segway tour

nutty4wdw

DIS Veteran
at the epcot segway tour where do you pick up the segways and return them. i know we meet i believe at guest relations but my wife is worried we will have to ride them through guests when we ride to the WS and bring them back if they are picked up at innoventions or the guest relations

The training area is in Innoventions. First you watch a video, then learn the basics in a small area set up just for that (a couple ramps and some open space). Then you do ride through Innoventions and a short area of Future World to get to WS for the tour. We did it a few years ago and had a blast. Don't worry about riding through the crowd, you get the basic training first, and the guides are there to make sure everyone is safe. You will love it!

Here's a pic from the training room:

2160428650088527335NuSiAB_ph.jpg

And out in WS:

2549729820088527335CQZUvc_ph.jpg

When my DH and DS did the segway tour, the World Showcase was not open to guest. Also, remember to take a small camera in your pocket so that you can have a CM take a wonderful pic of you and your DW like the previous poster has. You will stop in the World Showcase and they will take your photo for you if you have a camera. Have a great time!!!

If you do the really early tour, you will be going through FW before it opens at the start of your tour and when you get back, it will only be 9:30 so the crowds will be very light.

Don't worry about driving through FW while it's open. You have 2 guides and one will go ahead and stop people from walking. They basically clear a path for you and you move along in a parade formation. Everyone stops and waits for you to pass.

You will feel completely safe.

One more thing - the segways have a pouch in the front that holds quite a bit - you don't have to keep your camera in your pocket :)

IMG_0394-1.jpg

DH and I took the 7:45 tour last July and it was great. The park and WS wasn't open when we started and I felt safer not to have to worry about running into people. I think it gives a little more freedom when no one is around. On our way back FW was open but not a lot of people. It was fun to see the looks on their faces when we rode by. We loved the tour and would do it again.

There's a pretty good chance you'll be riding through the crowds in Future World at the end of the tour heading back to Innoventions. BUT, that's one of the better parts of the tour. You kinda feel like a rock-star while everyone stands aside and watches you cruise through. Many times it's a real attention getter

Do the one at 7:50 am...it is perfect, no crowds at all until you head to France and Canada and back to drop off the Segways, by then the park is open and guests have been in for an hour

My sister would love that....the less walking the better. :rotfl:

Maybe I should not tell her about it.....she may veto the KTTK Tour.

I was wondering about these tours as well. DH & I went on one in St. Martin and while it was fun, there were people everywhere. It's amazing how the people there didn't pay any attention to the parade of Segways and would walk in between us! I actually ran over one person's foot who wasn't paying attention and wandered into my path. I also had a person with a rolling suitcase walk in front of me, which caused me to have to slow down and cut our group in half all while she took her time. I guess she didn't speak English since "excuse me" didn't work.

Anyway - it's good to see that WDW is more mindful and makes sure the other guests stay out of the way.

I'm also taking the Segway tour. I'm really looking forward to it. I hear all good things about it. I always wanted to try.

If I like it, I'll look for Segway tours on all my trips! :cheer2:

DIS needs a Segway cartoon. :goodvibes :moped:

Don't forget that there's also a Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. We did that one and it was a blast! Kind of like the "off-roading" version of the Segway. Went all over the campgrounds, between trees, etc. The guests at Ft. Wilderness all waved at us and were quite considerate of all of us. Not even any close calls.

I highly recommend it!

How do you book a Segway Tour? Do you have to call in advance, like ADRs, or can you do it the day of? Cost?

Thanks for your help!

How do you book a Segway Tour? Do you have to call in advance, like ADRs, or can you do it the day of? Cost?

Thanks for your help!

Yes, it is like booking ADRs. You call the tour number (WDW.Tour?) and ask for the Segway tour at Epcot or Fort Wilderness. Epcot Segway is $85 or 95 (forget which) but they do have a AAA discount.

I don't know about doing it the day of since it is usually early morning, but I guess you can ask your resort's front desk. :flower3:

We ran into the sedgeway tourers while in England one morning. (We go to the W Showcase in the morning to avoid the crowds). They looked like they were having a lot of fun!

Yes!

It is still a very cool ride to do even if you are going solo. This will be one of the favorite things you will experience at WDW.

We did this last May, and it was by far one of the most enjoyable things that we have done at WDW.

Enjoy! :tigger:

Don't forget that there's also a Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness. We did that one and it was a blast! Kind of like the "off-roading" version of the Segway. Went all over the campgrounds, between trees, etc. The guests at Ft. Wilderness all waved at us and were quite considerate of all of us. Not even any close calls.

I highly recommend it!

I second this. We have done the Around the World Segway tour twice and then did the Ft. Wilderness version just a week or so ago and we liked the Ft. Wilderness version better you go off roading and the trails are great you go places that you would not go if you were not on the tour. Very relaxing as well.

I am looking into doing the EPCOT version of the segway tour as a surprise for my Husband on our anniversary trip. I know that he is very interested in doing it but I am a little bit concerned. His left foot is very unstable (he has to wear an ankle brace daily) because he has broken it several times. Because of that he tends to shift all his weight to his right foot. Is that going to be a problem in using the segway? Sorry if that's a dumb question but I don't want to book it if it won't work for him. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter