Sell me on the Disney Rewards Visa

disneydreamfan14

See Ya Real Soon!
I'm debating on applying for a Disney Rewards Visa from Chase. The letter we received States the following perks:
-Earn reward dollars for most everything Disney
-Enjoy a 3.99% Intro APR on balance transfers until a certain date
-Save on Disney Vacation Packages
-Earn a $200 Disney gift card after you spend $500 in the first three months after account opening

Does anyone have any more information, anything else you found useful? Just want to see if this is right for us. Also, are there age restrictions?

Thanks so much!

I'm debating on applying for a Disney Rewards Visa from Chase. The letter we received States the following perks: -Earn reward dollars for most everything Disney -Enjoy a 3.99% Intro APR on balance transfers until a certain date -Save on Disney Vacation Packages -Earn a $200 Disney gift card after you spend $500 in the first three months after account opening Does anyone have any more information, anything else you found useful? Just want to see if this is right for us. Also, are there age restrictions? Thanks so much!
I have one and have had it for years. My husband just got the one with the 200.00 offer. I paid half of our trip on mine and we are putting the other half on his. After all is said and done we will have about 300.00 total in gift cards to use for our trip. We plan on paying the balance in full and he may even cancel his card when we get back or maybe not. But 300.00 not to shabby.

You also get 6 months interest free on a Disney vacay also when they come out with offers Visa card holders get early access to those offers.

The best thing about the Disney reward visa is getting to book your discount package from Disney couple of days before the general public.

The rewards are so low, other cards are so much better.

I can't. I refuse to do business with Chase. They are horrid. Even though I would LOVE the Disney savings, I can't give them one red cent of my money.

The best thing about the Disney reward visa is getting to book your discount package from Disney couple of days before the general public.

The rewards are so low, other cards are so much better.

we did it for the free gift card but pretty much never used it afterwards.

you're right on rewards being better with other cards-we have the amex card through Costco. no fee, and between 1 and 3% cash back on purchases (it realy adds up over the course of a year), some excellent discounts on rental cars and such-and their damage/theft/loss protection and doubling the time period on warranties has saved us some serious $$$.

We've had our card for years. It isn't our primary card, and we don't carry a balance so the interest rate isn't a concern. We use the following perks:

* 10% off a purchase of $50 or more at Disney Store, disneystore.com, and gift shops at Disney World/Land
* Access to Disney World offers a few days before general public
* Free financing for 6 months on Disney vacations
* The rewards aren't awesome...but we do use the Disney Reward $$ for our trips for tips and/or souvenirs.

I use mine for everything I can..except for the 5% back quarterly offerings on the Chase Reward card, then everything in those categories go on that one. No, the 1% isn't that great, but I save them up all year to apply to my DVC MF. Never carry a balance, so it's free money and goes to help reduce a major yearly bill.

I think the way ateam uses it is the best way to go - not as a primary card.

We've used a free miles card as our primary for many years and have been thrilled with it.

I can't. I refuse to do business with Chase. They are horrid. Even though I would LOVE the Disney savings, I can't give them one red cent of my money.

Actually, if you pay off the card each month and get the $200 bonus to open, you are making them give YOU money! You would not be giving them anything!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter