Sept 18 2010 WB TransAtlantic Pirates/Capt Jacks Re-Repoing Repossession Cruise Pt.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will all you early packers PLEASE STOP IT NOW!

You are making this little last minute packer very stressed!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::rotfl2:

I know right. its crazy. Im definitely a last minute packer. Ill probably be packing the day we leave which drives my mom insane and i never forget anything and have everything plus some where she'll back a week before and still forget things.

On the EBTA I offered, and several took me up on it, to transfer memory cards to DVD's if anyone needed it. I will have my computer. Just leave me a note on my door! But please bring your own DVD (no Cd's).

Great idea!

Will all you early packers PLEASE STOP IT NOW!

You are making this little last minute packer very stressed!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1::rotfl2:

I am filling suitcases, but not really packing... Does that count? I have one case for each of us, and one filled with gifts, etc. My goal is to have everyones stuff in theirs by the Saturday before we leave. Then I can spend Ssturday and sunday dividing it out so that we have a bag just for Barcelona (and maybe the other cruisers t-shirts), and then 3-4 with some clothes for each - so that in the event one case doesn't make it we all still have clothing...

well you done better than me becasue I couldnt find the new one.

Part 9 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2531401

I got a Sony eBook Reader for my birthday last year and absolutely love it. If I did not have that, I think I probably would have an iPad by now. I will get one eventually, but I don't think it will happen this year.

Corinna

I have a kindle, but was still thinking iPad. I still think they look cool, but for what I do on my laptop, I went with a new laptop.

Nearly forgot - I got my documents.
And for the enquiring minds that need to know, AKA Sue, the doc were the same as the pic but instead of Castaway Club it just had Disney Cruise Line on the front.

Nearly forgot? Seriously? Really? :lmao::lmao::lmao: It wasn't just me... Other inquiring minds wanted to know!! Glad you got them!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Oh - I think we have the port situatiion figured out!! Was looking for you on skype to fill you in on how we can keep it a surprise, but you haven't been around... :confused3

I also have a Sony Reader. I love it! It means I can just tote one slim book when I travel instead of several bulky books. It will be with me on the WBTA.

Also, Corinna, I got the beads yesterday. Thanks so much for doing this for us!

Rene

That is why I love my kindle!! Still no beads here...

And it looks like more rounds of antibiotics, stay on the same meds, and if not better in 2wks (like that's gonna happen) then I have to go see another dr and get tubes in my ears.
At 41yrs old.
sigh...
AND he thinks I have ear stones? I've never heard of such!
And wants me to do vertigo exercises to help that, that basically consist of rolling around in certain positions? Also never heard of such. Learn something new everyday. LOL

I hope you can get some relief from your ear issues. Whatever the Vertigo exercises are, do them, they will help. PM me if you have other questions about them since my Vertigo is gone for now.

I made chicken soup for him for lunch again today. I freeze the broth in quart bags when I boil a chicken for salad or enchiladas so I have lots I can pull out and quickly make up some soup. He is still coughing a bit, but seems to be a bit better than the last couple of days. Dentist tomorrow, so I hope he will be able to breathe through his nose for that. :sad2: He took a nice long nap today also....I'm trying to take good care of him. :lovestruc

I do the same with the carcass of the turkeys we have at Thanksgiving. We are especially fond of turkey noodle soup with egg noodles.
Prayers and pixiedust: for Dennis to get better.

Good Morning everyone! It sounds like we are all busy packing or preparing for the cruise. I still cannot believe it is so close. I have the entire day to myself so I am just taking it easy and catching up on last minute things.

72 is beautiful weather. It is so hot in Florida today - it is yucky! Erik - hope it cools down when you are here. It is worse now than when we did Animal Kingdom a few years ago.

Thanks for the info - I am still trying to figure out if the Disney transport from the airport straight to the Port - takes you on a riding "tour" of Barcelona or if we need to do private and book a tour. But so far I have not found anyone who got in the day of and took the Disney transport to the port.

On the previous WB TA we did take the Disney transport from the airport direct to the port, and it does what it says on the tin - takes you from the airport to the port in the most direct way possible. You'll see the outskirts of the airport, some freeway and the port - and that's pretty much it. So if you want to see a bit more of Barcelona then you'll need to something else.

PostcardList-13.jpg
Ours is correct

4 weeks today we will be on our way to the airport :yay::yay::yay:

4 weeks from today we will arrive in Barcelona!!!:yay::dance3::woohoo:

Very cool! Mine are at least in the country! They should be delivered tomorrow.

Weirdly its Dan's first cruise but they printed his docs on Castaway Club stuff!

If he is in the same cabin as you that may be the reason.

Great idea!

I have skype too - if you want to add me: christmascoach

I even have it on my Blackberry so I am always available :)

Thanks for the info - I am still trying to figure out if the Disney transport from the airport straight to the Port - takes you on a riding "tour" of Barcelona or if we need to do private and book a tour. But so far I have not found anyone who got in the day of and took the Disney transport to the port./QUOTE]

On the previous WB TA we did take the Disney transport from the airport direct to the port, and it does what it says on the tin - takes you from the airport to the port in the most direct way possible. You'll see the outskirts of the airport, some freeway and the port - and that's pretty much it. So if you want to see a bit more of Barcelona then you'll need to something else.

but it was also reported that others were taken the "long way" around and given a mini tour of the city - it may have to do with what time arrival is at the airport - to keep people from being too crowded in the terminal :confused3 know one really had an answer from last time but I do know it happened last time but so far I have found no one who has taken it this time. Guess we can just go to the port and if there is not leave and go out from the port as we will still have quite a bit of time.

Krisann

Our cases are still up in the roof somewhere.

If the dogs see them they only go into panic mode.

Our scenario is basically the same. I'm usually packed by now or at least have things on the guest bed ready to pack. Not this trip... Our dog, Cocoa, sees the "red Mickey boxes" and automatically knows she's not going! Let the pay-back begin. I've started my lists. I pack from them... check, cross off, check again. We leave the 13th and arrive in Barcelona early the 15th. I just hope I've got it under control by the 12th.

Dh bought me a new Kindle for my birthday last month. Any reccommendations for what to download for the trip? Oh, we're staying the week post-cruise at Kidani so maybe I'll need a couple of books...??? Or am I dreaming of extra time on my hands that won't come to pass?

And thanks for letting us join in. This is our 6th Disney cruise and we're also booked on the Wonder Panama Canal in January!

Have a great day! I'll be lurking....

Jackie

Hi gpb_1!

Once you get to the port where the ship is docked, are there shops and/or duty free stores there? Or would we need to go back out into the city to do any (more) shopping?

Thanks,
Richard

John and I can also download your camera first onto either a DVD or a CD or if you bring one, a USB stick. If you don't have either CD's or DVD's with you, we probably will have a few extras. It is really cheaper to buy a USB stick as they are pretty cheap unless you get a lot of memory.

John says he will do it for free unless there is a huge demand then we will have to bring many extras and may have to charge a $1 or so each to do it. I am assuming most people know how to do this but if you want us to do this for you, will you please PM me so I know how many extra CD's or DVD's to bring.

If I don't hear from many people, we will just bring a few extra CD's and DVD's.

Well, I just realized on the receipt they also added $10 for what- I do not know. I wasn't informed I'd be charged that... so that's their profit, no need to also make the rate higher. Got me both ways apparently. :(

I talked to someone at our bank yesterday and this seems to be common practice. She said there was a $10 charge for the service of getting the euros for you, plus an upcharge on each euro, i.e. you pay more for each euro than the posted exchange rate.

And phooey- looks like no scuba diving for me. Been dealing with sinus and ear issues since April and although I didn't even know anything was wrong in that respect (went in originally with sore throat and hoarseness that wasn't going away- turns out was a side effect of sinusitis) - it was pretty bad and I was running fever without realizing it and everything. So now I've been on all these steroid shots & pills, 2 nasal inhalers (one steroid based), decongestants, anbitiotics for awhile, etc. and again thought I was fine... except for the vertigo when I leaned my head back or when I laid down.
So a check up yesterday and turns out the sinuses are still crap and my ears are still crap- especially the left one. Eustachian (sp?) tube on that side apparently completely clogged and he had me force air to see but on the left side it blew up like a balloon and didn't go back down (ie: the air forced in there couldn't get back out the way it was forced in)
And it looks like more rounds of antibiotics, stay on the same meds, and if not better in 2wks (like that's gonna happen) then I have to go see another dr and get tubes in my ears.
At 41yrs old.
sigh...
AND he thinks I have ear stones? I've never heard of such!
And wants me to do vertigo exercises to help that, that basically consist of rolling around in certain positions? Also never heard of such. Learn something new everyday. LOL

(he did say left ear had a lot of scar tissue and I had a lot of ear infections throughout my childhood that were basically taken care of by aspirin, oil and smoke and stuff put in my ear and law on a couch till it stopped hurting. I didn't see the dr much in my childhood.. that's for sure. I've also had always had to pop my ears a lot when flying -or else have excrutiating pain in both ears upon liftoff and landing)

so yeah. Probably gonna have to cancel scuba diving with the fam. :sad1:
That was really the only excursion I was looking forward to. The rest are all a lot of walking, looking at stuff, etc Which is all fine and good... but we like to do more water active things. LOL

Meanwhile, you're gonna see me at my heaviest weight EVER (even when pregnant with Robert- which is really saying something...) because I guess the steroids are making me gain weight. I dunno. I'm not doing anything to gain past my "top weight" that I usually stay at no matter HOW horrible I eat. Since I started the meds- just gaining left and right since April. I'll be the bloated lady waddling around- you'll recognize me for sure. Especially if I can't find any clothes that fit me and have to wear the same few clothes every few days. grrrrrrrrr (not really all that interested in buying clothes to fit this weight but sigh.... guess I'm gonna have to atleast try. Wish i was the same weight I was last year -again. sigh) I can't even fit my pirate shirt I ordered! *cries*
eh well... could be worse, could be much worse. So no more complaining from the pillsbury dough-lady. LOL

I hope your ear issues get sorted out in time; we really want all of our cruise mates to be healthy so we can all enjoy this trip.

As for the weight, it's not the packaging, it's the contents that are important!

Hi gpb_1!

Once you get to the port where the ship is docked, are there shops and/or duty free stores there? Or would we need to go back out into the city to do any (more) shopping?

Thanks,
Richard

In the area where you check-in there are a couple of shops, one of which sells alcohol (I'm pretty sure it was duty free), BUT it appears to close fairly early, as DW and I went back after the safety drill to buy something for consumption in the stateroom and the shop had closed.

So, to make a long story short, there is a place for both computers. I just personally don't like Steve Jobs so don't want to support his products. Apple had wonderful products, just not for me.

Just my thoughts....

No question about Jobs - he's a real piece of work. But in this setting, that actually works for us (most of the time) because he's not only (IMHO) a cast iron SOB, but also a stone perfectionist who won't let his engineers and software people tell him what CAN'T be done. Instead, he insists on "insanely great", and usually gets it. I'd loathe working for him, but he does produce great products.

OTOH, when Apple screws up, (as with the reception issues on the iPhone 4), they are really reluctant to own up to their mistakes. There are lots of stories about customers trying to get redress for an Apple problem to no avail. You have to love the products, sometimes, and ignore that company, odd as that may sound.

So in short, no real computer wars - that's all advertising. People pick and use what works best for them, but at least these days we have choices, which we didn't in the day of the mainframe, when IBM ruled the world, and tried to foist EBCDIC on everyone instead of ASCII. Much better now!

Meanwhile, sounds like you came from a scientific background, like mine. My Dad was a pioneering oceanographer during the days when the field was first being invented. I guess the biggest thing that would mean to most people is that I got to meet Jacques Cousteau at his office in Monaco with my Dad when I was 13. Cousteau was astonishingly tall, thin, and a gracious gentleman.

I look forward to chatting with you sometime onboard!

See You Real Soon! :flower3:
Richard

4 weeks today and we will be into our second full day in Barcelona, and looking forward to more cruise friends arriving!!!

Same for us as we arrive at 11:20 AM on Wednesday, Sept 15th. With the late hours we will be keeping in Barcelona, I consider this to be our second full day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter