Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repositioning Repossession Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your thoughts...I agree with a lot of what you've said....this thread is, indeed, unique (at least from my experience) because there are more different groups of folks who have sailed together in the past than I have ever seen in my limited experience on the DIS---and it is easy for that to start to feel a little "clique-y" (and I'm a high school cheerleading coach----so believe me I KNOW me some cliques!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: )---and I think that all of us from all the previous cruise groups are feeling the same way...and perhaps even doing it to each other without realizing it or intending to do so----because I, too, have often felt unwelcome...in fact, I have participated in this thread far less than any other meet thread I've ever been on before, for that very reason....and as I read more and more posts from folks on here I'm realizing that others are feeling the same way and that is unfortunate and unnecessary.

So I absolutely agree that it's time to wipe the slate clean, remember why we participate in the DIS and start planning on having the journey of a lifetime together!

Firstly, total respect to total angelic.Agree with above
It is horrible when you post and nobody seems to notice, our last thread, every single person(exept one) welcomed a new people, it was really sweet.
Now, and I am laughing when I type this(again i will say that is the trouble with typing) I think another cruise thread had me on ignore.:rotfl:
They kept on saying we will do ~~~~~ and I would say what is ~~~~~ I wasnt on the last cruise with you all, now I am not easily put off(like a terrrier some would say) and I persevered but it is diff to get into it with a big thread.Last week I nearly was scared away from this thread, I am so glad I wasnt!!
BuT I love to chat and I do it because I love to meet new folks.:chat:

Moving on,nh disney lover, WHat is the tag fairy????
alex and maddie, take your woolies!!

Oh Come on now , Its a DRY Heat ..:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: , I take off everything and it still doesnt seem to help , but I prefer the heat over the cold , I love the snow , but only during the Holiday and only fresh fallin snow ...not that dirty side of the road stuff ..LOL

pirate:

You take EVERYTHING off?!!? Remember this is a PG board:lmao: Kidding, kidding.
I like snow when I do not have to shovel it. Last year was the second snowiest winter on record here. The plow driver we hire could not push the snow with his truck after we got a huge storm (20 inches) which was immediately followed by hard rain and then froze into ice before dawn. It was miserable and nothign other than a front end loader could break thourgh it on the driveways. We have one four wheel drive which we could get in and out but the Focus did not leave the garage for 5 weeks. The kids and I went so stir crazy:sad2: I think I may have taken your dry heat then:rotfl2:

It is horrible when you post and nobody seems to notice, our last thread, every single person(exept one) welcomed a new people, it was really sweet.
Now, and I am laughing when I type this(again i will say that is the trouble with typing) I think another cruise thread had me on ignore.:rotfl:
They kept on saying we will do ~~~~~ and I would say what is ~~~~~ I wasnt on the last cruise with you all, now I am not easily put off(like a terrrier some would say) and I persevered but it is diff to get into it with a big thread.Last week I nearly was scared away from this thread, I am so glad I wasnt!!

Hi Leonard or Lynn (I can't tell which one of you is posting:) ) I am glad you were not scared off. I am also glad I am not the only person who got a pretty high post count before realizing what tags were:goodvibes Do you see the little colored bits of sayings under my (and many other posters) DISname? Those are tags. They are usually direct quotes (mine are--thus the typos--I have never been decent at typing) but I think sometimes not. Anway, apparently there are some posters on these boards who have the ability to put those lovely gems there. They are the Tag Fairies and may gift you with a tag when you least expect it (I had totally thought I would never have any--and thentwo popped up all at once!). It just adds some more persoanlity and silliness to the DIS.

I believe that you can do that. I'll have a Baltic to cancel (when it becomes apparent that I will not be winning the lottery in time :lmao: ) and was assured by fellow DISers that I could just transfer that $600 to this cruise.

AND...another thing I've noticed in my past meets threads...there are folks you connect with 'here' and end up hardly ever seeing on the ship! Also, there are some folks you run into over and over again, and develop an 'in person' friendship.

There are some good friends of mine on this cruise (some haven't shown up here yet) that I am very excited to see again. There are some DISers I've cruised with before, but didn't have the opportunity to spend time with, that I'm hoping to get to play with this time! ALSO, there are some fellow DISers that I have not 'met' before, but are familiar to me, as long time DISers/frequent posters and I will be very happy to finally make their aquaintance. THEN...there's all the BRAND NEW people! I think our only problem will be....is FOURTEEN DAYS ENOUGH????

Erik, that was a wonderful post. I know the DIS has enriched my life and given me some friends I will keep forever.

lol Definately going to be a problem this just 14 days thing! I know I barely got a chance to meet any disers on the EB cruise personally although I did say hi to as many as possible mainly through the lanyards.

This will be Dan's first cruise and the first time he's going to experience DIS as a whole so how involved we get I'm leaving up to him but I'm sure we will meet up with some familiar faces and some new ones if only to say hi!

Hey i know we've been taking about Fuel charges and everything but, I just got an e-mail from my TA....No not about the Fuel Charges..Just the Port Taxes have gone up 22 Dollars....:headache:

Yup. Got that one. :headache:

Additional $7.57 per person...

Whatever... I just want to be on that cruise... ;)

Erik - that was a beautiful story and I think we can all relate. I went from writing out 85 Christmas cards to over a hundred because of all our DIS Friends on past cruises. Hopefully 2010 will be even more! DH and I have VERY little family and the people we have met on our cruises have been our brothers and sisters. We would do anything for them or help out in any way that we can with anything. I think if we all look at what makes this so important and special to us, we will 1. smile and 2. know that we all can disagree because we have all come from different backgrounds, countries, religion, culture, etc. so it is okay and that is one of the fun things when we do get on the Magic, discovering and appreciating all the different people.

By the way, if it was me who ignored a new person, I apologize, I try not to do that and want everyone to feel welcome.

I know on our last Dis thread, and I don't want to make this one like that, but Hadley asked a question of the week to get everyone involved and get a different perspective. It was like Question of the Week and maybe we can learn about each other through that. I don't know if people would be interested.

I have told friends to sign up for this cruise because of the thread and the people that will be on the ship so I know we will have a great time. I think we all want to share our experiences from other DCL cruises because they were so fabulous - I don't necessarily know if it is a clique. I know there were people from the Double Dip that loved reality shows, I do not so I did not respond to those threads but it was great that they had someone to share their fun with.

I have rambled, see I can ramble with the best of them, but anyway, that is my two cents for the day and getting ready to go to our Christmas downtown in Lakeland tonight - although I am cold. By the way, thanks for letting all of us know about the OBC, fuel charges and the brillance into the Air France situation I mentioned. Much appreciated!!!!

Just to say I am a firm believer of the welcome everyone and actually scower through the posts to check I haven't missed any newbies each day (sorry if I have). I also try to make sure if people ask questions I answer them or at least bump them up so that others notice. I agree with longer/fast moving threads it can be difficult to get the nerve to post but any lurkers out there I hope will at least join the roster.

I knew I was forgetting something in my post earlier and I have just now remembered it.

Book exchange I love that idea and would love to see it done again--any which way someone wants to arrange it. I think on the TA we had two rooms who volunteered to hang the bags outside--one for adult books and one for kids' books. I remember that tidbit because Marika could never decide where her young adult books belonged:rotfl2: I think she generally checked both bags and wherever she found something else to interest her she left her latest read. NOTE--I am not saying this is the best or only way to do things. I am simply throwing out my expereince so everyone has plenty of ideas to work from. I admit that I never seem to finsih a book on the cruise as I am so busy playing:rotfl2:

I apologize to anyone who has felt that I have in any way excluded them or been being cliquey myself. I do know many people from prior cruises and threads and do tend to want to connect with them, but I also want to connect with new people and have really enjoyed a variety of posts here and want to get to know people. I have never, ever intended to tell people that they are not welcome or things must be done my way, etc. If I came off that way and made anyone feel left out or pressuerd to do it "my way or the highway" I am soooo sorry. I have really felt that way myself on this thread and I shudder to think I have hurt others in the same fashion.

i WOULD BE HAPPY to do it!! we can discuss the finer points nearer the time!

NH disney lover!! thanks, I have wondered how they got there!
It sLynne by the way.

I am going to make a sheet with folks real name and dis name so I can remember and put it next to my comp.

Any way you guys are keeping me from my work:banana:

Better go and do some!!!:eek:

Oh Come on now , Its a DRY Heat ..:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: , I take off everything and it still doesnt seem to help , but I prefer the heat over the cold , I love the snow , but only during the Holiday and only fresh fallin snow ...not that dirty side of the road stuff ..LOL
pirate:

I love snow, but I also dislike dirty snow. There's nothing better than untouched snow on a cold winter morning...that is until the paperboy runs through your front yard and then there are Yeti sized foot prints across the beautiful snow! :lmao:

I'm still waiting for snow around here...we've had flurries but nothing else. I love snow, so I can't wait! Plus I pretty much get out of shoveling this year since I'm having my ACL done in January...that pretty much puts me on the injured list for the rest of the season. :thumbsup2

I know on our last Dis thread, and I don't want to make this one like that, but Hadley asked a question of the week to get everyone involved and get a different perspective. It was like Question of the Week and maybe we can learn about each other through that. I don't know if people would be interested.

I have told friends to sign up for this cruise because of the thread and the people that will be on the ship so I know we will have a great time. I think we all want to share our experiences from other DCL cruises because they were so fabulous - I don't necessarily know if it is a clique. I know there were people from the Double Dip that loved reality shows, I do not so I did not respond to those threads but it was great that they had someone to share their fun with.

I have rambled, see I can ramble with the best of them, but anyway, that is my two cents for the day and getting ready to go to our Christmas downtown in Lakeland tonight - although I am cold. By the way, thanks for letting all of us know about the OBC, fuel charges and the brillance into the Air France situation I mentioned. Much appreciated!!!!

OH I like the question of the week idea!

I love snow, but I also dislike dirty snow. There's nothing better than untouched snow on a cold winter morning...that is until the paperboy runs through your front yard and then there are Yeti sized foot prints across the beautiful snow! :lmao:

I'm still waiting for snow around here...we've had flurries but nothing else. I love snow, so I can't wait! Plus I pretty much get out of shoveling this year since I'm having my ACL done in January...that pretty much puts me on the injured list for the rest of the season. :thumbsup2

My favourite is sitting out in the hot tub while it snows and watching the entire world turn crsip and clean and white before my eyes:hippie:
You have mentioned you are having ACL done a few times. PLease forgive my ignorance, but what is that? Some type of surgery I assume:confused3 Whatever it is, I do hope it goes smoothly.

It sLynne by the way.

I am going to make a sheet with folks real name and dis name so I can remember and put it next to my comp.

Lynn (nice to meet you:flower3: ) I THINK someone already made such a list (but I may be getting my threads mixed up). Anyone know?

Just to say I am a firm believer of the welcome everyone and actually scower through the posts to check I haven't missed any newbies each day (sorry if I have). I also try to make sure if people ask questions I answer them or at least bump them up so that others notice. I agree with longer/fast moving threads it can be difficult to get the nerve to post but any lurkers out there I hope will at least join the roster.

I do miss welcomming people quite often I am sure. If I missed any of you I apologize. On days when I am home I can follow the posts quite easily and keep up with that. But, on days when we run errands or I work (can't DIS at work:sad1: ) I tend to come home tired and just do a quick scan of posts and I know I miss alot in the process. I never intentioanlly ignore people, but I am sure I miss out as often as not on being on the welcome wagon--it doesn't mean I don't like you I promise.

It sLynne by the way.

Oh someone on here did a list a few weeks back (and as you can tell Im awful at names lol) Not sure if anyone has it or if they are around at the mo though as haven't seen the list for awhile

!!

OH I like the question of the week idea!

So do I !

Lets start with:confused3
Who need to step back from the comp and do some work?:laughing:
ME:rotfl2: Is there anyone who gets to answer no to that one?:lmao: If so I want their job:goodvibes

ME ME ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

The question of the week was always fun and it does help you to get to know your fellow cruisemates.

Okay--well a nice starting place is what is your favourite Disney character? Oh, and anyone else feel free to pop in with a new question any time you want--I do not "own" this (oh, and Orlandothebeagle--not trying to step on your asking toes eitehr--we can also answer both!).

Oh someone on here did a list a few weeks back (and as you can tell Im awful at names lol) Not sure if anyone has it or if they are around at the mo though as haven't seen the list for awhile

Wasn't it Kathy (Momx4, Grandmax4) who put together that list? I think she is on a cruise this week.

Marilyn

You have mentioned you are having ACL done a few times. PLease forgive my ignorance, but what is that? Some type of surgery I assume:confused3 Whatever it is, I do hope it goes smoothly.

The anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) is one of the two major ligaments in the knee. It connects the thigh bone to the shin bone. (I must write that that was taken right off of the webmd.com site). So once there is no ACL there, it makes the knee very unstable and it will give out and shift out of place easily. It can be very painful when that happens. Here is a little more information about the ACL and other ligaments in the knee:
http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/knee-ligament-injuries

I will be having ACL reconstruction surgery where the doctor will replace the torn ACL with a cadaver graft and that will become my 'new' ACL. It's a painful surgery, but one that does need to be done. Here's a little information about the surgery itself: http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/anterior-cruciate-ligament-acl-surgery

Hope that helps a bit! No worries about not knowing what it is...trust me, if I hadn't torn my ACL three times, I wouldn't know what it was either! :)

So my answers to my own question are:
Me (Hadley): Mary Poppins. How can you not love someone who is practically perfect in every way?!
Dave: Milo Thatch (the nerdy historian from Atlantis in case you were wondering).
Marika: Belle (my voracious reader pretty much IS Belle)
Rio: Peter Pan (but he loves ll of the fab 5 also)

ME:rotfl2: Is there anyone who gets to answer no to that one?:lmao: If so I want their job:goodvibes

Okay--well a nice starting place is what is your favourite Disney character? Oh, and anyone else feel free to pop in with a new question any time you want--I do not "own" this (oh, and Orlandothebeagle--not trying to step on your asking toes eitehr--we can also answer both!).

Oh I like this

OK well mine I have 2! My original fave was Stitch up until a few months ago when I fell in love with Walle! So much so on holiday Dan brought me 2 different Walle's and is getting me another one for Xmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter