*Sept 10th 2011 WB Transatlantic* From Spain to Space Mountain - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone! My dad is supposed to join my mom, me and my husband in September. He just found out he needs surgery. His hip has been giving him really bad pain. Now he has to decide to do the surgery as soon as possible to get rid of the pain. Or, to go on our cruise and hold off on surgery. He has new meds so I hope that helps with the pain and he's able to go. We went on the WBTA last year and wished he was there. I know he'd love it, but if he's still in pain it wouldn't be as much fun. Please keep your fingers crossed and send him happy thoughts. It's such a tough decision, but one only he can make.

pixiedust:pixiedust:Pixiedust coming your Dad's way. I understand what you are going through, my Dad has pains in his hips and knees, at the moment he is controlling them with powerful painkillers, but he and Mum are determined to come with me on the WBTA and then onto WDW. So I am making sure that any excursions we do are "senior" friendly, and when we get to WDW, he has agreed to let me hire a wheelchair or scooter when he thinks he needs one to get around.

So everything is cross and lots of hugs to all your family :grouphug::grouphug:

Burnice

ATTENTION LANYARD LIST AND LANYARD TEAM MEMBERS

I have finally corrected the IMG image of the lanyard list on the original post. Please check the list on the following link:

Lanyard List

Now I am adding the Lanyard team members. Please check this list and if you are missing or incorrect on either list, please PM me.

Noel

WBTA2011LanyardTeama.png

Thanks Noel, my details are correct. Again thank you for all that you are doing for the WBTA cruise.

Burnice

Lol where did that link go lynne
it disappeared right before my eyes

I thought perhaps karentan should have the honor of moving the thread when she got up this morning; didn't want to steal her thunder.

The thread doesn't automatically shut off at 250 pages.

Perhaps LindaBabe will put her Good Morning as the first of the conversation posts (after all the info posts that are already in place).

I'm thinking we probably won't need another group. I figure everyone here who's going to sign up has already done so, and as the other (another?) Pat said, Aug 1 is fast approaching. I may end up dropping out of a group or two any way, if I can't get my gifties finished, which would free up a couple of spaces. But if we do need to add another group, it will be...

Tortuga.

Or maybe Magic Kingdom.

You might be surprised at the folk who join the cruise late and want to join in on everything!!

Hi Everyone! My dad is supposed to join my mom, me and my husband in September. He just found out he needs surgery. His hip has been giving him really bad pain. Now he has to decide to do the surgery as soon as possible to get rid of the pain. Or, to go on our cruise and hold off on surgery. He has new meds so I hope that helps with the pain and he's able to go. We went on the WBTA last year and wished he was there. I know he'd love it, but if he's still in pain it wouldn't be as much fun. Please keep your fingers crossed and send him happy thoughts. It's such a tough decision, but one only he can make.

I hope he makes the right decision. It isn't an easy one.

Not this weekend, but Tuesday we're flying up to Chicago to visit my sister and to rendezvous with my friend and her son who are flying in from Portland, Ore. We're looking forward to going to taking all of our boys to the museums and the Navy Pier and Millenium Park. Although my sister just emailed me to tell me it is HOT up there, too.

I have not seen the LAST HP movie, so don't want to go see this one. And it has been several years since I read the books or seen the other movies. I'm thinking about getting all the HP movies and watching them again before I go see this one. Ironically, it is the last book I remember best because I read it most recently.

I'm at Harry Potter.....very excited for this as it's my birthday monday so an excellent way to kick off the weekend!! I think here will be many tears during this movie though...I can't believe this is it!!

On another note, I had a conference downtown Chicago today, and decided - unwisely - to walk the 1.2 miles from the train to the conference location in my heels...both ways...I have about 4 blisters per foot now, one each on my heels - ouch!!

Anyone else seeing HP this weekend or doing anythig else exciting??? :goodvibes

I had to make that decision last year for myself... I chose to wait and was in so much pain I did not enjoy the trip at all..... I wished I had gone ahead and had the surgery, I would have been able to enjoy it so much more.
Good luck to your dad in what ever he does...

Maybe we could add *one* or 2 more to each group?? Just sayin... ;)

They really do caution (beg you not to) put liquids in your checked bags. We checked a "bag o' booze" lol and then pulled it out of the checked bags & rolled it through as a carry on. The dude checking it said...Whoa...nice. DH still quotes him! :rotfl:

We laugh when we think about bringing that roll on with 50 lbs of booze... the dude running it through the xray said the same... whoaaa... you'll are planning to have a good time!"...:rotfl2:

I'm at Harry Potter.....very excited for this as it's my birthday monday so an excellent way to kick off the weekend!! I think here will be many tears during this movie though...I can't believe this is it!

Happy Birthday!!

No, it was Paul Del Mar; when googled, there are multiple positive reviews.

We were blessed to have Paul as our driver on the EBTA this year... he is a great guide......You will so enjoy him.

Mic - so funny to read your comments about "old" issues. I guess you are serious about catching up with what's been going on.

The latest news on Morrison's is that they will be OPEN on September 12 (the national holiday is actually on September 10).

The Gibraltar taxi tour we've chatted about is with one specific taxi driver which some of us lucked into on the EBTA '10 at the port. Don't know if we missed out on anything important, but we had a very enjoyable tour. He quotes prices in / accepts payment in both pounds sterling and euros.

realized now that I could just read your weekly updates which are so great (thanks) BUT now that I have started.....

Hey, the Dis loved our thread last September - it went on to 300 pages. We decided we were special!!;)

We did it the other way round on that thread, kept it running until the Dis closed it. The next thread was ready and waiting, but the 'leader' said not to post on it until the old one was closed.

My word.... I didn't read the other billion pages before this and I am not even sure I am on the right topic anymore after switching so many times... hahahaha :lmao:

Anyway, if this IS the topic about the Transatlantic cruise in September 2011, then count us in!!! Whoohooo :dance3:

Recently we decided that we were going to be irresponsible and squander our money on a holiday, but we weren't sure what holiday that would be. So we talked of several options (Egypt, Curacao, Jamaica, Mexico....) but my husband, the former anti-Disney member of our family mumbled: I'd prefer going to Disney. Now seeing as I want to stay at least 2 weeks if we travel all the way from the Netherlands (or Holland which ever you prefer) and we tend to want to do EVERYTHING and we already had two disney holidays in a row, I thought that would be a bit much. Also, this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation (I am many things in disney, relaxing is not one of them) Until a little lightbulb went on in my head (or above it, much more visual) and I realised there was a Disney cruise heading back over the ocean on September. WHOOT!! And so I asked my husband and 4 year old daughter: Mexico or Disney cruise... I think seeing as I am posting in this topic you can guess what the answer was :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

Welcome aboard, but we have all moved onto Thread # 5!! Come on over and join us

My word.... I didn't read the other billion pages before this and I am not even sure I am on the right topic anymore after switching so many times... hahahaha :lmao:

Anyway, if this IS the topic about the Transatlantic cruise in September 2011, then count us in!!! Whoohooo :dance3:

Recently we decided that we were going to be irresponsible and squander our money on a holiday, but we weren't sure what holiday that would be. So we talked of several options (Egypt, Curacao, Jamaica, Mexico....) but my husband, the former anti-Disney member of our family mumbled: I'd prefer going to Disney. Now seeing as I want to stay at least 2 weeks if we travel all the way from the Netherlands (or Holland which ever you prefer) and we tend to want to do EVERYTHING and we already had two disney holidays in a row, I thought that would be a bit much. Also, this was supposed to be a relaxing vacation (I am many things in disney, relaxing is not one of them) Until a little lightbulb went on in my head (or above it, much more visual) and I realised there was a Disney cruise heading back over the ocean on September. WHOOT!! And so I asked my husband and 4 year old daughter: Mexico or Disney cruise... I think seeing as I am posting in this topic you can guess what the answer was :rolleyes1 :woohoo:

great news, hi and welcome, :wave:

Here is the link to thread #5: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=41858599#post41858599

Welcome aboard !! Please tell us a little more about yourselves like your names and about your family.

We are Noel and John and this will be our 5th cruise on DCL. Our last cruise was the 2010 WBTA so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask or PM me.

My DH John and I have created a website for you view other cruisers and sign in with your information. If you want to add your picture, you can send it to us at nbirkner@yahoo.com
Please check this first page of the thread to orient yourself about the cruise, DIS members on the cruise and all the activities planned.
To help you with all the activities that are planned, here is some information to help you decide if you want to participate:

01. If you are interested in participating in the Fish Extender Exchange (FE), please PM Pat (PFlamingo) with the following details:
Send her your stateroom number, Disboard name, first name of each person in the stateroom, realtionship to you (DH, DW, DD, DS, etc) ages and gender of children. You can cut and paste the format below.
Stateroom #:
Disname:
First name:
First name:
Cutoff date for joining the FE is August 1, 2011.

02. If people are interested in being in the same area as other DIS'ers to send Dan (Cliffy97) a PM with Lead Passenger name, your booking number and if you are Early or Late seating. Dan was told by Disney today that this is all they need to put folks together. :-). Linked Dining
03. If you are interested in the Candy Swap, please PM Jacqueline (goofieslonglostsis).

04. If you are interested in Secret Mickey Exchange, please PM Karen (karentan).

05. If you are interest in getting a WBTA lanyard, please PM Noel (birkner). See this lanyard link for example of the previous 2010 WBTA lanyard. Hopefully, a group of DISers will volunteer to underwrite the lanyards as they did last year so they will be free to the rest of the DISers. We already have several people offering to be part of the lanyard underwriting group. If you wish to join, please send Noel (Birkner) a PM. If we get enough members, the cost should be $10 or less per member.

06. If you are interested in a WBTA lanyard pin,please PM Noel (birkner). See the lanyard link above for example of the previous 2010 WBTA pin. Cost will be 5 Euros per pin. Payment is to be made by June 30, 2011 to birkner@needinfo.com on PayPal. Contact Noel (birkner) if you have more questions about pins.
* Just a quick note on Lanyard pins. I have ordered a couple extra pins so if you want a pin, pls PM me, first come, first served until the pins are all sold.

07. If you are interested in participating in a Mickey Mouse Club night, please check out this Mickey Mouse club post. Plans are to do this event on Monday September 19 at both early and late seating dinners. We will all wear our Mickey Mouse shirts and ears!!

08. I am organizing two tours in Madeira. West we did last year and also one for East Madeira. Here is the a PDF file that gives more information about the 2010 tour. If you are interested, please send Noel (birkner) a PM.

09. We are also going to do a Champagne Girls meet. The Champagne Girls event originated on the WBPC cruise in 2008. Women get together dressed in pink to drink champagne or non alcoholic bubbly and chat. Pictures of the first meet are in this post and pictures from the last WBTA are in this post. Please PM (Clare)Pinky166 to add you name to the list.

10. If you would like to join in the Scrapbooking Exchange, please PM Clare (Pinky166) with your name and room number. The idea is to give your fellow exchangers some scrapbooking embellishments for use in your scrapbooks after you return home! For more info check this post.

11 Join us for a Pajama breakfast on September 18 at 10:00 AM at Lumiere's. We will meet outside Lumiere's at 9:50 AM to take group pictures. If you are interested, please PM Mandy (MandyGirl) with the number in your party.
Here is the picture from the PJ breakfast on last years WBTA.
PJparty.jpg

12. Mandy (MandyGirl) is organizing a Tortola Excursion of a group rate day sail on a power catamaran to Jost VanDyke with Tortola Charters. Please PM Mandy with the number in your party if you are interested in being added to the standby list of this full excursion.

13. Claire (Pinky166) is organizing a Ladies High Tea at Palo's. If you are interested, send her a PM for details. Ladies High Tea is planned for September 13 at 3:00 PM.

14. Squitty (Michelle) is organizing private Mixology and Mojito tastings. If you are interested, send her a PM for details.

15. Karen (Pixie Dust For Me!)is organizing stateroom tours, but we can't do it without you! PM me with your stateroom assignment and room number and we will tour as many staterooms as possible. It would be great to get one in every category!
When: Definitely on a sea day....stay tuned for which day!
Time: TBD
Where: You will be given a list of participating stateroom numbers and categories the day after we embark (to account for all those upgrades, don't you know )
Refreshments: Optional per discretion of stateroom participant.

16. If you want a designed DIS tee shirt for this cruise, follow the instruction in this post. DIS Tee shirt

17. Cliffy 97 (Dan and Bruce) are organizing a typical English pub crawl on Friday, September 16 from 1:00PM until 5:00PM. We can then restart after dinner.
Those who were interested will in one of the bars for ( Traditionally a half pint pounded, I would suggest a drink of your choice) and then visit (Crawl) every other bar on the ship at least once.
As we do not have to worry about anything closing or how we are getting home, I would imagine we can spend 20-30 min at each location versus the 5-10 min you have on the monopoly pub crawl in London.

Tee Shirt Order Site
More details on the pub crawl here: Pub Crawl

If you are located outside of the USA and want a t-shirt, please PM Chris&Jeremy and he will send you the artwork so you can have your own shirt printed locally.

18. If anyone wants to organize a postcard exchange, please feel free to start one. What we did las year is bring a postcard from where we lived and left in each other's FE. It is best to limit the number of participants no more than 25 as cost and weight to bring become an issue.

19. If you are interested in joining us for a farewell lunch, contact Claire (Pinky166) to be added to the list.
Come & join us for a farewell DIS lunch on the last sea day. Thursday 22nd Sept at 12.15pm, we are not sure which of the three rotational restaurants will be open on that day, should there be more than one open I have put them in order of preference - 1st Lumiere's, 2nd Parrot Cay or 3rd Animator's Palate.
Please make sure you check your Navigator that morning to see which restaurant is open for lunch as I won't be able to tell you in advance.
Please PM me if you'd like to join us and I will add you to the list, then once onboard notify the restaurant so they can seat us together at some large tables.

20. Hard Rock Cafe Meet. Some of us are hoping to meet up for drinks/a meal the evening of Friday 9th September at 6:30 PM at the Hard Rock Cafe on Placa Catalunya and is being organized by Sarah (Totally Angelic). Please send her a PM if you want to join in the fun!

21. Jane (We'reAliens) is organizing a Book Exchange. The idea is that a large bag will be hung on handrail outside stateroom 7120 available for anyone to borrow and, of course, donate books.

22. Jill (TxMermaid1) is organizing a dive in Tortola. Here is the info on the dive trip for Tortola Group leader lead by Jill Bouska, PADI Master Scuba Diver Instructor. Tortola Dive
(http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=41602319&postcount=2002)

everyone please stop posting on this thread. I have asked the mods to close it, please move over to the new one.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter