be repeated. I had to put in a new kitchen, really. :scared1: Okay, might not have but I was in sore need of one any old way. It is hard being a strong woman huh? Have things improved any? I think about you all and hope for better times and soon. :love:

M&N, no Savannah? Shucks. Sounds like you had a lovely time though. Have you guys ever went to Asheville and visited the Biltmore and the Grove Park Inn? I love the Inn the most. I would not pay the prices to stay there but there are many free things and the dining room that overlooks the mountains has great food and fabulous scenery. You still have Savannah to look forward to. Does you sil take care of Sophia or do you bring her with? Happy Birthday, early!:cutie:

Diva K, stop that packing, sit down, better yet take a nap sometime today. Hope your flight is nice and check in quick and you get a room just where you want it to be. Have a blast! I know you will. :cloud9:

Got woke up early as oldest grandson needed a map printed out for him to pick up when he gets out of school at noon. Almost done mowing. At least the hard part. The church tore down a rental house a couple of years ago and made a parking lot but they do not have the money to pave it so it is overgrown with weeds and I mow it to keep the neighborhood looking good. I am thinking of chipping in for paving though. :rotfl:

SG

Hi all:goodvibes I've been MIA for over a week. Took the kids to Baltimore with my DM & Dsis. We had a nice time, sightseeing, visiting family, & eating. Boys got exposed to all types of crabs- DS#1 preferred soft shell (my fav-yum) & DS#2 still partial to crabcakes. I miss all the foods I grew up that we can't get in IN. Biggest hit were snowballs, we had one everyday:thumbsup2

SG- good thoughts for fast healing:cutie:I didn't read thru all posts but prayers on the way.

Boys start school on Mon:scared1::woohoo::eek::yay:. I have missed emotions, it is just too early. I think they are somewhat ready though. Sure it will get bloody hot next week, as we haven't had much of a summer. Usually works that way:confused3.

We have signed papers on a foreclosure in LaPorte Co. IN. It is in the country. It gets inspected on Sat- we shall see. IN has stupid regulations on foreclosures. We had to bid against ourselves, even though we were the highest bidder to begin with. What a $ maker:sad2: Now if we could only get our home sold-not looking forward to carrying two mortgages.

DH was in WDW last week for business, he stayed at CSR. The resort was dead, but he said parks were pretty full.
Miss you all & get well Miss L:grouphug:

Safe travels, Kris and have a the most Magical time ever at Disney!!

fridayani.gif

Diva K, stop that packing, sit down, better yet take a nap sometime today. Hope your flight is nice and check in quick and you get a room just where you want it to be. Have a blast! I know you will. :cloud9:
SG

Safe travels, Kris and have a the most Magical time ever at Disney!!
fridayani.gif

Thank you...almost ready, couldn't sleep last night...I'll check in before I leave
wdw.gif

I guess I missed Kris, but I hope to see her Sunday.

SG, glad you are feeling better. I am the same way, I normally keep busy so I don't realize I do not feel well.

Ang, ok, so a monitor ate a turkey. Glad I haven't seen it anymore.

Bonz, hope the inspection of the house goes well and that you sell the other one quickly. We really lucked out when moving here. Came house hunting here in Florida, then went to WDW for a week. The day before we were to come back we had two offers on the house in TX. Worked out perfectly. I wish the same for you.

M&N, sounds like you had a great time. Saw a lot of movies I would love to see. Don't think I should take Jacob though.

Oh and SG, I love Biltmore. Saw it at Christmas time and have wanted to go back to see it in it's normal glory ever since. Just the drive to the house is a site. Have wanted to stay at the hotel they have on the grounds also.

Got Jonas on the airplane today. He should be on his way now. His mother comes next week and he possibly might make it back in time to see her, so I'm hoping to keep that a secret and then surprise her with a quick trip to the airport.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Love the flair everyone! M&N--you're getting to be as good as Kris with those things! Glad you had a nice mini-vacation. It sounds fun and very relaxing.

SG & JM--Glad you're both feeling better. Linda--don't do too much mowing. All too soon those weeds will be covered in snow anyway. At least that's how I rationalize putting off yardwork, lol. JM--Hope you're able to find Kris, and I look forward to seeing you and Jacob (and Jonas, fingers crossed) on Labor Day weekend. I like the idea of surprising his mom--I'm sure it would mean a lot to her.

Bonz--congrats on the house! And hope the sale goes as quickly as the purchase, because 2 mortgages is not fun.

Ang--I should probably stay away from FL, too, as I too would likely invite all the critters in. Also like you, I'm the one who has to do all the removal. And cleanup. I don't think most men are as "manly" as they'd like us to think they are when it comes to creepy crawlies.

One more day and then we're outta here! Anyone arriving at Pop Labor Day weekend? We leave on Labor Day, and are going to have to find some poor, unsuspecting DIS'er to leave a styrofoam cooler, extra waters, and whatever else we collect. Consider yourselves forewarned. . . .:eek:

First floor, 60's building, lakeside...parents connecting! Don't think we'll have to change rooms...but have have to check-in/out tomorrow (won't bring materials to the rooms b/c they are expecting 600 check-ins tomorrow! :scared1:
Parents & DS @pool, DTD/Raglan Road tonight! :cloud9:

First floor, 60's building, lakeside...parents connecting! Don't think we'll have to change rooms...but have have to check-in/out tomorrow (won't bring materials to the rooms b/c they are expecting 600 check-ins tomorrow! :scared1:

I'll be one of the 600. Glad we don't arrive until 10 pm, and that I already did the online checkin.

Can't wait to see those of you I'll be seeing in the next couple of weeks! The rest of you will be there with us in spirit! :grouphug:

What a PERFECT location!!! And connecting rooms!:woohoo: And even checking in as late as you did - fabulous (which bldg are you in? I was in 60's bldg 5 last August).

I know you're having a blast!! Thanks for saying hi. :flower3:

I'll be one of the 600. Glad we don't arrive until 10 pm, and that I already did the online checkin.

Can't wait to see those of you I'll be seeing in the next couple of weeks! The rest of you will be there with us in spirit! :grouphug:

:woohoo: Godspeed and have an absolutely magical time!! :woohoo:

This is SO EXCITING!!!

600 checkins!:scared1: Sounds like it is going to get really busy at WDW. Glad you got everything you wanted in a room Kris.

TB, hope to see you Labor Day weekend. Have a safe trip.

What a PERFECT location!!! And connecting rooms!:woohoo: And even checking in as late as you did - fabulous (which bldg are you in? I was in 60's bldg 5 last August).

I know you're having a blast!! Thanks for saying hi. :flower3:

:woohoo: Godspeed and have an absolutely magical time!! :woohoo:

This is SO EXCITING!!!

Aw--it would be more exciting if you and the family were joining us there!

600 checkins!:scared1: Sounds like it is going to get really busy at WDW. Glad you got everything you wanted in a room Kris.

TB, hope to see you Labor Day weekend. Have a safe trip.

Me too, and I will. Watch out for monitors (the scaly kind, not the computer kind).

T-Bird & DivaK- hope your trips are as magical as they can be( without us of course):rotfl2::rotfl: Good thoughts & many, happy mickey bars:banana:

Kris, So glad to see you made it safely and got those connecting rooms. I love the 60's buildings too and have stayed in both bldgs more than once.. Glad you didn't get 80's so no worry's about disgruntled maids. lol One thing I always do if I have to check back in is to get up extra early and beat the crowds before 8am. 600 people that is like 4 buildings checking in on one day. Glad I won't be one of the 600. lol

TB, Have a safe trip and enjoy.

Melissa, Did you feed the Lizard turkey too. lol

Bonz,
I miss you!!! Isn't La Porte by the Indiana Dunes? I hope you sell your home fast and that your inspection goes well. I was talking to a lady who's DH is a realtor in our area and she said it is hard to get the forclosures past inspection but she said it is mostly due to not being kept up properly. Plus she said most houses in this area are stripped down to the kitchen sink by the owners before they lose them.

Will is back in school Monday and I am just praying he can keep up with the homework and the 2 hour nightly soccer practice. I hear the teachers are really big on lots of homework but DS isn't. He is going to miss all the fun he had this summer. I'm going to miss the freedom summers give us to get up and go wherever we want when we want.

Linda and Melissa, I hope today you are both feeling a lot better.

Ang

Liked Raglan Road Saturday night...Mom & I shared the chicken & mushrooms in the puff pastry (forget the name, maybe b/c I had a Dubliner! ;)) and had the bread pudding for dessert! Got to see one set of the band and the dancer!
Check-in was a nightmare Sunday morning...Dad & I were in line @7am and had to wait @1/2 hour...but thank goodness for on-line check-in and thats all we had to wait the regular check-in line snaked all around the lobby! :eek:
Got to EPCOT @8:30, did Soarin, FP Test Track, Space Ship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure...then we started the countries...DS did one Kim Possible Mission in Germany...IT WAS SO COOL!!! Adults should even try it!
Lunch @Teppen Edo was good...met Melissa and Jacob after and we did another Kim Possible Mission, this time in Japan! So glad they were able to come and meet us! Mom, Dad and DS headed back to Pop after lunch (it was hot!)
DH & I got a slushie in France and headed over to England for The British Invasion, 20 minute show 4 Beatles songs and 3 other British band songs (Herman's Hermits, Rolling Stones...:rolleyes:) then we headed back and had pizza & wine by the pool with everybody!
Going to MK today and Ohana for dinner! Hope to see Timmy & Thunderbird! :woohoo:
(Mary & co joined us at RR and Teppan Edo and managed to get their hotel reservation @ALL STAR moved to POP and they are RIGHT NEXT DOOR! :headache:)

Liked Raglan Road Saturday night...Mom & I shared the chicken & mushrooms in the puff pastry (forget the name, kmaybe b/c I had a Dubliner! ;)) and had the bread pudding for dessert! Got to see one set of the band and the dancer!
Check-in was a nightmare Sunday morning...Dad & I were in line @7am and had to wait @1/2 hour...but thank goodness for on-line check-in and thats all we had to wait the regular check-in line snaked all around the lobby! :eek:
Got to EPCOT @8:30, did Soarin, FP Test Track, Space Ship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure...then we started the countries...DS did one Kim Possible Mission in Germany...IT WAS SO COOL!!! Adults should even try it!
Lunch @Teppen Edo was good...met Melissa and Jacob after and we did another Kim Possible Mission, this time in Japan! So glad they were able to come and meet us! Mom, Dad and DS headed back to Pop after lunch (it was hot!)
DH & I got a slushie in France and headed over to England for The British Invasion, 20 minute show 4 Beatles songs and 3 other British band songs (Herman's Hermits, Rolling Stones...:rolleyes:) then we headed back and had pizza & wine by the pool with everybody!
Going to MK today and Ohana for dinner! Hope to see Timmy & Thunderbird! :woohoo:
(Mary & co joined us at RR and Teppan Edo and managed to get their hotel reservation @ALL STAR moved to POP and they are RIGHT NEXT DOOR! :headache:)
[/QUOTE

sounds like a wonderful time with all! just keep yourself hydrated and kool !!! don't want anyone passing out on Cinderella ya know!! :hug:

Folks, I am not sure that this link will lead you in the right direction and if it does not check out "Free Dining Has Created Chaos" on the Theme Parks area of the DIS. It is the biggest laugh I have had in a long time and 'almost' made me feel sorry for Hitler. BTW, did you know he is scared of me? Rightfully so. :mad:

Diva K, thank you for the report. It is helping me get in the mood for making our plans. Not that mine would be nearly as sophisticated as yours though. :rotfl: I do hope that your next door neighbors do not try to hijack your vacation. Is your husband made of sterner stuff than you? Even if not, use him as an excuse if need be. It has worked for me many times. I am glad you got the rooms you wanted and hope you do not have to move or stand in another huge line. Gotta love those Disney checkouts though. :banana:

Bonz, is that a short sale you are trying to buy? I have a friend in FL who is about to give up trying that as it is far too complicated and time consuming. The Midwest is a bit more commonsense though. Just remind the bank that they have monthly expenses while they are making up their mind. I hope that your home sells in a reasonable time. Remember that it is worth taking a bit less to avoid the upkeep etc. If you get the new home for less you can afford to take less. I once had two house payments for three years. It was not pretty nor fun.

TB, computer monitors can be plenty scary too, according to what is revealed on them, or not.:scared1: Shoveling snow is much harder on me even though I do not have to do it as often. Thanks for the reminder. :rotfl:

Ang, I used to have a pet snake, a big snake. You and I were wild in our youths huh? My gs looks forward to homework. He is like his dgm and likes doing such things. It is the feeling of accomplishment and the smell of new paper and pencils. :teacher:

M&N, have you figured out that darned camera yet? Movies are better than pictures IMO.

An Americorp volunteer from the CC came over to see me this morning. She would like me to get involved in the politics of the situation. All I care about is the kids, no politics for me. I am an Indian not a chief. Let someone else set the rules, I will work within them. I do not need nor want power. It takes away from the things I am able to do.

SG/Linda

Hi everyone I am checking in. Had fun with Timmy in PA. Lost AC for a little this morning but it is back now. Going to Atlanta on Friday morning - coming back Sunday night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter