Senseo coffee maker recall

Thanks for the info. I don't use mine much, because it never really worked correctly, but I'll call to find out about this.

thank you - mine was part of the recall, and we use it quite often. We didn't get ours from whatever was posted on the BB, but through an online store. They send you a new one.

Maybe my new one won't leak the contents of the water container about once a week.:mad:

I was one who received it as part of the promotion, it had the one of the numbers HD 7810, but not the same production date or country, so guess I'm safe.

I do use it about once or twice a day for a special cup, the pods go on sale often bogo 1/2 off at drugstore.com, yummy caramel vanilla :cloud9:

Thanks so much for posting!

I ahd the same production date and country but when it got to the final page it said 7810/25,and some other numbers slashed against it. I couldn't find where these other numbers were supposed to be, so I picked on. The location they showed me in the picture was not there on my Senseo. It also says ona metal piece on the bottom.

It just makes me nervous because we have very hard water and that is what was causing the problems.

Maybe my new one won't leak the contents of the water container about once a week.:mad:

It only leaks if you use the single pod holder with pods that are larger & meant for other machines. If you use the double pod holder all the time, you can put in any pod you like. We've never had leaks and I've read that tip on many websites. :thumbsup2

Ours is on the recall list. Thanks for the info.

Recently started making our own pods since we received some Dunkin Donuts ground coffee for Christmas and wanted to use it up.

Ours is also the subject of a recall. DH is excited to get a new one though. Hopefully it works well. I guess the new one is black in color and our old one is red.

Ours is also the subject of a recall. DH is excited to get a new one though. Hopefully it works well. I guess the new one is black in color and our old one is red.

I just completed my form too. Yup, replacement is black. Ours was silver color but black is ok I guess.

Nice to receive a new machine after using ours daily for a couple of years. :thumbsup2

Ours was the HD7832 model. Not the basic model from the giveaway.

where are you all finding the production date at? Thats the only number I can't locate.

Thanks

Q: Where can I find the product type number and production date?
A: The product type number and production date can be found on the base of the Senseo® coffee maker.

To find the product type number and production date on the appliance, we advise you to unplug your Senseo® coffee maker and remove the water container and drip tray. The type number has 6 digits, starting with HDxxxx, and can be found in the top left hand corner of the label. The production date can be found in the bottom right hand corner of the label. Please only record the first 4 digits.

Senseo_Typelabel_small_xus.jpg

I fill out warranty cards for everything I buy. I wonder why they didn't notify me of the recall that way. If I hadn't seen this listed here on the DIS, I wouldn't have known about it.

Thanks for this one, mine was on the list too, says we will get a new one in 6 weeks. Yipee, we use ours all the time, love it. ;)

Anyone else get an email from Senseo today looking for address where Fedex can pick up old machine? We gave that info when we completed online form for recall & we were given case #.

Todays email is rather generic. If you reply, they don't have your case # to match the info you are providing them with (again). :confused3

Seems rather odd.

Here's the email.

Dear Valued Consumer,

Recently, you signed up to participate in our Senseo® Exchange program that identified a safety problem in a number of Senseo® coffee makers produced in Poland from July 2006 to November 2008 and for units made in China from July 2007 to November 2008.

We need to confirm the address of where to pick up the existing product before sending out a new Senseo® machine .

Please reply to senseoauditteam1@philips.com with your name and the address where Federal Express will pick up your current machine.

Thank you for your co-operation and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Philips Consumer Care Audit Team
senseoauditteam1@philips.com

Also, are they now saying we need to send the old one back before we get the new one? I thought it was going to be the other way around, and we would probably use the new box to return the old machine. HUH?

No, I got an e-mail that said my machine wasn't made during the time period that they were watching for and Thank you.

UPDATE: Received email notification that our replacement machine has been shipped and includes Fedex tracking info. :thumbsup2

Just an fyi, got my new coffee maker on Monday, with a shipping label to send my old one back. Looks the same to me, thanks again to the op for the heads up on this. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter